Allen vs. East 52- 20

DevilDog

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm not claiming that SJB was ranked higher than DLS.

I'm claiming that SJB was better than DLS.

You can appeal to me for support.

And I'm sure that @dntn31 would support that claim too. We follow those teams like seagulls follow trawlers. So we'd know.

You understand, I'm sure.

2015 SJB minus the first quarter of the Cen10 game was the best SJB team in Negro era. There are some gaudy statistics for that 2015 team that I can probably track down. I think they had something like 5 punts in 13 games. They were up 42-0 on Mater Dei in the 4th and put a running on them. Every game but OLU and Cen10 was a running clock (11 out of 13 games). Etc.

They just had a perfect storm come at them in that Cen10 game. Davis got injured the week before and doubled his pick count for the season in the first quarter (threw 2). Logan went for it on 4th down mutiple times inside his own 30 and barely converted each one. Davis got knocked out on his 2nd pick and SJB still managed to put up 52 with a Re'al Mitchell coming in as a Sophomore backup in the first quarter as his first meaningful game experience.

I'm holding out hope that this 2018 team is as good as 2015...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm not claiming that SJB was ranked higher than DLS.

I'm claiming that SJB was better than DLS.

You can appeal to me for support.

And I'm sure that @dntn31 would support that claim too. We follow those teams like seagulls follow trawlers. So we'd know.

You understand, I'm sure.

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yes,but a rank denotes being better.  No credible outside source, besides yourself, supports your claim. 

At the end of the day we still have DLS>CC>SJB all within a matter of a week separation between play. 

I support him ... 🤠

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@Belly Bob @AztecPadre @Ararar

i have mad respect for DLS and I think they are an incredible program and if you are a H.S. Football fan they are one of the teams you should see if you are a fan.  I always wanted to see them vs. the Sneaky Blonde's when both were great.  Just the contrast the Veer precision vs the Spread, Cali vs. Texas, 

i actually think though Florida is a beast with incredible athletes and great teams as well.  I think in all aspects of the game Cali and Texas are the Best.  Just look at the guy taking the Snap on Sunday it is a good damn Chance he is a Texan or Californian. 

We are the 2 biggest States with Great Football traditions that no one can touch from HS, COLLEGE, TO THE NFL

ALLEN, DLS, SJB, LT, KATY, LBP, ETC.   HOOKEM, TROJANS,  Big Earl, The Juice, The Wishbone, Student Body Right

DA RADUHS, DEM COWBOYS, DA NINERS.    

USC vs. TEXAS should be a damn game every year.  Vince Young, Reggie Bush.  Best damn College game ever with a bunch of Home Grown Kids.  

Cali is my 2nd Home.  Much respect.  BUT DON'T GET IT TWISTED DON;T MESS WITH TEXAS. 

THOSE DEEP SOUTH PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW MANY NFL PLAYERS AND THEIR DEPTH.  TELL THEM TO CHECK OUT THE NFL HOF AND COUNT THE TEXANS AND CALIFORNIANS AND GET BACK WITH US. 😎

HOOKEM 

Image result for BEVO

Traveler:  is there anything cooler than that damn USC Fight Song 

Image result for usc horse

Well said my brother!!

21 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I believe it was Sammy, but then again it is Sammy.  So...

Wrong.  I never said the 2015 team would be DLS best team ever.   I saw the DLS 1998-2003 teams play.  All had more studs than the 2015 team.

I did predict that DLS would be taking a knee and also that the only thing stopping DLS from scoring 100 points was the clock.

14 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Okay, baby.

Then let's agree that DLS and Katy were the best two teams in American in 2015, since USAT, Jeff Fisher, and CP all had DLS ahead of Katy, and since PN and MP both had Katy ahead of DLS.

I don't want to fight you, baby. It's too much for me. 

Good God Almighty!  What in Gods name are you trying to prove.

This will help -  Understand  the damn Polls are freaking Bogus!

