If Money Were No Object

On2whls

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

...and your team was fortunate enough to make a top 16 national ranking, would you rather forgo your state playoff bracket and go for a true national championship, or stay home and play for a state title?

State title although question is interesting 

I think it would be easy to make money not an hurdle if there was broad commitment to it (ie TX, FL, CA would all be required imho)

but I don’t see that ever happening and I think there’s be new hurdles regarding length of season etc to try to tack onto end (could expose some kids to 20 games)

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

...and your team was fortunate enough to make a top 16 national ranking, would you rather forgo your state playoff bracket and go for a true national championship, or stay home and play for a state title?

If it was like 2008 bosco yeah because there was no competition even close but now it’s all desperse no super teams

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

State title. National is meaningless and mythical. Most HSFB fans could care less about anything outside their home states. 

Would not be mythical anymore if the top teams are playing each other. You only say this because Folsom could never compete in such a championship. Hell Folsom can't even make it to California State open championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, eddiev said:

Would not be mythical anymore if the top teams are playing each other. You only say this because Folsom could never compete in such a championship. Hell Folsom can't even make it to California State open championship.

If you want a national title, then we should create one for teams to participate in, like prep schools and academies. Make it separate from real high school football. 

As an avid DLS fan, I would prefer to see those schools play in their own system, and for their own title, and for us real HS teams to play for our state titles.

A side note- for a team that played Folsom this year, that team is great. No transfer train, just regular ole kids competing who could mop the floor with most of SoCal. That is a win for them. But, stop giving the devil free publicity!

12 hours ago, On2whls said:

Probably state.  There would always be that question of was there someone better in the state.  Saying you won the national forgets that 15 didn't win national and are subject to debate about where they stand in their home state.  It may sound strange to many here but I don't believe that many care much about national football.  I base that on talking to other team supporters not on any hard factual numbers.

1 hour ago, ServiteTier6Irrelevant said:

If you want a national title, then we should create one for teams to participate in, like prep schools and academies. Make it separate from real high school football. 

Your bias towards privates is showing.  IF it is a true national you have to include the public schools as many of them are very good.  Just because we stepped on it last week doesn't mean we aren't good.  If you think we are a patsy, schedule us and see what happens.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Your bias towards privates is showing.  IF it is a true national you have to include the public schools as many of them are very good.  Just because we stepped on it last week doesn't mean we aren't good.  If you think we are a patsy, schedule us and see what happens.

You can't play by different rules, and yell at the other schools saying "why can't you compete with us!?"

Total garbage.

As an avid DLS and Servite fan, they should do something about this.

1 minute ago, ServiteTier6Irrelevant said:

Kids at my DLS and Servite schools can live anywhere

The publics around us have boundaries but are kickin my Servite teams a** due to new transfer rules.

So are you saying that the publics can now draw from anywhere the same as Servite and now the publics are kicking your ass?  Hmmm, maybe you weren't as good as you thought you wer

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

So are you saying that the publics can now draw from anywhere the same as Servite and now the publics are kicking your ass?  Hmmm, maybe you weren't as good as you thought you wer

Yes, we are getting smoked by the publics now. Used to be different. We still have different rules but the transfer rules have helped the publics in SoCal

13 minutes ago, Fred said:

Probably state.  There would always be that question of was there someone better in the state.  Saying you won the national forgets that 15 didn't win national and are subject to debate about where they stand in their home state.  It may sound strange to many here but I don't believe that many care much about national football.  I base that on talking to other team supporters not on any hard factual numbers.

Many don’t care about national titles because there is no such real thing.If there was an actual national playoff many people would care and I’m guessing because you would probably have to win your state to qualify 

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Many don’t care about national titles because there is no such real thing.If there was an actual national playoff many people would care and I’m guessing because you would probably have to win your state to qualify 

Is Chaminade gonna rep SoCal and beat the devil on Friday or what? Gonna be out with bae and not be able to see game

40 minutes ago, Fred said:

We stepped IN it, Fred not on it, on it implies "pedal to the metal, give it some gas" type of thing.

No, I haven't forgot.

Regards,

BGW

36 minutes ago, Ararar said:

In GA we play 15 games to get to the state title.  I don't know how many other states play.  If there were a 16 team playoff, that potentially is another 4 games.  19 games isn't going to fly.  Lots to figure out to make a playoff based NC game possible.

• Thanks 1