In Honor of Coach Lad.

The Comish

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DLS condones raping the countryside for the best of the best, to come to a lil pissain't church school of 900?xD Brentwood Academy in Nashville(enrollment 325) tried that in the mid nineties, when they won back to back big school state championships! And as a result, it resulted in TWO YEARS PROBATION, and the implementation of SEPARATE LEAGUES for public and private schools in the Tennessee!

I'm pretty sure DLS doesn't condone rape.

I'm not sure whether Brentwood Academy in Nashville does or why you're telling me about the history of their football program. 

You've got the mind of a squirrel. Try to stay focused a bit.  

53 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

MD 4x in a row.

LBP 2x in a row.

Cen10 in 2 out of 3 meetings.

Folsom.

Servite, who went 14-1, and who were both the Trinity League champions and the P-5 champions. 

Mission Viejo in 2 out of 4 meetings.

ECA.

St. Louis.

BG. 

Mullen.

Elder.

Mater Dei was an afterthought with few exceptions! And how many of those were ROAD wins! Since everybody seems to be on Colquitt's ass for not traveling?

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm pretty sure DLS doesn't condone rape.

I'm not sure whether Brentwood Academy in Nashville does or why you're telling me about the history of their football program. 

You've got the mind of a squirrel. Try to stay focused a bit.  

I equate Brentwood with DLS DUMBASS, because they BOTH RECRUIT! But it's just LEGAL in CALI!

And WHERE did I mention RAPE? A lil SENSITIVE there, are we PADRE?

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

He took over a losing high school football program and built it into a regional power and then a national power.

In 1998, he took his team south to play MD, who I think won 2 MNC's in the 90s. He would play MD 4 years in a row and LBP 2 years in a row, and in one of those years, LBP was a consensus 1 or 2 in the nation among national pollsters. He also took his team to HI to play the state champions there and hosted the LA state champions, and he beat all of them.

That's at least a 5-year run in which he played somebody decent and won. And he did it without causing any controversy about how he ran his program and without ever allowing his personal life to embarrass himself or his school. 

He supposedly won the MNC in 1994 and 1996!(Two down years for GEORGIA high schools)  I KNOW, since our third best team EVER, was USA TODAY #3 in 1994! And in 1996, our state champion lost two games, after an 0-2 start! At the end, I don't think ANYBODY would have beaten Brookwood, who won the return trip to Valdosta, 45-26! And they NEVER THREW a pass!

Funny thing about those MNC's though! He is on record as winning only ONE STATE championship! Because they didn't play EVERYBODY in their OWN STATE back then!xD

53 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

DLS itself (forget about the rest of CA) has been to HI, WA, OH, NJ, FL, CO and TX.

I don't think you want to bring up travelling while you're blowing Rush. 

The Colquitt County PUBLIC School Packers don't TRAVEL, cause they don't HAVE TO! We have a REAL stadium and a REAL PROGRAM! You wanna see a picture of their new IPF? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

He supposedly won the MNC in 1994 and 1996!(Two down years for GEORGIA high schools)  I KNOW, since our third best team EVER, was USA TODAY #3 in 1994! And in 1996, our state champion lost two games, after an 0-2 start! At the end, I don't think ANYBODY would have beaten Brookwood, who won the return trip to Valdosta, 45-26! And they NEVER THREW a pass!

Funny thing about those MNC's though! He is on record as winning only ONE STATE championship! Because they didn't play EVERYBODY in their OWN STATE back then!xD

He won 5 state championships in 7 years.

We already knew that Propst can't count. Now we know that you can't count either.

Maybe you folks should think about spending some of that football money on an arithmetic teacher.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

The Colquitt County PUBLIC School Packers don't TRAVEL, cause they don't HAVE TO! We have a REAL stadium and a REAL PROGRAM! You wanna see a picture of their new IPF? 

Are you proud that your community spent all that money on that coach and on that new facility?

How are the academics at Colquitt County?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

HOW     MANY      STATE      CHAMPIONSHIPS         did            he            win? I'll tell you how many,..................................................................….ZERO! Because with the exception of LB Poly, they didn't PLAY against SOCAL!

CA has only had state championships since 2006 after suspending them in 20s or 30s (I think Bakersfield had the most in the ancient era)

DLS has played in the championship game every year, going 7-5 against socal’s best team

On 7/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, ORabidOne said:

HOW     MANY      STATE      CHAMPIONSHIPS         did            he            win? I'll tell you how many,..................................................................….ZERO! Because with the exception of LB Poly, they didn't PLAY against SOCAL!

