SJB & Mater Dei - 4 5*s on a team not named IMG

ECHS05

MD tight end Michael Martinez will be elevated to 4 or 5 star. Outside of McCoy he is the most impressive player on the team IMO. He was largely underutilized last year because of their system with JT and plethora of WR studs. Expect Martinez to be a real weapon this next season. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

But he would win all the national championships if he had talent!

Don't you get it?!

Absolutely if he had the talent Mater Dei has.

They could flag his team 20 times a game for too many men on the field and theyd still win by 35. Hed never be in that position at the end of the game to have to worry about that.

23 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

@ECHS05 is a clown.

Makes dumb comments and then changes the subject to avoid getting crushed.

That was 12 years ago. 

The coach he is today, wouldnt lose a game to anyone with the kind of talent MD has.

There are teams (like JC or DLS) that win games they shouldnt because of their style... But it wouldnt matter what they did vs. a team like that.

18 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

MD tight end Michael Martinez will be elevated to 4 or 5 star. Outside of McCoy he is the most impressive player on the team IMO. He was largely underutilized last year because of their system with JT and plethora of WR studs. Expect Martinez to be a real weapon this next season. 

It’s one thing thing to have that variety of talent, but working all the weapons in effectively might be easier said than done.  Nobody but MD wants to see a coming out party for Martinez. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Propst has mismanaged at least two game endings that I've watched.  Hoover- Colerain was a horrible blunder on his part as well

Against a first year head coach against a team who's offense doesn't really get going until week 3.  

15 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

What a bizarre thread. OP talks about all the talent on SJB and MD, then immediately throws a jab and compares them to Georgia. 

Unbelievable. 

Is it really that unbelievable? It's GA #1 brown nosed homer making the post

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I get that. 

But isn't the original post bizarre? Its like half praising and half manic, along with a bizarre dig & a random GA rant. 

Unreal. 

For 1 to cram so much into such a short post... the OP must be quite insightful.

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I get that. 

But isn't the original post bizarre? Its like half praising and half manic, along with a bizarre dig & a random GA rant. 

Unreal. 

He has a hardon for California...always has since the day he started posting 

• Like 1

Idk why, but I do feel that it should be pointed out... Rush delegates that counting to 11 business to assistants. 

Granted the buck stops with him, but, I never expected him to be the one to count to 11. Over the last decade, I've seen seniors on defense count the men on the field, and often saw a coach doing so as well. 

Can't say I noticed anyone doing it outright in a game at all last season. A team with less than 15 seniors on it total and only around 8 of them with significant playing time kind of put a kink in the first line of defense on counting heads. 

No excuses for there not being some coach doing so though. None at all. 

39 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

It would have been a great post if you left out the random Ga stuff. 

No need for that. And you lose credibility. 

These teams realized theyd never be at the top without a higher quantity of better players. If you cant outcoach em... get as many top players in as it takes to overcome better coaching... its a cowards way, but I guess it is what it is.

Idiots, like some here, mistake that for good/better football. No... players that wouldve been on other teams came to the same team to make it better... doesnt bring the same sense of accomplishment ... 

My point was there are coaches out there thatd never lose with that kind of talent. Propst is one. Since hes from the state Im in, I figured Id use him. His teams usually dont have a 1/4th of the talent 1 of those teams have this season.

Theres other coaches too, not just Propst. 

And I poke at Cali, because they are consistently the most overrated state in 'Merica. Look at CalPreps right now... Oaks Christian & Serra Gardena are rounding out its National Top 10... Neds an idiot.. that site is largely to blame for the false sense of being some Californians bring to the forum. Theres no one to "check" Ned on his bullshit rankings he produces for his home state of CA, yet he extends them as some failproof algorithm that cant be wrong. Joke.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

These teams realized theyd never be at the top without a higher quantity of better players. If you cant outcoach em... get as many top players in as it takes to overcome better coaching... its a cowards way, but I guess it is what it is.

Idiots, like some here, mistake that for good/better football. No... players that wouldve been on other teams came to the same team to make it better... doesnt bring the same sense of accomplishment ... 

