In case DLS loses

Sammyswordsman

...to Bishop Gorman again, let me be the first to say that the 2018 Spartans have the potential to give the SJB/Stache some real problems on he Open Bowl.

Starting a young sophomore QB, the Spartans will improve exponentially over the next theee months, and with a good compliment of WR’s to keep the defense honest, I can see DLS putting up 30+ points in the final.

In 2018 the old mantra holds true. “If you want a chance to compete with the Spartans, you need to get them early”.

26 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

...to Bishop Gorman again, let me be the first to say that the 2018 Spartans have the potential to give the SJB/Stache some real problems on he Open Bowl.

Starting a young sophomore QB, the Spartans will improve exponentially over the next theee months, and with a good compliment of WR’s to keep the defense honest, I can see DLS putting up 30+ points in the final.

In 2018 the old mantra holds true. “If you want a chance to compete with the Spartans, you need to get them early”.

Dls is replacing 4 OLinemen, their starting QB and their leading rusher from 2017. And starting a sophomore QB this year. At least until game 5 when they will platoon their senior QB transfer. 

I believe that they will struggle this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So what Sammy is saying: If A >B and B>C than A>C we're going to leave out "potential" since there's no "potential" in Mathematics.

Ergo if DLS can compete with MD, MD beats BG, therefore DLS beats BG and Folsom does not apply since they are irrelevant.  

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed.  SJB tho is super stacked.  Quite possible  more that MD last year.  Will be fun to watch them play in person though.  Already looking forward to Dec in Norwalk!!  How the Cerritos College stadium?

24 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Dls is replacing 4 OLinemen, their starting QB and their leading rusher from 2017. And starting a sophomore QB this year. At least until game 5 when they will platoon their senior QB transfer. 

I believe that they will struggle this year

You've been saying that since you joined these boards.  Their worst year I believe was a 2 loss season.  But, then again DLS has set the bar so high and a 2 loss season is a struggle to them.  Ugh, the price of glory.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

You've been saying that since you joined these boards.  Their worst year I believe was a 2 loss season.  But, then again DLS has set the bar so high and a 2 loss season is a struggle to them.  Ugh, the price of glory.

When you lose all of your games outside of NorCal, whether it be 1, 2, or 3, then you can consider the season to be winless. Thus, DLS has really struggled as of late.

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

This is one thing we can agree on. Folsom is one of the most exciting teams to watch in all of HS football. Their offense gives zero f*$%# and they have the ballsiest play calling out there. 

Thats why this game is so intriguing. The 1960s, put you to sleep offense, versus the modern balanced attack with great athletes.

Go Folsom!

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom for sure. They have better star players than DLS. (Not saying they are a better team than DLS)

MD has significantly better players than BG on both ends of the ball. 

Valid point. I agree Folsom has the skill players but DLS line will be putting so much pressure on Bennett I don't think that Folsom will have a chance to get the ball to all those skill guys. 

As for MD vs BG I'd give the nod to MD on talent but it's probably going to be 100+ degrees at kickoff so you never know. 

Just now, 1DayPGA said:

DLS line will be putting so much pressure on Bennett I don't think that Folsom will have a chance to get the ball to all those skill guys

While that was true with a traditional pocket passer like Browning, Bennett is much different. Dual threat who is one of their fastest dudes and can sling it. Look out!

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

While that was true with a traditional pocket passer like Browning, Bennett is much different. Dual threat who is one of their fastest dudes and can sling it. Look out!

I agree Bennett is a much better runner than Browning ever was. But Folsom not only has to worry about slowing down DLS lineman but their LB's are going to be very solid this year and will have speed to neutralize Bennett if he decides to run.  If Folsom tries to double team To'oto'o,  Jahsi Wilson will make you pay and another LB that will be making plays is Fahuia. DLS defense is going to take away that extra second or two that Folsom's offense had last year and it will disrupt all their plays.