2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

15 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I Got This One!...🙂

I would say the Measuring Stick for Folsoms Tier Placement is The Bishop... Whatever Tier they are on Folsom should be on the same tier based on their play on the field.

The Bishop Scheduled 4 National Opponents and went 1-3 against, #1 or 2 MD, A Top 3 AZ Team Centennial,  A Top 5 Utah Team Orem (W), and of Course DLS. They got Shut out by MD, Lost a close one to AZ and Scored 21 Pints and Lost by 6 points to DLS. The have blown out the rest of their over-matched schedule as expected. 8-3 Record

Folsom Scheduled DLS and lost got Shut Out, their only other "Marquee" Scheduled Game was against a 7 Loss Chaminade team. They have blown out the rest of there over-matched schedule. 11-1 Record

I would argue The Bishop has a much better schedule and  lost 2 of those games by 12 points. They had a much more impressive performance against a common opponent DLS. The Bishop put up 21 points and lost by 6, Folsom was shut out and lost by 14. My belief is if Folsom played MD, they would have lost by the same score as BG did. If DLS can shut them out, I am sure MD would be up to the task. I also believe having seen both teams play, BG would win by at least 10 points, they are way too physical for Folsom.

So I am good with Folsom being on Tier 3... As long BG is put there along with them, because these are basically the same teams. BG had a Better Schedule and Better on-filed performance then Folsom. OR Folsom could move down to Tier 5 with BG... Because of all the reasons listed above....🙂

You Asked.......🤣🤣🤣

I think this is solid logic

the only exception I might make is that the teams Folsom is killing would handily beat the teams BG is killing 

Folsom has top 25 bona fides and BG doesn’t (although i think they are clearly better than #300 or wherever CP has them — BG can’t go 1-3 in their big games and expect any algorithm respect due to the rest of their schedule — they aren’t servite 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I Got This One!...🙂

I would say the Measuring Stick for Folsoms Tier Placement is The Bishop... Whatever Tier they are on Folsom should be on the same tier based on their play on the field.

The Bishop Scheduled 4 National Opponents and went 1-3 against, #1 or 2 MD, A Top 3 AZ Team Centennial,  A Top 5 Utah Team Orem (W), and of Course DLS. They got Shut out by MD, Lost a close one to AZ and Scored 21 Pints and Lost by 6 points to DLS. The have blown out the rest of their over-matched schedule as expected. 8-3 Record

Folsom Scheduled DLS and lost got Shut Out, their only other "Marquee" Scheduled Game was against a 7 Loss Chaminade team. They have blown out the rest of there over-matched schedule. 11-1 Record

I would argue The Bishop has a much better schedule and  lost 2 of those games by 12 points. They had a much more impressive performance against a common opponent DLS. The Bishop put up 21 points and lost by 6, Folsom was shut out and lost by 14. My belief is if Folsom played MD, they would have lost by the same score as BG did. If DLS can shut them out, I am sure MD would be up to the task. I also believe having seen both teams play, BG would win by at least 10 points, they are way too physical for Folsom.

So I am good with Folsom being on Tier 3... As long BG is put there along with them, because these are basically the same teams. BG had a Better Schedule and Better on-filed performance then Folsom. OR Folsom could move down to Tier 5 with BG... Because of all the reasons listed above....🙂

You Asked.......🤣🤣🤣

Ok! I got this one!

@BraceFace69s retarded brother,

A week 0 shut out, which took a botched call & multiple penalty call backs to get, doesn't carry much weight this far into the season. I would argue that DLS struggling with mid tier Buchanan (who Folsom would drop 80 on) would warrant DLS being in tier 3 and Folsom being moved on to Tier 2. 

Folsom dropped 70 on a Chaminade team (starters out in 3rd and could have been worse) that just nearly upset Oaks in a playoff game 22-7. Imagine that- 22 WHOLE points against a team Folsom could have dropped 100 on. That tells you all you need to know about that. 

Besides that, DLSs only "marquee" schedule was Folsom in which they struggled to get barely over 200 yards of total offense, in a game, against a "tier 3 public school at home." And it still took a botched call to take a TD off the board to swing that game in favor of DLS. 

In regards to BG- you are a total clown. That team was terrible and you know it. DLS was lucky to win that game, again at home. The only test on the road was against a mediocre Buchanan team, in which DLS nearly lost that one! Again, another team Folsom would hang 80 on and DLS struggles. 

In the meantime- come with the thunder next time. I have been owning you for quite sometime now and you have become somewhat obsessed. I like it. You never attended DLS and are a fan boy just like @Blueliner who comes on here and obsesses over a public school up HWY 50 stealing your thunder.

Come with the tough stuff next time. This was too easy. 

