2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

R u really saying that a team that twice struggled to beat chaminade would beat a team that removed their starters after hitting running clock margins in first half?

SMH @ SoCal Logic

just because you put all your good players on one team to beat a Norcal school Doesn’t make your other teams better — in fact, they’re worse 

What I am saying is that you are pulling asinine statements our of your @ss.  That can't be proven either way.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:34 PM, Cal 14 said:

If teams play in the regular season, they have the rest of the time to improve and adjust for a rematch.  Tons of things can happen during that time... QB changes, injuries happen, players recover, coaches get to know their personnel better, timing gets better... it's an infinite list of possibilities.

That rematch (or any playoff scenario) should be viewed as the culmination of those activities.  This is why you crown champions at the end of the season.

That said, I do strongly hold on to the notion that the better team isn't always the one who wins the game (it's whoever plays better on that given day... upsets do happen), but that holds true at any point of the season.

By god! Someone that is about the game of football and all of the things it involves.

Not trying to remove the intricacies of the game to satisfy some wants. 

49008565_giphy(1).gif.ee554eacd8a79a619f85ac3f269cf3fa.gif

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The USAT guy is the one trying to remove coaching and game plans etc. from the evaluation. 

A few on here try to do so as well. 

Cal 14 isn't NOR or a USAT guy. 

Definitely, they should fire whoever they have there now and hire Cal 14. 

👍

They couldn't afford me.  💰💰💰

😛

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pops said:

They’d lose to Folsom though

And I like CC 

just being real 

I have to disagree. I don't see the Foolsom defense getting 4 defensive TDs as they are not nearly as strong defensively as MD.

Cen10 would be the best team on Foolsom's schedule if the two were to play this year.

Despite the lose to MD, I believe Cen10 is still #3 in CA and would edge out both DLS and Foolsom if they played.

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My post game post was fine.  You were wallowing in your bitterness that night. 

I was talking about DLS-Folsom 

you think I was bitter Saturday night?

i don’t think that’s the right word

was proud of my team; thought the better team won; DLS blew some chances and had some shitty calls go against them but also barely missed some MD big plays and had a few calls go their way; the spitting in the face thing leaves a bad taste and forces some introspection on what’s happening at MD et al

thought it was a very good game and I’m certain we’ll see a few players from that game play Sundays — I watched it on FaceTime if a friend who had nbc Bay Area 

dont think bitter is best descriptor 

perklempt?

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

I was talking about DLS-Folsom 

you think I was bitter Saturday night?

i don’t think that’s the right word

was proud of my team; thought the better team won; DLS blew some chances and had some shitty calls go against them but also barely missed some MD big plays and had a few calls go their way; the spitting in the face thing leaves a bad taste and forces some introspection on what’s happening at MD et al

thought it was a very good game and I’m certain we’ll see a few players from that game play Sundays — I watched it on FaceTime if a friend who had nbc Bay Area 

dont think bitter is best descriptor 

perklempt?

Ok.  It is possible that I mocked the devil after that game.  I really can't remember tho.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ok.  It is possible that I mocked the devil after that game.  I really can't remember tho.

You started a thread with an OP titled something like “An Olive Branch to Folsom” after a game in which they clearly showed they’re on same tier as DLS or pretty damned close but we’re heartbroken to know they missed a golden opportunity for historic win and then you deliver a Rodney dangsrfield-esque  list of Folsom jokes 

was funny but I thought a bit unsporting 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

You started a thread with an OP titled something like “An Olive Branch to Folsom” after a game in which they clearly showed they’re on same tier as DLS or pretty damned close but we’re heartbroken to know they missed a golden opportunity for historic win and then you deliver a Rodney dangsrfield-esque  list of Folsom jokes 

was funny but I thought a bit unsporting 

My compliments to the devil were genuine.  But I still have to appeal to the base.  LOL.

I'll have to go look up that thread. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

don't get all Pumpkin on us. 

