Trump family separation policy starts dividing Republicans

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I do know shit about the South.

I know enough to know that you need to stay off Fox News and worry about things that affect your state, and not illegals. You need to clean up the poverty in the south from your own people before worrying about others.

Facts.

I never watch Fox News, because outside of sports, I don’t watch TV.  And your knowledge of the South is based on stereotypes from the 50’s and 60’s.  Facts.

Just now, Bormio said:

I never watch Fox News, because outside of sports, I don’t watch TV.  And your knowledge of the South is based on stereotypes from the 50’s and 60’s.  Facts.

No, I am basing this on stats on the south as a whole.

You have zero reason to be even remotely concerned about immigration.

Fix your poverty first.

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

No, I am basing this on stats on the south as a whole.

You have zero reason to be even remotely concerned about immigration.

Fix your poverty first.

California has a greater percentage of people below the poverty line than the South.

Just now, Bormio said:

California has a greater percentage of people below the poverty line than the South.

Actually that is false. We have MORE PEOPLE below the poverty line. Not per capita.

You need to fix your poverty before being worried about issues that don't affect you.

We have more of an issue with illegals in ONE COUNTY than you do in your whole state.

Sit down and be quiet.

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Actually that is false. We have MORE PEOPLE below the poverty line. Not per capita.

You need to fix your poverty before being worried about issues that don't affect you.

We have more of an issue with illegals in ONE COUNTY than you do in your whole state.

Sit down and be quiet.

You are wrong - California has a higher mean and median income, but a greater percentage below the poverty line.

FU

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Damn the AP must read some of my posts.  I clearly have stated I don't understand the uproar among Liberals as if this is some new found horror among the Hypocrites.  I stated emphatically that this wasn't nothing new and it was just the modern version of a History of abusing and incarcerating Kids from POC.  I am not shocked and I damn sure stated the same thing,  Of course those that have always done these horrendous acts would not have any empathy for these people.  That's why I address them with the same MOFOing disdain.  And I am no damn Bleeding heart Liberal.  I call it just as I see it and as Real HIS-Story have been written.  You can't change it no matter how much damn spin is put to the ignorant. I am surprised the Kids have not been adopted by some Catholic Organization and parceled out. >:(  Liberals are just as full of B.S. as the Callous Republicans.  

AP Explains: US has split up families throughout its history

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/20/ap-explains-us-has-split-up-families-throughout-its-history.html

Only a Damn Fool would allow your tutelage to be some moral Compass of their Thoughts.  STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO GET OVER THEIR HISTORY WHILE YOU CONTINUE TO COMMIT THE SAME HEINOUS ACTS AGAINST THEM

1.  SLAVERY:  Before abolition, children of black slaves were born into slavery and could be sold by owners at will. Black women could do little to stop the sale of children and often never saw them again after they were sent away.

Owners also split apart parents who had no legal rights to prevent their sale. To resist, slave families regularly ran away together but faced harsh physical punishment, even death, if caught by slave hunters.

Last week, both White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Attorney Jeff Sessions cited the Bible in defending the policy of forced separation of Latino migrant children. Sessions referenced Romans 13, which urges readers "to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order." The same passage was cited before the Civil War to justify slavery, to allow slave hunters to return runaway slaves to their owners and to pull slave children away from mothers.

2.  NATIVE AMERICAN BOARDING SCHOOLS:  After the 1890 Wounded Knee Massacre, when the Army slaughtered 150 Lakota men, women and children in the last chapter of America's long Indian wars, authorities forced Native American families to send their children to government- or church-run boarding schools. The objective, as Carlisle Indian Industrial School founder Capt. Richard H. Pratt put it, was to "kill the Indian in him and save the man."

3.  POVERTY

During the early 1900s, states sometimes pulled children from poor families and placed them in orphanages. But reformers in the 1920s and 1930s began promoting the idea that children should not be separated from their families, according to "In the Shadow Of the Poorhouse: A Social History Of Welfare In America" by Michael B. Katz.

4. IMMIGRATION:  During the Great Depression, local authorities in California and Texas participated in a mass deportation of Mexican immigrants and Mexican Americans whom they blamed for the economic downturn. Between 500,000 and 1 million Mexican immigrants and Mexican Americans were pushed out of the country during the 1930s repatriation, as the removal is sometimes called.

Many families felt they were being forced to separate from their children, who were U.S. citizens.

"And many children," Balderrama said, "never saw their parents again."

5.  JAPANESE INTERNMENT CAMPS: Starting in 1942, when the U.S. was at war with Japan, around 120,000 people of Japanese ancestry were ordered by the U.S. government into prison camps around the country. An estimated 30,000 were children.

Post on!

