Desoto def Abilene 48-45

Jack Reacher

I was driving through Cedar Hill, heading home to  Desoto.... already dejected having witnessed  SOC lose a close game to Poteet in Grand Prairie. (SOC had a great season... no one expected them to win district, let alone make it to the third round).

I mentioned to my son that maybe Cedar Hill will avenge Desoto's loss next week, then he yells out,' Desoto Won!'. I made him toss me his iPad to be sure ....

we damn near wrecked out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I was driving through Cedar Hill, heading home to  Desoto.... already dejected having witnessed  SOC lose a close game to Poteet in Grand Prairie. (SOC had a great season... no one expected them to win district, let alone make it to the third round).

I mentioned to my son that maybe Cedar Hill will avenge Desoto's loss next week, then he yells out,' Desoto Won!'. I made him toss me his iPad to be sure ....

we damn near wrecked out

Hopefully this game will serve as a wake up call as they looked liked they were sleepwalking in this game.  Cedar hill, if they hold out tonight, will be out to avenge that earlier loss.  Will be a very tough game.

People were so high on Desoto and The Woodlands prior to the playoffs, but these two programs specifically are known for underperforming in the playoffs. Desoto just dodged a big bullet, Abilene had this won. 

They loss in the same fashion my Longview team loss in the first round against Westbrook. Late game fumble.

Desoto underperforming in the postseason?

that's interesting

last year they overperformed.......after a 5-5 regular season, they were a missed extra point from knocking off undefeated Allen.

prior to that they lost three close games to Kyler Murray's Allen... which fielded one of Texas' all time great teams each year

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Desoto underperforming in the postseason?

that's interesting

last year they overperformed.......after a 5-5 regular season, they were a missed extra point from knocking off undefeated Allen.

prior to that they lost three close games to Kyler Murray's Allen... which fielded one of Texas' all time great teams each year

The Allen losses can be excused. Kyler Murray is the greatest TXHSFB QB ever.

But Desoto puts more people D1 than anyone. What are the excuses for the other losses yearly? 

Do you not realize that this program has NEVER even been in a state title game? 

I guess if they would of loss to Abilene yesterday like they should've, that would've been labeled as over performing too.