Massey Ratings - Nebraska in the power state on deck circle

golfaddict1

Here's a snapshot of Ken Massey's #3 rated team in Nebraska.  The #'s below in blue are not in-state numbers, they are national.   This site shows 2 teams rated in the top 25, 4 in the top 34 and 5 in the top 64.    This is similar to the site's Louisiana ratings (2 in top 25, 5 in top 100, overall the top 5 in NE are rated higher).   

Anyone hear of Burke NE?   They are rated #16 in the country...  higher than ULab in LA.   CalPreps rates Burke NE #892 currently (and 5th rated in-state).   

Anyone want to discuss state scale and its impact on national ratings?  :)     

image.png.2419078da6671c8ad809cf9638f56a9f.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Anyone hear of Burke NE?   They are rated #16 in the country...  higher than ULab in LA.   CalPreps rates Burke NE #892 currently (and 5th rated in-state).   

Don’t ever use Calpreps to rank teams. They are terrible at it. Burke is the #1 team in Nebraska. The four teams they have ahead of Burke are all smaller class schools and would get crushed by Burke. Not one of those teams would be in the top 10 in the largest class (maybe Skutt could squeeze in at #10). 

Also, Burke wouldn’t make the top 10 in any power state. ULab in LA would crush them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Don’t ever use Calpreps to rank teams. They are terrible at it. Burke is the #1 team in Nebraska. The four teams they have ahead of Burke are all smaller class schools and would get crushed by Burke. Not one of those for teams would be in the top 10 in the largest class (maybe Skutt could squeeze in at #10). 

Also, Burke wouldn’t make the top 10 in any power state. ULab in LA would crush them. 

I have a feeling ULab in LA would be more than a handful for most, of not all, HS football teams around the country.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Why no outrage from the state scaling brigade? Obviously Calpreps is a better model than Massey 

I'd say, because nobody... I mean nobody, is running around on here touting this, that and the other about Massey ratings. 

If there was some users on here saying their team was better than another due to the definitive source MASSEY, then I'd imagine we'd se it catching some blow back. 

Positive of that actually. 

Lucky for us, nobody has been doing that, so there has been no need for months and years of crunching numbers and recording the differences in the spreads etc.

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd say, because nobody... I mean nobody, is running around on here touting this, that and the other about Massey ratings. 

If there was some users on here saying their team was better than another due to the definitive source MASSEY, then I'd imagine we'd se it catching some blow back. 

Positive of that actually. 

Lucky for us, nobody has been doing that, so there has been no need for months and years of crunching numbers and recording the differences in the spreads etc.

Ha so one guy who claims Calpreps has proven his team has 100 MNC has caused all this consternation 😂 No I beg to differ,the state scaling brigade didn’t like how their state was scaled by Calpreps so they(he) went on a tirade.Now another algorithm has his state even worse and nothing 🤷🏽‍♂️ Not peep and I for one can’t for the life of me understand why I haven’t seen a thesis on Massey 🤔 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Ha so one guy who claims Calpreps has proven his team has 100 MNC has caused all this consternation 😂 No I beg to differ,the state scaling brigade didn’t like how their state was scaled by Calpreps so they(he) went on a tirade.Now another algorithm has his state even worse and nothing 🤷🏽‍♂️ Not peep and I for one can’t for the life of me understand why I haven’t seen a thesis on Massey 🤔 

I told you why. 

I think Massey actually has Colquitt rated pretty high too, so, maybe no need for a thesis at all as far as scaling goes on the part of Georgia.

Maybe Florida isn't getting good love there, so we see them carrying the torch? Idk. 

There are definitely some serious wtf's in there. Of course nobody is using Massey in every argument on this board. See the previous post. The answers you seek are there. Still. In case you failed to catch on in that post and this one til this point... 

Nobody is using Massey in every argument on this board. 

Actually, thankfully, nobody is using Cal Preps in every argument on this board anymore either. 

I think we are better for it. Just a matter of opinion though I'm sure. 

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Nobody is throwing Massey in my face as some "unbiased" proof positive that GA sucks or that DLS is the real national champion... Or that NJ is teh shizz and has 5 top 25 teams.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Nobody is throwing Massey in my face as some "unbiased" proof positive that GA sucks or that DLS is the real national champion... Or that NJ is teh shizz and has 5 top 25 teams.

Why would you care if they did? We all know what Calpreps is and we all know why people use it for an agenda 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:58 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Why bother? Find more constructive things to do when you're bored. 

You mean like being one of a few on the forum identifying state scaling in the first place and how it impacts ratings nationally... then seeing the CalPreps creator adjust states in favor of what a few outspoken forum members have been suggesting?    

Making algorithms better, one constructive post at a time.   The reality is that the better the product, the better the ratings will look.   Once Massey adjusts his skewed look at NE, the better his novelty site will be.