My point was there are coaches out there thatd never lose with that kind of talent. Propst is one. Since hes from the state Im in, I figured Id use him. His teams usually dont have a 1/4th of the talent 1 of those teams have this season.

And I poke at Cali, because they are consistently the most overrated state in 'Merica. Look at CalPreps right now... Oaks Christian & Serra Gardena are rounding out its National Top 10... Neds an idiot.. that site is largely to blame for the false sense of where they belong some Californians bring to the forum. Theres no one to "check" Ned on his bullshit rankings he produces for his home state of CA, yet he issues it as some unshakable algorithm that cant be wrong. Joke.

Probably. But your notion that only certain GA coaches would do more with that talent, kills your credibility on here. 

If you just stopped the GA agenda thing, you'd be fine. Respected. I don't get why you continue to push it. Just slow down. Breathe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Probably. But your notion that only certain GA coaches would do more with that talent, kills your credibility on here. 

If you just stopped the GA agenda thing, you'd be fine. Respected. I don't get why you continue to push it. Just slow down. Breathe. 

I just said I used Propst because he coaches in my state. And that there are others. But he is one of the best in the business, regardless of him being in GA.

Being respected isnt why Im here and I dont need it from you or anyone else here.

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk why, but I do feel that it should be pointed out... Rush delegates that counting to 11 business to assistants. 

Granted the buck stops with him, but, I never expected him to be the one to count to 11. Over the last decade, I've seen seniors on defense count the men on the field, and often saw a coach doing so as well. 

Can't say I noticed anyone doing it outright in a game at all last season. A team with less than 15 seniors on it total and only around 8 of them with significant playing time kind of put a kink in the first line of defense on counting heads. 

No excuses for there not being some coach doing so though. None at all. 

The assistants be hitting the moonshine early. 😂😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And I poke at Cali, because they are consistently the most overrated state in 'Merica. Look at CalPreps right now... Oaks Christian & Serra Gardena are rounding out its National Top 10... Neds an idiot.. that site is largely to blame for the false sense of where they belong some Californians bring to the forum. Theres no one to "check" Ned on his bullshit rankings he produces for his home state of CA, yet he issues it as some failproof algorithm that cant be wrong. Joke.

The Stache has a #OIAG team least year.  You are right. Tiny Tim could have won State with those dudes.

The majority of the kids on MD and SJB are within their boundaries 

SJB (Kiki era/pre Negro) used to have dominating freshmen teams, only to have them transfer out to Poly, Los Al, Narbonne etc.  Now the kids stay (financial help) and they also  get a few (3-4) upper level transfers every year, which is normal for all schools.

JT committed to MD in 6th grade 

there is just an abundant talent in So Cal but it is distributed between 500 schools.  

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I just said I used Propst because he coaches in my state. And that there are others. But he is one of the best in the business, regardless of him being in GA.

Being respected isnt why Im here and I dont need it from you or anyone else here.

Colquitt County Coaching Staff aka "The best in the business"

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

2014 and 2015 are by far his best Packer teams... Those teams went 30-0.

I was surprised we even played for the state championship in 2017.

Go look at the performance of his 2006 Hoover team.

Preseason #1 nationally and lost twice by two touchdowns, barely beat Vestavia Hills (twice) and only beat something called Minor by 7 points.

But he would win all the national championships if he had talent!!!

17 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

The Star Rated players on SJB & Mater Dei... Mater Dei has 4 5*s, Im not sure Ive seen that on any team but IMG...

The transfer game is officially out of control...

I can only imagine if Rush Propst had this kind of talent at Colquitt Co... The things he could do with it... Wow... The MNC would be a lock every season...

There is going to be a lot of talent on the field when these 2 teams square off. 

Re: seeing 4  5*'s on one team-Long Beach Poly had 5 All Americans and a host of other studs on their 2001 team. They were pre-season #1 but lost to #2 team DLS in one of the most anticipated HS games in years. DLS did have one A. A. in Derek Landri, and a few other players that went to the NFL the most famous being Maurice Jones Drew.  The game was epic. 

When MD and SJB do battle it will be like that.

• Like 1