What up Texas?

DevilDog

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I say 2018 Mater Del everyone one of the Texas teams 3.  I'm a Mater Del fan and I'm tired of the propaganda.  

Two of the best Texas teams ever IMO are 2018 Duncanville and 2018 Galena Park North Shore.

When when you got two teams that much better than the rest of Texas it means they got a good a really shot of beating anybody

8 hours ago, Powerball said:

Not so fast SLC has a 9th and 10th grade school.

And the a separate 11th and 12th grade school.. But is all considered Southlake Carroll High School.

The 1368 students is only counting 11th and  12th  graders.

Ok but combined they are still around 2800-ish correct?

That still makes them smaller than most 6A-D1's right?

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

What do you predict? 

Have to be honest here, Horsefly. I see it being more competitive than last year in the early stages of the game, but I think this could be much like Judson vs LT 2017 (game one).

LT hits back and answers North Shore early, but a mistake here and there will put LT behind and they will never catch up. LT should be able to move the ball, but not as well as NS will. I expect Card to play a great game and put up nice numbers, but it will not be enough.

Again, I see a game that parallels Judson vs LT '17, with a final score 65-45-ish. Maybe its worse than that. 

Some keys to the game:

LT MUST play well in the trenches. We get so caught in the wow factor of the NS skill players, but this is what got LT beat by 41 points last year - being dominated in the trenches. I know this could be said for every game - "must win the trenches" - but its especially important against NS due to their talent across the board. No chance at slowing down Evans and Davis if the DL can't do anything. 

Card has got to be on the money and play well, which he usually his. The good news is, he played great versus a very good Judson team. But there is no room for error in this game. Can't have overthrows, bad decisions, etc. 

Receivers need to play well and be a factor. Unfortunately, LT has not been loaded at this position since 2016. 

LT running game needs to also be a factor

Front seven better be ready to go to war and hit somebody

I think LT needs to establish the run early, but ultimately they need to come out and attack, and never let up. Defense is going to have to dig deep and play their best game of the year. 

Lastly, the mental factor:

I have no idea where the team will be mentally going into this game, but I'm tempted to believe they are going to want this badly. These kids are tough, and if they can translate that desire for revenge into focused execution on the field, they will have a shot. I expect LT to leave it all on the field for this one.

Just calling it how I see it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Have to be honest here, Horsefly. I see it being more competitive than last year in the early stages of the game, but I think this could be much like Judson vs LT 2017 (game one).

LT hits back and answers North Shore early, but a mistake here and there will put LT behind and they will never catch up. LT should be able to move the ball, but not as well as NS will. I expect Card to play a great game and put up nice numbers, but it will not be enough.

Again, I see a game that parallels Judson vs LT '17, with a final score 65-45-ish. Maybe its worse than that. 

Some keys to the game:

LT MUST play well in the trenches. We get so caught in the wow factor of the NS skill players, but this is what got LT beat by 41 points last year - being dominated in the trenches. I know this could be said for every game - "must win the trenches" - but its especially important against NS due to their talent across the board. No chance at slowing down Evans and Davis if the DL can't do anything. 

Card has got to be on the money and play well, which he usually his. The good news is, he played great versus a very good Judson team. But there is no room for error in this game. Can't have overthrows, bad decisions, etc. 

Receivers need to play well and be a factor. Unfortunately, LT has not been loaded at this position since 2016. 

I think LT needs to establish the run early, but ultimately they need to come out and attack, and never let up. Defense is going to have to dig deep and play their best game of the year. 

I have no idea where the team will be mentally going into this game, but I'm tempted to believe they are going to want this badly. These kids are tough, and if they can translate that desire for revenge into focused execution on the field, they will have a shot. I expect LT to leave it all on the field for this one.

Yea, I think LT will do better than last year 

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yea, I think LT will do better than last year 

I would be happy beyond belief if we win, but I don't expect it.  This is not a great LT team either, so they have exceeded my expectations. Beat Westlake and made it back to the semi's. 

