In Honor of Coach Lad.

The Comish

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Interesting data/ format 

I’m inferring that it starts in 2002 (didn’t capture any of Mater Dei games ‘98-‘01 and only one of LBP games ‘01-‘02 (they played LBP a few years ago also)

Correct, 2002 https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=22096&s=304147&all=1

Massey gets pretty intense, even including ratings for O and D annually :).   

2010 Camden County rating?  Drum roll please....   644.  CP had them #847 and then retread to #1132.  

2012 John Curtis rating?  Drum roll please...  #48  (Plant #480)  CP retread is #198 (Plant #446).   They pegged Plant similarly. 

Would be interesting to see how they rate certain years vs CP with teams.   If I ever get to a point to list a bunch of teams ratings via an ELO type hybrid system, I would probably avg. these two sources to define teams to include or exclude based on a specified cutoff rating.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Correct, 2002 https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=22096&s=304147&all=1

Massey gets pretty intense, even including ratings for O and D annually :).   

2010 Camden County rating?  Drum roll please....   644.  CP had them #847 and then retread to #1132.  

2012 John Curtis rating?  Drum roll please...  #48  (Plant #480)  CP retread is #198 (Plant #446).   They pegged Plant similarly. 

Would be interesting to see how they rate certain years vs CP with teams.   If I ever get to a point to list a bunch of teams ratings via an ELO type hybrid system, I would probably avg. these two sources to define teams to include or exclude based on a specified cutoff rating.  

I know Camden was better than their CP rating as was JC but, just with JC, I think CP’s lone voice in the wind should have been heeded by all the humans that ignored SOS and got overly excited about a September game and then entrenched in their initial misplaced enthusiasm 

Comp polls best as long as components have bona fides 

9 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Can’t recall the last time the veer was successful in Georgia, so there’s that...

Carry on, 

AllKnowingAsshole

p.s. I like the veer and the precision, it does not work against fast athletic Ga defenses. 

The veer wasn't known for being successful in SoCal either, yet...

1998:  DLS 28-21 over Mater Dei (SS D-I champ)

1999:  DLS 42-0 over Mater Dei (SS D-I co-champ)

2000:  DLS 31-28 over Mater Dei

2001:  DLS 34-6 over Mater Dei

2001:  DLS 29-15 over Long Beach Poly (SS D-I champ)

2002:  DLS 28-7 over Long Beach Poly

etc...

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pops said:

You remind me of a tadpole that just discovered salt water

its a bigger world than your local mud hole 

if you doubt it, let’s chat facts and figures, don’t just preach about how great everything is in GA — I weary of just hearing you guys claim you have a half dozen 4.3 40 guys or how your 75th best team in GA is top 100 nationally 

Don’t confuse a wolf with a nut ...

22 hours ago, Pops said:

You remind me of a tadpole that just discovered salt water

its a bigger world than your local mud hole 

if you doubt it, let’s chat facts and figures, don’t just preach about how great everything is in GA — I weary of just hearing you guys claim you have a half dozen 4.3 40 guys or how your 75th best team in GA is top 100 nationally 

Nice try, Punchy... wrong dude.

Try again, early onset dementia is your diagnosis.

Regards,

AllKnowingAsshole

7 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Who was running the veer in the SS in 1998?

I vaguely recall that Houstin popularized the veer in the early 1970's.  Dick Vermeil's UCLA rose bowl team in 1976 ran the veer and several SS high school teams emulated UCLA.

By 1998 the spread was taking root with teams like Crespi, Hart, Los Al being the pioneers.

By 1998The veer was only slightly more prevelant in the SS than the single wing