You're a little off.

He played SoCal 19 times, going 15-4. 

During the Streak years alone, he played SoCal 7 times, meeting the CIF-SS D1 champions 3 times. 

It's counting again. I can tell it's not your thing.

27 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

7-5 since 2006 would suggest the " streak" simply would never have occurred if the SBG was played during the streak.

Less likely, but possible. 

Same goes for the Northern Regional Bowl Game: the Streak would've been harder to pull off if DLS had had to play the best team from NorCal every year from 1992-2003.

And welcome to the board. 

7 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

7-5 since 2006 would suggest the " streak" simply would never have occurred if the SBG was played during the streak.

No one has really claimed otherwise

they would have gone something like 149-2 instead (those teams were a bit better on average — the ‘04-‘09 teams only had 2 BCS players by LOI day), which would give them 17 state championships in last 25 years

No one in GA wants to seriously argue that DLS would have at least 18 in GA

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

No one has really claimed otherwise

they would have gone something like 149-2 instead, which would give them 17 state championships in last 25 years

No one in GA wants to seriously argue that DLS would have at least 18 in GA

Can’t recall the last time the veer was successful in Georgia, so there’s that...

Carry on, 

AllKnowingAsshole

p.s. I like the veer and the precision, it does not work against fast athletic Ga defenses. 

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

You're a little off.

As head coach, he won 5 state championships in 7 tries.

And he played SoCal 19 times, going 15-4. 

During the Streak years, he played SoCal 7 times, meeting the CIF-SS D1 champions 3 times. 

It's counting again. I can tell it's not your thing.

Your #s are a bit low 

I’m not going to count, but he definitelynplayed socal more than 7x during streak (MD x4, LBPx2 and I’m certain there was more than one other game — I think there was. Bakersfield x2, La Costa Canyon .....

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Can’t recall the last time the veer was successful in Georgia, so there’s that...

Carry on, 

AllKnowingAsshole

p.s. I like the veer and the precision, it does not work against fast athletic Ga defenses. 

Some teams run it better than others

DLS has seen faster defenses than GA’s best teams, but GA’s best teams have never seen the beer run so we’ll 

so there’s that 

18 in GA is a friendly estimate based on a projected 17 in CA ....  I understand it’s a hard concept to swallow if you think your local pond is the ocean 

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

Your #s are a bit low 

I’m not going to count, but he definitelynplayed socal more than 7x during streak (MD x4, LBPx2 and I’m certain there was more than one other game — I think there was. Bakersfield x2, La Costa Canyon .....

https://www.masseyratings.com/h2h.php?t=22096&lg=41851

Head to head but not sure how far back this goes.  

28 minutes ago, Pops said:

Some teams run it better than others

DLS has seen faster defenses than GA’s best teams, but GA’s best teams have never seen the beer run so we’ll 

so there’s that 

18 in GA is a friendly estimate based on a projected 17 in CA ....  I understand it’s a hard concept to swallow if you think your local pond is the ocean 

You were doing so well, I’m proud of you...  Then you shit over your work, try again. 

Regards

AllKnowingAsshole

p.s. Private school slow does not compute, veer  or no veer 

47 minutes ago, Pops said:

Your #s are a bit low 

I don't count Bakersfield as SoCal. 

I use "SoCal" as synonymous for "Greater Los Angeles Area".

But I did miss La Costa. So, 8 times during the Streak and 20-4 overall?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You were doing so well, I’m proud of you...  Then you shit over your work, try again. 

Regards

AllKnowingAsshole

p.s. Private school slow does not compute, veer  or no veer 

You remind me of a tadpole that just discovered salt water

its a bigger world than your local mud hole 

if you doubt it, let’s chat facts and figures, don’t just preach about how great everything is in GA — I weary of just hearing you guys claim you have a half dozen 4.3 40 guys or how your 75th best team in GA is top 100 nationally 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

I don't count Bakersfield as SoCal. 

I use "SoCal" as synonymous for "Greater Los Angeles Area".

But I did miss La Costa. So, 8 times during the Streak and 20-4 overall?

If you’re limiting to greater LA, you wouldn’t count La Costa (San Diego) 

if you count San Diego, you’d also want to count Rancho Buena Vista x2

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Carry on, 

AllKnowingAsshole

Although I've got a lot of respect for GA defenses, DLS put 35 on St John's just last year. Have you seen those guys? Their linemen were all up around 300 pounds and athletic.