Duncanville, the current South Dallas Powerhouse that’s already a top 5 team in Texas, just got a LOT stronger

They took some of Bishop Dunne’s Top prospects...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/08/15/four-star-football-recruits-marquez-beason-zeriah-beason-transfer-bishop-dunne-duncanville

interesting to see if this affects any preseason Texas polls for both Dunne and Duncanville 

14 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/08/15/four-star-football-recruits-marquez-beason-zeriah-beason-transfer-bishop-dunne-duncanville

interesting to see if this affects any preseason Texas polls for both Dunne and Duncanville 

Wow, nice pick ups

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

This is huge for next season too as zeriah Beason is a JR. they will play offense a bunch at duncanville, gives their QB more options that were needed. 

6 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Dunne lost these two and their starting RB transferred back to desoto. 

in my book, this would move duncanville solidly into the top 3.  No gap between them and Allen/LT. We all saw this coming with duncanville with samples there. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wilddawgz said:

Interesting!  Won't help Samples, he is a good coach who doesnt/cant win big games.  

It will help, and quite a bit.

We could say that for any coach that hasn’t won a state title (they cant win big games)

Samples program is good enough to win one, this is only his 4th season and they’ve made huge gains.  He’s done great at skyline and Lincoln too; he turned around those doormat programs.   

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It will help, and quite a bit.

We could say that for any coach that hasn’t won a state title (they cant win big games)

Samples program is good enough to win one, this is only his 4th season and they’ve made huge gains.  He’s done they at skyline and Lincoln.   

I am friends with several former players that feel he gets out coached by lessor teams and can't win the big game. 30 plus years of losing to teams he was favored over or losing games that he was winning.  Last year he lost Trinity.  Every year it's the same thing

1 minute ago, Wilddawgz said:

I am friends with several former players that feel he gets out coached by lessor teams and can't win the big game. 30 plus years of losing to teams he was favored over or losing games that he was winning.  Last year he lost Trinity.  Every year it's the same thing

Not every year in those 30 years did he have a great team.  His biggest problem has been not having a feeder program or a strong support network like the suburban schools that win titles.  Name one inner city school that is winning titles in Texas, heck name one that consistently makes it to the semifinals? 

He’s done it at Lincoln and skyline.  There’s a lot that goes into winning besides talent, having a program the kids learn at an early age is beneficial.  

He has all the things I mentioned at duncanville, it’s only been 3 complete seasons. Let’s see what he does in year 4 with much better talent.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not every year in those 30 years did he have a great team.  His biggest problem has been not having a feeder program or a strong support network like the suburban schools that win titles.  Name one inner city school that is winning titles in Texas, heck name one that consistently makes it to the semifinals? 

He’s done it at Lincoln and skyline.  There’s a lot that goes into winning besides talent, having a program the kids learn at an early age is beneficial.  

He has all the things I mentioned at duncanville, it’s only been 3 complete seasons. Let’s see what he does in year 4 with much better talent.  

All of that is true.  He had one advantage at skyline, he could do something no other inner city school could do by recruiting from every other school in the Dallas ISD. 

He is a good coach, but he has a good number of head scratcher loses in playoff games. I am rooting for him, but think he maybe a builder of programs and less a sideline general.

45 minutes ago, Wilddawgz said:

A lot of those former players are idiots ( i know some personally) who conveniently forget that Skyline was trash before Samples got there... then they became a national power... cant blame Samples for coming to prominence when Allen hit their out of worldy stride.

Lincoln was NOT favored to beat Kilgore ... nor where they favored to go as far as they did their state year

Duncanville was NOT considered better than ET during the 2017 preseason... Samples just had them humming through the season and people (rightfully so) felt he should've beat ET. ET was a bad matchup for Duncanville... too similar in styles

Samples.... and his pupils, are probably the most successful Coaching Tree in Dallas

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wilddawgz said:

All of that is true.  He had one advantage at skyline, he could do something no other inner city school could do by recruiting from every other school in the Dallas ISD. 

He is a good coach, but he has a good number of head scratcher loses in playoff games. I am rooting for him, but think he maybe a builder of programs and less a sideline general.

That may be, but I don’t think he’s been at a program long enough to have that label.  He’s built them, had some success then left. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

A lot of those former players are idiots ( i know some personally) who conveniently forget that Skyline was trash before Samples got there... then they became a national power... cant blame Samples for coming to prominence when Allen hit their out of worldy stride.

Lincoln was NOT favored to beat Kilgore ... nor where they favored to go as far as they did their state year

Duncanville was NOT considered better than ET during the 2017 preseason... Samples just had them humming through the season and people (rightfully so) felt he should've beat ET. ET was a bad matchup for Duncanville... too similar in styles

Samples.... and his pupils, are probably the most successful Coaching Tree in Dallas

I think he opens it up a lot this year like he did at skyline.  I look to DV not being as one dimensional as in years past.  He has the pieces now in place. 

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I think he opens it up a lot this year like he did at skyline.  I look to DV not being as one dimensional as in years past.  He has the pieces now in place. 

Duncanville's QB is really an ATH......He might "chunk" it a little more.

but, he's going to take off most of the time...

56 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Duncanville's QB is really an ATH......He might "chunk" it a little more.

but, he's going to take off most of the time...

they are developing by him just like they did devonte Kincaid at skyline.  Actually they limited his runs more than one would think. He’s a dual threat so he’ll get his shares of touches. 

I saw him several times last year, he has a good arm. IMO he’s a better overall QB than Allen’s.  One of the best in the state. 

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Also can't blame Samples for that BS in the "Fox Bowl" (Never forget).

That should have been the year for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

The one guy has 47 offers and he chose The Fighting Illini?  Hmm.  How much did he get? lol

• Haha 1