In case DLS loses

Sammyswordsman

27 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I'm beginning to think that this game and others on or around 08/17 might not be played. The fire situation in CA , specifically NorCal, is still very bad. It's been smoky skies for weeks now and might not let up any time soon.

I'm not sure how much any of the teams have been able to practice outside, or how often, and with the way the air quality is now --- I can see many of these area games cancelled.

I can't say how the air is in Concord right now but I'm only 73 miles from the DLS campus as a crow flies. I can't imagine it's much better than in the foothills of Sacramento.

Don't get me wrong, the fires and people affected by them are far more important that any athletic event. But it just figures that something would come up that could prevent this DLS-Folsom matchup from happening.

BTW, cue Sammy with a "Folsom is hoping and praying the fires prevent the game from happening" comment. LOL.

The air quality in Concord right now is much better than Folsom. That can obviously change by the 17th. 

24 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Who said that Folsom has small lines? I've seen and know enough to know that the LOS is NOT Folsom's strong suit. Unless you subscribe to dumbass block's theory that the average at best lines from last year will suddenly be world beaters, Hardimann had better have 8 sacks, disrupt every play AND block the onslaught that will be the DLS front 7 for 4 quarters. From what I saw last year on many occasions, he's the only one that stood out. And I hope to God you're not expecting the LB corps to stop DLS.

I only brought up the lines because I know how much you love posting about the DLS linemen height/weight. I concede DLS OL/DL are better than Folsom. 

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

I only brought up the lines because I know how much you love posting about the DLS linemen height/weight. I concede DLS OL/DL are better than Folsom. 

I only bring them up when some clueless person spews nonsense about how this OL will be "down" because they have to "replace" 4 OLmen. And the heights and he weights are significant. Usually DLS has smaller more agile OLmen. When they are big and agile, this makes the veer much tougher.

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

I only bring them up when some clueless person spews nonsense about how this OL will be "down" because they have to "replace" 4 OLmen. And the heights and he weights are significant. Usually DLS has smaller more agile OLmen. When they are big and agile, this makes the veer much tougher.

Veer right. Veer left. A number 90 QB who cant throw. Who cares. 

Nothing will save you from this epic loss. 

48 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You have 10 days before the most humiliating loss in DLS history. 

For as much as you have been touting Folsom's greatness, how would DLS losing be the most humiliating in their history?  You've pretty much said Folsom is the favorite here.

Also, it would take a lot to surpass the losses at Bosco and STA, as well as the loss to Canyon to become the most humiliating.  I'd even toss the Clovis loss at OO in 2004 in there as well.

Just now, Rippers said:

For as much as you have been touting Folsom's greatness, how would DLS losing be the most humiliating in their DLS?  You've pretty much said Folsom is the favorite here.

Also, it would take a lot to surpass the losses at Bosco and STA, as well as the loss to Canyon to become the most humiliating.  I'd even toss the Clovis loss at OO in 2004 in there as well.

This one? In DLSs back yard? They could be relegated to the 1AA game?

Yep. Humiliating. 

This is besides the point, but Mark Tennis's book on Cali football came out today.  Quick, somewhat boring read.  I did find one thing interesting...he listed his top 25 greatest teams in California Football History.

Of note:

1) DLS 2001

2) Vallejo 1954

3) Long Beach Poly 1959

4) DLS 1998

5) Eisenhower 1993

7) DLS 2003

9) Long Beach Poly 2001

11.  Mater Dei 2017 (I am sure will rise over time--he does say this list will change after every season)

12. SJB 2013

13.  Mission Viejo 2004

14. DLS 1994

15. Cen10 2008

17. DLS 1999

18. Mater Dei 1994

19.  DLS 2014

20. Folsom 2014

6 minutes ago, Rippers said:

For as much as you have been touting Folsom's greatness, how would DLS losing be the most humiliating in their history?  You've pretty much said Folsom is the favorite here.

Rippers careful with FPB he's starving for attn:  

Feed.jpg.a4c10918b3cdb7748a71713ed2bba591.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rippers said:

This is besides the point, but Mark Tennis's book on Cali football came out today.  Quick, somewhat boring read.  I did find one thing interesting...he listed his top 25 greatest teams in California Football History.

Of note:

1) DLS 2001

2) Vallejo 1954

3) Long Beach Poly 1959

4) DLS 1998

5) Eisenhower 1993

7) DLS 2003

9) Long Beach Poly 2001

11.  Mater Dei 2017 (I am sure will rise over time--he does say this list will change after every season)

12. SJB 2013

13.  Mission Viejo 2004

14. DLS 1994

15. Cen10 2008

17. DLS 1999

18. Mater Dei 1994

19.  DLS 2014

20. Folsom 2014

I will give Tennis major props if he is citing teams from the 50's. Interesting there are no teams listed from the 60's, 70's, or 80's. DLS with 6 teams. Nice.  

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

I'm beginning to think that this game and others on or around 08/17 might not be played. The fire situation in CA , specifically NorCal, is still very bad. It's been smoky skies for weeks now and might not let up any time soon.

I'm not sure how much any of the teams have been able to practice outside, or how often, and with the way the air quality is now --- I can see many of these area games cancelled.

I can't say how the air is in Concord right now but I'm only 73 miles from the DLS campus as a crow flies. I can't imagine it's much better than in the foothills of Sacramento.

Don't get me wrong, the fires and people affected by them are far more important that any athletic event. But it just figures that something would come up that could prevent this DLS-Folsom matchup from happening.

BTW, cue Sammy with a "Folsom is hoping and praying the fires prevent the game from happening" comment. LOL.

Just another benefit of having an indoor facility.

Rain, snow, lightning, hail, or smoke...

None of that can stop our Hawgs from working to become the best. 😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

I will give Tennis major props if he is citing teams from the 50's. Interesting there are no teams listed from the 60's, 70's, or 80's. DLS with 6 teams. Nice.  

if you notice, I skipped around....

What I left off:

6. Bellarmine 1965

8. Carson 1971

10. Blair 1969

16. Cordova 1975

21. Fontana 1987

22. DLS 2010

23. El Rancho 1968

24 Bakersfield 1966

25. El Toro 1986