Colquitt vs Upcoming Bye Week....

Rufus69

Well...Let's be clear....Rush is not a fan of the "bye" week.  But he knows...sometimes...they're a necessary evil.  Like this week.  The Hawgs have several players that are nicked and banged up.  We need a healing period.  The issue for the coaches is how to keep the players in football mode while they're resting.  How do you keep the sharp focus that you need to win the tough Region games?  When Camden invades Mack Tharpe on the 12th...not only will we need all our bullets...but we'll need them bullets ready to play hard-nosed South Georgia football.  Ain't gonna be no walkover and hugging it out.  

We know we'll be down a D-End.  And that happens to be the former LBer who was moved to D-End to replace the original D_End who was lost for the year in the pre-season.  Now don't get me wrong.  We'll have another player ready to go.  It's one of the benefits from Colquitt playing so many kids each week.  But like I said...I would prefer to have ALL our bullets.  Alas, it won't be in the cards...so next man up.  

I'm giving HawgGoneIt and CCBLACKHATTER one thing to do.  That's...ONE THING  Do what'cha gotta do to help Rush and the Staff get the guys ready for Camden.  We don't trust Bullet Bob.  He's like the Queen of Diamonds.  He'll beat ya if he's able.  So let me say....I'm counting on you fellers.  Don't make me hafta send some "gentlemen" from North Morven.  

The fun is over.  It's done got REAL......

Rufus>>

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I just hope we can do as well against Bye as Marietta did. I think they came away with no record change, so I'd hope the same for us. 

WHOAH....you're taking one heckuva risk...putting us in the same category as Marietta.  Them fellers across the river from me say Bullet Bob is scheming.  We need some counter-scheming......(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

WHOAH....you're taking one heckuva risk...putting us in the same category as Marietta.  Them fellers across the river from me say Bullet Bob is scheming.  We need some counter-scheming......(Smile).

Rufus>>

I definitely heard that Bullet Bob did an interview up at Grayson while we were there and that he had some evil plans to take us out. 

I haven't seen the interview, or at least that part of it. I'm thinking GPB may have edited it out. Idk.

25 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Running clock game. After this year, Camden will say No Mas! And petition to go back with the Savannah schools. 

Colquitt will go 15-0 with everyone else playing for the honor of getting their butts whooped by them in the Benz Dome 

And the Savannah schools would burn Thomaston to the ground before they let Camden back in... 

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

WELL, I HOPE you be spyin on the Swamp Wankers this week, like Bullet Bob did when we played Grayson!

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I definitely heard that Bullet Bob did an interview up at Grayson while we were there and that he had some evil plans to take us out. 

I haven't seen the interview, or at least that part of it. I'm thinking GPB may have edited it out. Idk.

ALL ya need to know is, that Bullet Bob was sleeping with the ENEMY at Grayson!

4 hours ago, Reb72 said:

You guys would always be welcome at our game, should be a good one between my Rebs and Ruston.  You could scout and report back to Rush on our worthiness as a potential opponent ;)

I've told you before...but I think a Colquitt/West Monroe game would be super attractive for both sides.  Both have rabid fanbases and I think it would truly be a competitive game.  You never know...but I will bring it up at the next tailgate.

Rufus>>

• Like 1