Focusing Back On Colquitt and Trinity Catholic

Rufus69

OK gurus....

We've spent enough time on Marietta, Grayson and Mater Dei.  It's time to get back to the reason this board was formed.  

The Mighty Hairy Hawgs of Colquitt County.

Most polls have TC ranked No.3 in Missouri.  Some polls have the Titans ranked No.2.   Needless to say...my poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs have a HUGE task ahead of them Saturday night.  It's still early in the week...but I ran everything by the Bent-Nosed Boys in North Morven...and they say...Colquitt is gonna hafta score some points to stay close in this game.  They say...it's gonna take 42 points to win.  I'm just not sure if the Hawgs are capable of scoring 42 points.  That's a LOT of FGs.   I know the Blackhats are looking forward to the challenge of stopping the high powered TC offense...but looking forward to...and actually doing it...are two different things.   Hopefully...we'll only attempt it with 11 players.

I can say with total confidence...it's gonna be an absolute football atmosphere for Colquitt's opener in the Hawg Pen.  It's gonna be rowdy.  I'm sure Trinity Catholic has played in front of a crowd like ours before...so they won't be intimidated.  I figure the Titans won't bring in many fans...but I do have the feeling that the visitor's stands will have more than a few spectators from the surrounding area...LOL.  Lord...this should be fun.  At least I hope it is.  If you happen to like crazy South Georgia football...then this one is for you.  And if you don't...may your grits be undercooked.

I'll leave you gurus with this......

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 3

I think the Colquitt defense will be up to the task. I hope that we don't let that Missouri team score a point or get passed the fifty yard line even, but, both of those hopes are probably unrealistic. 

I think we will score quite a few on them after watching a little film that Prep posted. 

Add in the crowd factor. 

I feel pretty good about our chances going into the game. 

I bet the score is more than 14-0.

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Honestly- this is a garbage game. Doesn't deserve a thread. Trinity Catholic wouldn't even be top 50-75 in CA. 

Countdown to the same posters telling us great Trinity Catholic is, and how this is a national title name: @ECHS05 @HawgGoneIt @CCBlackhatter

The ranking services have Trinity Catholic on par with the 3rd best opponent on Folsom's schedule, Top 10 in NorCal, and Top 25 in CA.

They could prove to be better than that. Emphasis on COULD. It's clear that on paper, they are the most talented team in NorCal and more talented than almost every team in CA outside of SJB and MD.

So, what does that say for the football played in your neck of the woods?

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the Colquitt defense will be up to the task. I hope that we don't let that Missouri team score a point or get passed the fifty yard line even, but, both of those hopes are probably unrealistic. 

I think we will score quite a few on them after watching a little film that Prep posted. 

Add in the crowd factor. 

I'll put money on them finding the end zone more than Folsom did against what appears to be an elite Blackhat defense.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Add in the crowd factor. 

Gurus who know what they're talking about will tell ya....when you haven't played a team and really know nothing about them except what you see on film...it's extremely difficult to know what to expect. We don't want to get into a scoring match...cause these guys can put up a lot of points.  But I don't think they can drive the field on us.  They'll hafta score on LONG pass plays.  We're gonna hafta disrupt the Titan QB and maybe deflect his timing a tad.  It's not gonna be a walkover like a lot of the Hawg fans expect...but I do think we have the better team.  Once the fans get into the game...and get behind the Herd....I think we win.  And I'm here to tell ya....THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS.

Rufus>> 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Gurus who know what they're talking about will tell ya....when you haven't played a team and really know nothing about them except what you see on film...it's extremely difficult to know what to expect. We don't want to get into a scoring match...cause these guys can put up a lot of points.  But I don't think they can drive the field on us.  They'll hafta score on LONG pass plays.  We're gonna hafta disrupt the Titan QB and maybe deflect his timing a tad.  It's not gonna be a walkover like a lot of the Hawg fans expect...but I do think we have the better team.  Once the fans get into the game...and get behind the Herd....I think we win.  And I'm here to tell ya....THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS.

Rufus>> 

I agree. Their qb looks very mobile too. Our line backers are going to have to be in the right places and not get sucked away from where they are supposed to be. 

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'll put money on them finding the end zone more than Folsom did against what appears to be an elite Blackhat defense.

I don't think we're elite at the moment.  When we get back to FULL speed...with our Man-Ster...we'll be closer.

Rufus>>

• Like 1