Do you think for one damn second that anyone in Texas actually believe DLS was the the 1st or 2nd best team in the country?

My eyes told me that night that their was slue of teams in Texas alone that could play with DLS 

For God Sake you people got to get over these freaking Bogus High School Football polls -  They are opinion based only.  

I for one could never honestly say that i thought that DLS team was the 2nd best team in country.

I have seen up close and in person the some bad ass OOS teams -  MNW, BTW, BG, STA - These teams from the years I am talking about would have destroyed that DLS and Trinity 

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

[...]

Do you think for one damn second that anyone in Texas actually believe DLS was the the 1st or 2nd best team in the country?

[...]

I, myself, couldn't care less whether anyone in Texas actually believes that DLS was the 1st or 2nd or nth team in the country. 

Did you think for one damn second that I wanted someone in Texas to do my thinking for me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Good God Almighty!  What in Gods name are you trying to prove.

[...]

I was trying to prove that DLS's losing to ET doesn't tell us much about the quality of DLS relative to TX's best teams or the quality of CA football relative to the quality of TX football.

I'm on record as saying that TX has the best HSFB in the country. But that has very little to do with DLS's losing to ET in 2015.

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I was trying to prove that DLS's losing to ET doesn't tell us much about the quality of DLS relative to TX's best teams or the quality of CA football relative to the quality of TX football.

I'm on record as saying that TX has the best HSFB in the country. But that has very little to do with DLS's losing to ET in 2015.

DLS would be good program in any state...Knowledgeable people know this.

Trinity would be good program in any state...Knowledgeable people know this.

The only difference in Texas vs any state is the depth of quality football played.  This doesn't mean that the very best team bar none is in Texas.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Let's quit @Horsefly.  The Cali bunch has turned into JawJaa or NJ.  Please eat a Snickers bar and turn back into Cali.  🤣 This has become one long thread over Allen beating the hell out of the 2nd best Fighting John Smith's from Utah.  

Stay Classy Cali or we might just have to make a road trip 😎🤣

Hold on DD that dude has is ass squarely planted in Indiana and he’s probably been drinking 

• Haha 2

This thread is starting to reach JAAWJAA Thread proportions.  Next I am gonna read something like this about Texas Football 

Allen is the Best AAAAAA team in Texas though L.T. is a damn good AAAAAA team as well and DD keeps bringing up some AAA Newton team that he thinks could play with the best AAAAA teams in Texas including AAAAAAledo 😎 Anonymous Ga . Poster 

Who knew when I posted Allen beating the hell out of the Magic Underwear crew it would make 11 pages? 🤘

This Thread headed to JAAWJAA. : 🤣

Image result for ever ready bunny gif

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Wrong.  I never said the 2015 team would be DLS best team ever.   I saw the DLS 1998-2003 teams play.  All had more studs than the 2015 team.

I did predict that DLS would be taking a knee and also that the only thing stopping DLS from scoring 100 points was the clock.

In your Defense most Texans thought DLS was gonna win too.   I remember a few not so confident.   I wasn't one of them  and called you out and I put my money up and you Lost.  Thanks for the Charity Contribution. 🤘

On behalf of this group thanks for contributing to the JDF.

Image result for 2015 trinity trojans

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Sammy Before the Game talking to us  Texans.  Bro you talked some serious Trash.  And at the end got your scalped split.  It was helluva funny.  I liked the Old Yosemite Sam. 😋

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2018 at 1:27 PM, Eddyr2 said:

Zion is no longer on the team, he plays for Villa Park now

Thanks for that information Eddyr2.  I'm hoping you guys lay it to IMG Academy in Cali's going out party against IMG. 

On 9/18/2018 at 3:15 PM, 954gator said:

Honestly it was 33-0 going into the 4th.   They had a nice little comeback on some great plays, but...the score is a bit misleading IMO.

Thanks for that information 954gator.  Do you think they were good enough to compete in a best of seven series?  Perhaps not win, but at least stay competitive?