Coach Hunnicutt Q&A

PrepGridiron

Thanks for joining us Coach,

Obviously Grayson is playing Bergen Catholic NJ on August 31st ... GA vs NJ was highly anticipated, especially here, and props for finally making it happen ...

My question, what do you make of Bergen Catholic? And do you feel confident about Graysons chances come Aug. 31st? 

There'll be a lot of GA guys on here rooting for yall that day ...

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Coach City, I’m hearing echos of Coach Simpson and Coach Wood... love having you here. 

I’ll  ship a bottle of Woodford Reserve next time, so you can tell us more. 😈

Regards

BGW

Coach Wood is the single greatest impact on me professionally and personally. In many ways a father to me.

I could not be happier for the stratospheric rise of Jess Simpson ! He is the best DL coach at any level.

• Like 3

Some that pay close attention to Georgia HSFB have your team as preseason number 1. Do you think that is where you all should be starting given what you have returning? 

If not, where do you think your team should be in this early juncture in the polls? 

Or do you even pay much attention enough to have an idea? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We're all looking fwd to your historic game vs BC. Youre getting Bergen Catholic in its first game with its new Head Coach and first year underclassman starting QB. What are your thoughts on the matchup? 

BC is a tough, hard nosed football team. They will be a tremendous challenge for us as they play fast and physical Football. Hopefully the heat and humidity will jump on them !

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Coach, 

Straight forward question ... Do you expect Graysons offense to be improved this season? I ask because at times last season, to me, they seemed to struggle.

Is RB Ronald Thompkins healthy and ready to go for the season?

We certainly have our work cut out for us as our schedule is loaded with teams that play great defense. Our first point of emphasis is “Before you can win you must keep from beating yourself.” 

Ronald is currently rehabilitating his knee and we are excited about his return.

• Like 2

What are some things you learned in year one as Grayson HC that’ll help you succeed in year two? You mentioned when you got hired there wouldn’t be many changes or overhaul to a Grayson program that was a proven winner, but what are some things you see your team doing differently in 2018 than in years past?

• Like 2