What up Texas?

DevilDog

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Now that is a very tall task.  I’m surprised they are playing as well as they are without Banks 

This game in itself is a tall task. I said on the Texas board that this is Mount Everest for LT. 

IF they climb it (win), I believe they will have completed the most difficult task they could have faced all year, and will go on to win state. 

LT has got to find stops against North Shore, no matter how hard that is. The offense will have to play a perfect game and score on every drive if they don't, and that is a lousy formula to win a game. 

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

This game in itself is a tall task. I said on the Texas board that this is Mount Everest for LT. 

IF they climb it (win), I believe they will have completed the most difficult task they could have faced all year, and will go on to win state. 

So DV will be a mild bump in the road to a title?  DV poses other challenges different from NS. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Agree 100%...  I thought he was done for the season.  Didn't even realize that was him out there against Judson.

I like LT offense and they might be able to move the ball some on North Shore.

But North Shore Offense and overall team will probably control the game and over-power Lake Travis when it's all said and done.

Yep, hopefully he can continue it. I know Card and the team remember last year's meeting, they will be ready. If that will be enough, who knows. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

So DV will be a mild bump in the road to a title?  DV poses other challenges different from NS. 

That is correct, but in the aggregate, I don't think DV will be quite as difficult to overcome. Suggesting NS is Everest is not a jab at DV. Furthermore, I heard DV lost some starters on defense during the SLC game? 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

That is correct, but in the aggregate, I don't think DV will be quite as difficult to overcome. Suggesting NS is Everest is not a jab at DV. Furthermore, I heard DV lost some starters on defense during the SLC game? 

They’ll be back in times for the finals.  Guys in the secondary.  JJ and his offense are fully healthy 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They’ll be back in times for the finals.  Guys in the secondary.  JJ and his offense are fully healthy 

I've seen that young man (JJ) a few times on tv now.   Never in person.

But like I told TXBALL..  I was fortunate enough to see Vince Young play at Houston Madison a few times "in person" and this kid is the best Dual-Threat QB that I've seen since Vince Young.

In fact.. I think (JJ) throws the football better than Vince Young ever did!!

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

I like that spirit.  But like I said DV poses different challenges.  Remember this is the same DV team that ran through NS like a hot knife through butter last year 

Yes I remember the game. Duncanville is physical across the board and play great defense. LT would have to quickly rest and move on from what would be an emotionally taxing win over NS.

It would be like boxing the heavy weight #1 and 2 in back to back weeks. It would be a nice test to see what LT is made of. 

I just wonder where I would rank this LT team among past LT squads if they managed to do the unthinkable and beat NS and DV. They'd have wins over Westlake, Judson, NS, DV and just one loss to Arlington Martin in the season opener. Hmmmmmm..... okay, I'll just stop right there 😁

2 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

But like I told TXBALL..  I was fortunate enough to see Vince Young play at Houston Madison a few times "in person" and this kid is the best Dual-Threat QB that I've seen since Vince Young.

Best dual-threats I have seen- 

Johnny Manziel, Chase Daniel, and Kyler Murray

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

I don’t know what kind of QB he’ll turn out to be in CFB, but man, he’s built like a safety.  That may be his future if he aspires to play in the NFL one day.    

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yes I remember the game. Duncanville is physical across the board and play great defense. LT would have to quickly rest and move on from what would be an emotionally taxing win over NS.

It would be like boxing the heavy weight #1 and 2 in back to back weeks. It would be a nice test to see what LT is made of. 

I just wonder where I would rank this LT team among past LT squads if they managed to do the unthinkable and beat NS and DV. They'd have wins over Westlake, Judson, NS, DV and just one loss to Arlington Martin in the season opener. Hmmmmmm..... okay, I'll just stop right there 😁

How do they compare to the 2017 team? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

This is just one of many reason your basically football idiot.

I was having conversation with @Horsefly the other day about points scored in Texas. I told him to comepare # of plays in big games from Texas to that of big games from the West Coast and East Coast.  I got text from him today saying the following 

STA vs DLS had total of 98 plays combined both teams earlier this year.

SLC had 85 offensive plays by themselves vs Duncanville 

let that sink in son, before striking back with more of your fake nonsense.

Yeah, Texas defenses can't get off the field.

And you think this helps your argument, how?

Just now, Horsefly said:

How do they compare to the 2017 team? 

Much better defensively and on paper overall, but I liked the passing ability of the 2017 offense (the playoff version, that is). I loved that 2017 team, they played with so much heart and toughness, and nearly completed a playoff gauntlet. One of my favorite LT teams ever. They would have fared better against NS last year than '18 LT. 

2016 LT would undress this 2019 team, no contest. 2015 was also better, but by smaller margin.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Duncanville defends 85 plays vs SLC and gives up 35 points 

MD defends 69 plays vs SJB and gives up 39. - A lot can happen in 16 extra plays

SJB defends 57 plays vs MD and gives up 34. - A lot can happen in 28 extra plays 

MD scored 49 points in 44 plays vs MV

MV scored 24 in 57 plays vs MD 

Duncanville scored 49 points in 45 plays vs SLC

Duncanville vs SLC had 130 total plays 

MD vs MV had 101 total plays

in typical game around the country extra 29 plays is at least 1 extra Qrt of playing time 

This why I get board when watching many OOS games.

Two things:

• Texas defenses are bad at getting off the field (because they're generally shit and are employing shit schemes/technique)
  • Texas offenses are mostly about tempo and so they lack efficiency

I remember when STA played Byrnes and the South Carolina fans were bragging about how prolific their offense was. I looked it up and STA and Byrnes both had about 5,600 yards of total offense the year before. But STA ran 120 less plays.

In other words, STA was much more efficient.

Same thing with Mater Dei and St. John Bosco. They're efficient offenses where the gimmicky Texas offenses are just high volume.

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

Pace of the game 

stop the act kid!

👇

Pace is not substance. It's mostly gimmickry.

10 hours ago, The Guru said:

Two things:

• Texas defenses are bad at getting off the field (because they're generally shit and are employing shit schemes/technique)
  • Texas offenses are mostly about tempo and so they lack efficiency

I remember when STA played Byrnes and the South Carolina fans were bragging about how prolific their offense was. I looked it up and STA and Byrnes both had about 5,600 yards of total offense the year before. But STA ran 120 less plays.

In other words, STA was much more efficient.

Same thing with Mater Dei and St. John Bosco. They're efficient offenses where the gimmicky Texas offenses are just high volume.

We'll see what the spread difference is going to be in the California CIF D1 Big time State Title game..

SJB vs DLS.    I mean since DLS is like the #10 best team in the nation according to many National Polls.

My guess is SJB has mercy clock on them right after halftime.

Let's also remember this..

Texas doesn't play with a MERCY CLOCK once a team gets a 35 point lead.  So scores can be 70-40.

California plays with a MERCY CLOCK so your games that end up like 45-21 could easily be 65-30 if there wasn't the beat down "MERCY CLOCK" going non-stop that basically makes 1/3 of the game go by in like 3 minutes.