Oh- and go Folsom!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, DonnieWalsh said:

Ok! I got this one!

@BraceFace69s retarded brother,

A week 0 shut out, which took a botched call & multiple penalty call backs to get, doesn't carry much weight this far into the season. I would argue that DLS struggling with mid tier Buchanan (who Folsom would drop 80 on) would warrant DLS being in tier 3 and Folsom being moved on to Tier 2. 

Folsom dropped 70 on a Chaminade team (starters out in 3rd and could have been worse) that just nearly upset Oaks in a playoff game 22-7. Imagine that- 22 WHOLE points against a team Folsom could have dropped 100 on. That tells you all you need to know about that. 

Besides that, DLSs only "marquee" schedule was Folsom in which they struggled to get barely over 200 yards of total offense, in a game, against a "tier 3 public school at home." And it still took a botched call to take a TD off the board to swing that game in favor of DLS. 

In regards to BG- you are a total clown. That team was terrible and you know it. DLS was lucky to win that game, again at home. The only test on the road was against a mediocre Buchanan team, in which DLS nearly lost that one! Again, another team Folsom would hang 80 on and DLS struggles. 

In the meantime- come with the thunder next time. I have been owning you for quite sometime now and you have become somewhat obsessed. I like it. You never attended DLS and are a fan boy just like @Blueliner who comes on here and obsesses over a public school up HWY 50 stealing your thunder.

Come with the tough stuff next time. This was too easy. 

Oh- and go Folsom!

giphy.gif

Nevermind

I’m off the Folsom bandwagon again 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, DonnieWalsh said:

Name one thing in my post that isn't true. 

Well, you’re take is ginourmously biased but what’s “not true” — maybe hanging 80 on buchanan, maybe BG sucking....

im not quibbling with the truth 

you just make it really hard to like Folsom — in fact, I’d say you’ve forced the hands of most people to be disgusted with Folsom and that’s undoing work I’ve been putting in here long before you showed up 

stop calling people retards 

stop telling people they’re onsessed with you when clearly its thenother way around 

this group is pretty tolerant but right now you’re in the shithole and you’re basically flipping everyone off, apparently with no regard for another short presence here where in your mind you think you’re actually some sort of martyr for Folsom football.

let the football team do the talking for just a bit and especially don’t tell people about how Folsom is really better than DLS and everyone knows it (except all of us and the scoreboard).  

Start propping up that socal team as at least SSD1 first round worthy — quarter finalist quality appears to be too tough of a sell this year 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Well, you’re take is ginourmously biased but what’s “not true” — maybe hanging 80 on buchanan, maybe BG sucking....

im not quibbling with the truth 

you just make it really hard to like Folsom — in fact, I’d say you’ve forced the hands of most people to be disgusted with Folsom and that’s undoing work I’ve been putting in here long before you showed up 

stop calling people retards 

stop telling people they’re onsessed with you when clearly its thenother way around 

this group is pretty tolerant but right now you’re in the shithole and you’re basically flipping everyone off, apparently with no regard for another short presence here where in your mind you think you’re actually some sort of martyr for Folsom football.

let the football team do the talking for just a bit and especially don’t tell people about how Folsom is really better than DLS and everyone knows it (except all of us and the scoreboard).  

Start propping up that socal team as at least SSD1 first round worthy — quarter finalist quality appears to be too tough of a sell this year 

Pops,

Do you like Folsom?

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I too liked Folsom prior to this season. It’s amazing how Block, aka Donnie, can turn people completely against a team. Now that I’m getting thumb downs from Donnie just increases my disdain for Folsom.

I wouldn't let one poster turn you off to Folsom. They are a great program with some great fans and people in the community. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Thx for the clarification.

Tell me why Centennial should be in Tier 3.    What are the reasons should Centennial be moved up to Tier 3 above the teams I previously listed that would most likely beat them.  Last week was last week.....things change as more relevant data and reference points change from speculation to fact.  See SJC.

So last week Centennial could compete with Hoban, John Curtis, Katy, Chandler etc....but now they cant? Did Centennial’s results this week show they cant? No. Did Centennial lose anybody to injury? No. Did Centennial beat Bishop Gorman by the same number of points as  De La Salle (who you have on Tier 2) did? Yes.

So what changed? SJC lost? and why the hell would that affect how Centennial compares to Hoban, John Curtis, Katy, Chandler etc??? Cuz it shouldn’t!!!

1 minute ago, Pops said:

I think Folsom is one of the 25 best football teams in the country 

otherwise, don’t have much of an opinion one way or the other 

It’s a nice area — more than just a prison 

Thanks Pop. It's good to hear some positive after reading all the negatives on here for months. I appreciate it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Even if this was true it would prove nothing.