I’m comfortable I haven’t said anything fractionally as outrageous as there’s 5 DLS’s in NJ 

All I need to do is be more reasonable than the person I’m debating and it’s very very easy to do with you 

• Like 1

Prior to releasing this weeks Tiers, I am seeking input from the board on some recent developments and how they should affect the placements.

1. Colquitt County and Milton - Where to they get placed and how does the Milton win affect the rest of Ga and Bergen Catholic

2. Folsom regulation tie and 7 point over time win over Cathedral Catholic.  Where do we place CC and which are the relevant games we should grade Folsom on, which Tier do they fit in best.

3.  Duncanville leading Allen 14-7 early.  Does the winner move to Tier 1 and the loser to Tier 3 or stay in Tier 2

4.  Where is Lakeland the best fit? and should STA be dropped to Tier 3?

5. What about the Bishop and AZ schools Centennial and Chandler? 

6.  Are Jokes and JSerra in the same Tier as Folsom?

7.  How much weight do we put on St. Eds late season rally vs early struggles, and would that also apply to other teams

8.  Is ULAB really all that?  What Tier do they fit in with?

9.  Can Northshore hang with the Stache and SJB, and/or visa versa?

This is your chance to make your case.  As promised, we crowd source the placements, and the data is coming in hot.

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Prior to releasing this weeks Tiers, I am seeking input from the board on some recent developments and how they should affect the placements.

1. Colquitt County and Milton - Where to they get placed and how does the Milton win affect the rest of Ga and Bergen Catholic

2. Folsom regulation tie and 7 point over time win over Cathedral Catholic.  Where do we place CC and which are the relevant games we should grade Folsom on, which Tier do they fit in best.

3.  Duncanville leading Allen 14-7 early.  Does the winner move to Tier 1 and the loser to Tier 3 or stay in Tier 2

4.  Where is Lakeland the best fit? and should STA be dropped to Tier 3?

5. What about the Bishop and AZ schools Centennial and Chandler? 

6.  Are Jokes and JSerra in the same Tier as Folsom?

7.  How much weight do we put on St. Eds late season rally vs early struggles, and would that also apply to other teams

8.  Is ULAB really all that?  What Tier do they fit in with?

9.  Can Northshore hang with the Stache and SJB, and/or visa versa?

This is your chance to make your case.  As promised, we crowd source the placements, and the data is coming in hot.

Could you post last week tier below so I could look over the questions while seeing the previous tier

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Could you post last week tier below so I could look over the questions while seeing the previous tier

Tier 1 - Mater Dei, IMG,  SJB,  NorthShore (TX), 

Tier 2 -    Allen, DLS, Cen10,  St. Louis (Hi),  Miami Central, Carol City, St. Edwards, Duncanville Tx, Archbishop Hoban, Lakeland (Fla), (OH),  Centennial AZ, 

Tier 3 -   John Curtis, Katy, Warren Central (Ind),  Christian Brothers,   Folsom,  SJC, Gonzaga, Colquitt County, DeMatha, STA, St. Iggy (OH), Mentor (OH),  Bishop Gorman,  Milton Aledo, Chandler (Az), Colerain (Oh),  ULAB (La), Longview (Tx)

Tier 4 -   SJP,  Bergen Catholic,  Jserra, Jokes Christian, Deerfield Beach,  Massilon, (OH),  Milton, Archer, SJR,  Loyola Academy,  West Monroe, SFA, Christopher Columbus FLA, Mandarin Fla, Robert E Lee, Trinity Christian, Columbia FL, Hillgrove Ga

Tier 5 -    Hoover,  Good Council,   Lincoln Way East,  Cartersville, Blessed Trinity,  Mission Viejo, Warner Robbins Ga, AHP,  Cardinal Gibbons,   Lee County Ga,  Parkview, Grayson

Tier 6 -      Bingham, Walton,  DBP,  De Paul,  Pinnacle Az.  Cass Tech (MI),  Muskegon (MI), Rome,  Lowndes, Tift,   Pick Central, SPP