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Those do not reflect the state’s cost of living.  By that measure, California is #1 at 20.6%.  A certain income buys a lot more in South Carolina than California.

I posted multiple sources.

Fix yourself before you ever worry about illegals that do not affect your state.

Stay in your lane and fix your states poverty.

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I posted multiple sources.

Fix yourself before you ever worry about illegals that do not affect your state.

Stay in your lane and fix your states poverty.

Your sources all have the same problem - a fixed poverty line that does not account for cost of living in the states.  Can’t help you have a $20 ego and a $.02 brain.

Just now, Bormio said:

Your sources all have the same problem - a fixed poverty line that does not account for cost of living in the states.  Can’t help you have a $20 ego and a $.02 brain.

You are missing the point.

You are worried about illegals that don't have a great affect on your state, but you are one of the leaders in poverty!

Makes zero sense. Fix your poverty before worrying about others. Those illegals contribute more than all of your people collecting entitlements.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Just because you type the same BS 100 times does not mean it is any more true the 100th time than the first.

I don't care if you don't believe me. I provided facts, from multiple, non partisan outlets.

The point was made- you should NEVER be worried about illegal immigration when your state and location is in poverty.

Fix that first buddy. Enjoy Fox "Fake" News.

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

"An old fashioned concept"......it's not, the left wants you to believe that...."When a country loses its culture"

and language". It's over....Rome and the Ottoman Empires are examples....Japan is one of few who may never lose their culture,they are united and don't allow ILLEGALS IN.....

I have been to Japan and how well versed are you in Geography.  Comparing a damn Island isolated mostly in the South Pacific to the United States bordered by 2 countries and various others (POOR) that can actually drive to this Country is silly.  They stand a better chance of a Tuna Invasion than people from other nations.  I hope a visual will assist in this teaching moment sir.   What culture is lost in America by others coming in?  Rednecks are still in the South, Cowboys still reside in Texas and California is still Cali.  Japan is a nation of Islands that can barely hold it's own populace.  Goobers in the South still speak terrible Anglish even with all these Mexican invaders 😁

You would have to be pretty damn motivated to swim into Japan. Even the hardest immigrant isn't that damn fired up.  You should have used France of Spain as a point of reference.  Japan a terrible example.   Both Korean's hate them for good reason. So why the hell would either want to flock there including the Starving Northern ones.  China is there jump off. Look at the map and see if you can figure out why? 🤣

Image result for japan

Japan better worry about their Culture I heard this group have invaded the whole world with it's terrible Culture. LMAO.   I even heard that Baseball was their National Sport.  How did that happen?🙄 Seems some Culture Warriors have done just what you are claiming they would not allow. 

Related image

7 hours ago, Bormio said:

What do you think the effect of “catch and release” is?  They come in and nearly impossible to get out.  Several local communities have passed laws giving non citizens the vote in local elections.  And I have read a number of opinion pieces pushing for the same in state and federal elections (they work, pay taxes, are impacted by government policies ...).

Illegals can't vote.  Catch and release is where you give them a court date and then they show up and find out their fate.  It was very successful program and worked much better than what is happening now.  When they use ankle bracelets they had a 98% rate of people showing up to court.  

We have bigger problems than separating families and jailing people who are so desperate as they flee a dangerous place.  

Its a totally Trump created crisis and he lies about it on top of it.  Doesn't that bother you that Trump lies to you all the time?  

I've never heard anybody say they want open borders.  Never heard anybody say they don't want secure borders.  I have heard people say that they want people treated humanely and with compassion and that should be something we all should agree on.  

And again, non citizens can't vote. 

41 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Illegals can't vote.  Catch and release is where you give them a court date and then they show up and find out their fate.  It was very successful program and worked much better than what is happening now.  When they use ankle bracelets they had a 98% rate of people showing up to court.  

We have bigger problems than separating families and jailing people who are so desperate as they flee a dangerous place.  

Its a totally Trump created crisis and he lies about it on top of it.  Doesn't that bother you that Trump lies to you all the time?  

I've never heard anybody say they want open borders.  Never heard anybody say they don't want secure borders.  I have heard people say that they want people treated humanely and with compassion and that should be something we all should agree on.  

Why does anyone care how we treat Illegals???

45 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Heck there is an ad at the bottom of this page for a book “Open Borders -  in defense of free movement”

Just now, HSFBfan said:

In all honesty who really wants this?? Who can sit down at night by themselves and say this free movement of people is ok?? 

There are many - some just won’t admit it yet as it is a political loser.  But Trump’s insistence on border security is smoking them out.  If you don’t believe in open borders, why are you opposed to border security?  By fighting against real border security, the Dems are marking themselves as open borders advocates.