2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What????????  Are you saying the DLS and Folsom may have a playoff?  Do you have a cite able source?

NCS MAY have a coin flip to decide SBG reps, according to multiple sources. This would result IF the fires caused continued cancellations.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11/14/camp-fire-ncs-approves-coin-flips-to-determine-state-teams/

Can you imagine the UPROAR if DLS has to play Folsom for the D1 regional bowl at this point in the season!??? 

15 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Poor Block. He was getting excited at the thought that Foolsom may have a chance to claim superiority...

Even if that chance came at the flip of a coin instead of on the field results.

Actually I was hoping a coin flip would allow DLS to play Folsom.

We don't ask and beg for rankings like you do in GA. Whatever we do, win or lose, is decided on the field.

3 minutes ago, mikejones said:

Folsom, DLS, MD, SJB....etc..............take your pick. They are all playing beyond Friday when Cen10s season ends.

Am I wrong?

He was referring to the fact that you used the word "us" when you have absolutely no affiliation with the Folsom football program other than living in Folsom. I highly doubt their staff has knowledge of this site but if they did they would be disgusted by the way you act. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

He was referring to the fact that you used the word "us" when you have absolutely no affiliation with the Folsom football program other than living in Folsom. I highly doubt their staff has knowledge of this site but if they did they would be disgusted by the way you act. 

Go back to trying to make friends with weird, middle aged men with no life on here, before you slander others.

You have zero clue who I am. Move along. You don't even live in Folsom, you little bandwagoner. 

•  

Tier 1 - Mater Dei, IMG,  SJB, Carol City, NorthShore (TX), STA, Miami Central,

Tier 2 -    Allen, DLS, Colquitt County, Cen10, SFA, Colerain, St. Louis (Hi), Jokes Christian

Tier 3 -    Arch Bishop Hoban,  John Curtis, Katy,   Warren Central (Ind),  Christian Brothers,     West Monroe, Folsom, ULAB (La), SJC, Gonzaga, DeMatha, St. Edwards, Bergen Catholic, SJR, JSerra

Tier 4 -  Massillon, St. Iggy,  SJP,  Muskegon (MI),  Grayson, Mission Viejo,  Rome, Trinity Christian, Columbia (FL),  Centennial AZ, Chandler AZ, Mentor

Tier 5 -    Hoover, Lowndes,  Bishop Gorman,  SPP, St. X, Pick Central,  Lakeland,  Good Council, Parkview. Archer, Aledo, Lincoln Way East, Loyola Academy

Tier 6 -      Bingham, Walton, North Gwinett,  DBP, Deerfield Beach, De Paul, Marietta, Pinnacle Az. Bishop amat, OLU, Blessed Trinity (Ga),  Milton. Cass Tech (MI), St. Francis (Ca), Liberty (Ca)

*teams will not be considered to be in a Tier until they score a point ( if they have played a game).

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

* The Tiers are fluid and subject to extreme fluctuations early in the year, leveling out as the year progresses.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from a TD to 3 scores depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team.

*It is possible for a team to lose by 10+ to a team on their same Tier, and still be 10+ points better than teams on the next lowest Tier.

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate

41 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

OC is not a tier 2 team.  No way you take a beating like they did and stay in tier 3.  

I Agree with this... I would put Oaks on the same Tier as JSerra  since they are pretty even, the game was so close between them I don't see how one could be on a higher TIER then the other....🙂

What I really don't Understand is how you still have Folsom Higher then The Bishop....

BG had a much tougher schedule, was 21 Better against DLS and has a Signature win over a 12-2 OREM UT who is the 4-A State Champ... They are "Hanging 50, 60, 70" on all their over-matched playoff opponents as expected...

Folsom was shut out by the only good team they played, and their other "Marquee" game was against Chaminade who has 7 losses... They are "Hanging 50, 60, 70" on all their over-matched playoff opponents as expected.

So I think BG should move up to Tier 3 on the same Tier with Folsom based on their better schedule, Common opponent results, and their Marquee win over Utah 4-A Champ Orem.... Or Folsom moves down to Tier 4 based on them being shut out by the only good team they played and having a Marquee win over a 7 loss Chaminade team....

• Like 1