I understand your point — only games against top teams really matter 

and I agree with the point butnits hardly a black/ white issue and in the shades of grey, I think Folsom has an advantage worthy of mention — point being I think there are fewer teams in country that can donwhat folsom is doing tontheir schedule than what BG is going to theirs 

If they played, I’d have a very small line on the game, but Folsom didn’t lose 3 games and BG did and a couple of BG’s were losses that it’s hard to see Folsom duplicating (losing at all to Centennial AZ or getting beat 42-0 by MD)

i tend to “give credit” for top 500 wins (very little credit for an SJB but for most top 100 teams, that’s still a challenge game).  Folsom has 4 wins in top 500 (I stretched to 539 for Jesuit).  BG’s best win besides Orem is #2,400-something 

my post that you responded to simply suggested that was a distinction worth noting 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

my post that you responded to simply suggested that was a distinction worth noting

But it's not really worth noting.

This year's Gorman team is not very good. That's worth noting.

If they were near their peak (like Folsom is) and they played a similar schedule, they would dominate it in the same way.

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 - Mater Dei, IMG,  SJB, Carol City, NorthShore (TX),

Tier 2 -    Allen, LIncoln Way East (IL), Miami Central,  DLS, Colquitt County, STA, Cen10

Tier 3 -    Arch Bishop Hoban,  John Curtis, Katy, Chandler (AZ),   Mentor OH. ,  Warren Central (Ind),  Christian Brothers,     West Monroe, Folsom,  Colerain, St. Louis (HI), ULAB (La), SJC, Gonzaga, DeMatha, SFA

Tier 4 -  Massillon, St. Iggy,  Bergen Catholic,  Aledo,   SJP,  Muskegon (MI),  Grayson, Mission Viejo, St. Edwards (OH), Rome, Trinity Christian, Columbia (FL),  Parkview, JSerra, Jokes Christian, Centennial AZ

Tier 5 -    Hoover, Lowndes,  Bishop Gorman,  SPP, St. X, Pick Central,  Lakeland, SJR, Good Council,

Tier 6 -      Bingham, Walton, North Gwinett,  DBP, Deerfield Beach, De Paul, Marietta, Pinnacle Az. Bishop amat, OLU, Blessed Trinity (Ga),  Archer, Milton. Cass Tech (MI)

*teams will not be considered to be in a Tier until they score a point ( if they have played a game).

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

* The Tiers are fluid and subject to extreme fluctuations early in the year, leveling out as the year progresses.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from a TD to 3 scores depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team.

*It is possible for a team to lose by 10+ to a team on their same Tier, and still be 10+ points better than teams on the next lowest Tier.

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate

Submitting Mountain View St. Francis for Tier 6. 

Evidence:

Similar victory over Sherman Oaks Notre Dame as current Tier 6 Bishop Amat.

Similar MoV loss to Tier 2 De La Salle as Tier 3 Folsom (if the gap between tiers is true, MV-SF should be tier 4, as they only lost to DLS by 18).

St. Francis blowout victory over San Mateo Serra

They will be moving up at least one more spot in my NorCal rankings.  Probably two if Liberty beats Clayton Valley Charter.

Brentwood Liberty should also be considered if they don't get blown out by a similar score as did Pittsburg.  Fresno Central only has one good win, so they may need to wait until the state regional game for placement.  In these respects, SF has already demonstrated where they are, while Liberty and Central (while possibly being better.. at this point, I believe they have to be considered similar) have not.  As such, I don't view the tiers in the same way as actual rankings.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Submitting Mountain View St. Francis for Tier 6. 

Evidence:

Similar victory over Sherman Oaks Notre Dame as current Tier 6 Bishop Amat.

Similar MoV loss to Tier 2 De La Salle as Tier 3 Folsom (if the gap between tiers is true, MV-SF should be tier 4, as they only lost to DLS by 18).

St. Francis blowout victory over San Mateo Serra

They will be moving up at least one more spot in my NorCal rankings.  Probably two if Liberty beats Clayton Valley Charter.

Brentwood Liberty should also be considered if they don't get blown out by a similar score as did Pittsburg.  Fresno Central only has one good win, so they may need to wait until the state regional game for placement.  In these respects, SF has already demonstrated where they are, while Liberty and Central (while possibly being better.. at this point, I believe they have to be considered similar) have not.  As such, I don't view the tiers in the same way as actual rankings.

B720AC62-DFC3-4BAF-979E-87A73967F512.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, Bodysurf said:

I agree with you but he makes it very difficult. I was really hoping Folsom beat DLS and represent NorCal in the open state final. 

Folsom and DLS have a chance to play now to the possibility of a coin flip in the NCS.

Word is DLS peeps are trying to avoid that like no tomorrow!!!

• Like 1