Dave Campbell’s TX football 2018 magazine

Las Vegas_JC

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This poll is notorious for severely depressing the ranking of any Texas team with an at risk OOS game on the slate.  Borderline hilarious.

They had Trintiy at #17 prior to the DLS game.  Trinity ultimately beat the Texas state champs.  

No legit #17 preseason team beats the state champs. Lol

I’m talking about the magazine that DC puts out every year. It covers HS, NCAA and NFL football as it relates to Texas. Pick a copy up. 

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This poll is notorious for severely depressing the ranking of any Texas team with an at risk OOS game on the slate.  Borderline hilarious.

They had Trinity at #17 prior to the DLS game.  Trinity ultimately beat the Texas state champs.  

No poll could be worst than FNF Florida poll last year 

It left off a eventual state champ from their top 25 but had Leon in it

Leon went 0-10

2 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Then how come I have no interest in reading it?

Ok fine then don’t read it. I’m trying to get people to look out of their region. And to appreciate HS football everywhere that it’s played (except in NorCal 😂). I’m also interested in reading a preview about the MIC in Indiana. And other regions of interest. 

What is a good source for a preview of HSFB in the bottom? Also an area of interest. 

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

They had Trinity at #17 prior to the DLS game.  Trinity ultimately beat the Texas state champs.  

They actually over ranked them being that they got booted from the 1st round. 

That's what you don't get. DLS has no issue clobbering the champion of all Southern California during the same year they get baby sealed by some oos team who can't cut the mustard in their own state. 

I think what DLS winning Cali the same year as losing to Lakeland, STA and Trinity exposes the myth that California and SoCal are as vaunted as Sam I am wants you to believe 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No legit National champ loses to 1st round losers... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Also when did Trinity beat Allen or Katy?

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Trinity and Allen should play more... 

They play enough, they played last year a matter of fact.  These two teams have played all the big guns in the DFW area, I'd like them to play the east Tx, Austin and Houston powers more.  

Allen vs katy

allen vs north shore (in a good year)

allen vs laketravis

Trinity vs longview

trinity vs katy

trinity vs lake travis

Trinity vs woodlands

Trinity vs Klein collins

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They play enough, they played last year a matter of fact.  These two teams have played all the big guns in the DFW area, I'd like them to play the east Tx, Austin and Houston powers more.  

Allen vs katy

allen vs north shore (in a good year)

allen vs laketravis

Trinity vs longview

trinity vs katy

trinity vs lake travis

Trinity vs woodlands

Trinity vs Klein collins

If Trinity and Longview play each other....Bye week will be needed for players to heal.

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, Nolebull813 said:

They actually over ranked them being that they got booted from the 1st round. 

That's what you don't get. DLS has no issue clobbering the champion of all Southern California during the same year they get baby sealed by some oos team who can't cut the mustard in their own state. 

I think what DLS winning Cali the same year as losing to Lakeland, STA and Trinity exposes the myth that California and SoCal are as vaunted as Sam I am wants you to believe 

Thanks he keeps repeating that narrative to get it to stick.  I went down to Waco with the ET guys with the Redskin and watched them against N.S.  Horsefly and TexasBall will testify that I said right after the DLS game that there were 10 teams in Texas Better than DLS and 5 were in DFW alone.  N.S. lost 3 games that year all against the best teams they played won State in OT in the weakest Division that Year.  KATY TIGERS were not only the King in Texas that year but arguably the best in the Nation.  Yet DLS mollywopped Cali and ET damn near lost to 5A Lancaster and then lost in the 1st Round against SGP.    To him rating a 1st Round loser a not top 10 team is underrating them. :D And that was supposed to be one of the Top DLS teams in the past 15 years.

Dave Campbell's is a Treasure here in Texas and I have been collecting certain additions since I was playing HS Football here. 

In 2015 the Preseason rankings of National teams including Texas were as such.  Where is E.T. :D

#1. DLS

#5.  Desoto

#10. Allen

#11. Katy

#20. Manvel

2015 Preseason 6A Region I rankings.   They were 5th in their Region to begin the Year. :D

CL/DIST
Class 6A Region I
Team (2014 Record)
    Pre-
Rating
6A - 8 DeSoto   (10-2)   201.30
6A - 6 Allen   (16-0)   201.01
6A - 8 Cedar Hill   (14-2)   200.67
6A - 5 Denton Guyer  (10-2)   199.04
6A - 7 Euless Trinity   (12-2)   197.73
6A - 7 Southlake Carroll   (13-1)   195.95
6A - 4 Arlington Martin   (10-3)   193.28