If LT beats North Shore................ my goodness gracious 

These kids are about to get worked this weekend. These CenTex

18 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I would be happy beyond belief if we win, but I don't expect it.  This is not a great LT team either, so they have exceeded my expectations. Beat Westlake and made it back to the semi's. 

If LT beats North Shore................ my goodness gracious 

kids better known as the home of former sprinter John Wesley "Lam" Jones, .  They are big on their QB Ace Whitehead dude had 65 TD's coming into this game and 72 after this game.   The numbers for the junior quarterback are just silly. He’s already surpassed 4,000 yards of offense and found the end zone 72 times.

Like most Texas Kids he is  Track guy as well.  300M Hurdles.  He finished 5th at State and only a Soph.   His classmate Everts won it and is really good WR on the Football team and set the State record in the Hurdles.  Lampassas known for Track dudes.   a 3* WR recruited by Air Force and a few others. 

Mens 4A 300m Hurdles

They got dem bEast Texas Boys from Carthage next 🤣

10 hours ago, The Guru said:

The scores of the best win by each of the top 4 Texas teams.

49-35

56-35

46-34

60-57

This is just one of many reason your basically football idiot.

I was having conversation with @Horsefly the other day about points scored in Texas. I told him to comepare # of plays in big games from Texas to that of big games from the West Coast and East Coast.  I got text from him today saying the following 

STA vs DLS had total of 98 plays combined both teams earlier this year.

SLC had 85 offensive plays by themselves vs Duncanville 

let that sink in son, before striking back with more of your fake nonsense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Some keys to the game:

Here is how I see it...LT will need score 60 to have any chance to win.  I think NS will score nearly every time they have the ball!

not being disrespectful- this is my honest take on the game.

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Here is how I see it...LT will need score 60 to have any chance to win.  I think NS will score nearly every time they have the ball!

North Shore wins this game going away..  Probably by 30 points.  

But.. I like the young Lake Travis QB.  

Lake Travis just replaces stud QB's with another stud QB.

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

LT is going to have to do better than that to win. The LT defense will need to play above themselves and get at least a few stops.

21 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

LOL... that was Card playing against Judson.   That's what I get for watching two games at once and having the volume off on one of them.

Well..  Hudson Card looked really good.. Ha-ha-ha

I hope that he isn't playing hurt..

Card played well Saturday. Best QB NS has faced in the playoffs. He will need to be on point for LT to have a shot. 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Card played well Saturday. Best QB NS has faced in the playoffs. He will need to be on point for LT to have a shot. 

Agree 100%...  I thought he was done for the season.  Didn't even realize that was him out there against Judson.

I like LT offense and they might be able to move the ball some on North Shore.

But North Shore Offense and overall team will probably control the game and over-power Lake Travis when it's all said and done.

20 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This is just one of many reason your basically football idiot.

I was having conversation with @Horsefly the other day about points scored in Texas. I told him to comepare # of plays in big games from Texas to that of big games from the West Coast and East Coast.  I got text from him today saying the following 

STA vs DLS had total of 98 plays combined both teams earlier this year.

SLC had 85 offensive plays by themselves vs Duncanville 

let that sink in son, before striking back with more of your fake nonsense.

Duncanville defends 85 plays vs SLC and gives up 35 points 

MD defends 69 plays vs SJB and gives up 39. - A lot can happen in 16 extra plays

SJB defends 57 plays vs MD and gives up 34. - A lot can happen in 28 extra plays 

MD scored 49 points in 44 plays vs MV

MV scored 24 in 57 plays vs MD 

Duncanville scored 49 points in 45 plays vs SLC

Duncanville vs SLC had 130 total plays 

MD vs MV had 101 total plays

in typical game around the country extra 29 plays is at least 1 extra Qrt of playing time 

This why I get board when watching many OOS games.