What up Texas?

DevilDog

18 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Come on, just admit 76 points is a number that a top 2 team should EVER give up. I MEAN EVER!  And my post had more to do with all the shit Frog talks about everyone except Texas.

You’ve got this a little backwards. North Shore may be Number 3 in Texas and scored 76 points.  They gave up 49. As I just stated in one of the other threads; Atascocita is a team who is capable of scoring on anyone who doesn’t play a stout brand of defense. 

North Shore is not a team known for its defense. More often than not, they may just put more emphasis on out scoring you. 

Katy and Cy-Fair were the top defense oriented programs in that area and Katy got sandblasted by the NS QB. It was the same story with Atascocita. They couldn’t stop Davis. 

Even in the title game last year, Duncanville had issues stopping Davis when he scrambled.

2 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

You’ve got this a little backwards. North Shore is Number 2 in Texas and scored 76 points.  They gave up 49. As I just stated in one of the other threads. Atascocita is a team who is capable of scoring on anyone who doesn’t play a stout brand of defense. 

North Shore is not a team known for its defense. More often than not, they may just put more emphasis on out scoring you. 

Katy and Cy-Fair were the top defense oriented programs in that area and Katy got sandblasted by the NS QB. It was the same story with Atascocita. They couldn’t stop Davis. 

Even in the title game last year, Duncanville had issues stopping Davis when he scrambled.

My bad, I got the scores twisted,  but frog is still a douche. Carry on😀

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

2018 North Shore

2015 Katy

2013 Allen

2010 Aledo

2009 Euless Trinity 

2006 Southlake Carroll 

1999 Midland Lee

1996 Westlake 

1989 Odessa Permian 

1988 Dallas Carter

1985 Houston Yates

1983 Daingerfield

1978 Stratford

1975 Big Sandy

1973 Tyler 

1956 Abilene

These are several of the either “MNCs”, top 10 nationally ranked, or special groups that came from Texas over time. 

If anyone can add on, feel free to do so.

2008, 2011, and 2016 LT

2004 and 2005 Southlake Carroll

2013 Aledo

2012 Katy

1995 La Marque

• Thanks 1

6A
Final
Lake Travis48Converse-Judson-61842618.jpgConverse Judson35
5bd84368-72de-455b-99bd-cfe1ab8cdb8d-1-61634355.gifKaty Taylor58 cougarhead_1398130094-62215540.pngCypress Creek20
2nd Quarter
Spring Westfield28Jesuit-614141226.pngDallas Jesuit21
Final
Tascosa7 Denton-Guyer-61401022.jpgDenton Guyer48
southlake-carroll-clear-61414341.pngSouthlake Carroll35 Duncanville-61445246.pngDuncanville49
Galena-Park-North-Shore-61612112.pngNorth Shore76 Humble-Atascocita-6163750.jpgHumble Atascocita49
2nd Quarter
Rockwall28 Prosper-614142942.pngProsper21
5A Division I
Denton Ryan56 Colleyville Heritage 10
Final
20181011001324_82_mascot300-7111113.pngShadow Creek59Manor-HS-615191315.pngManor14
5A Division II
Upcoming
CC-Calallen-619202144.png
Corpus Christi Calallen0
Boerne-Champion-61920122.png
Boerne Champion0
Final
Manvel-HS-619191954.png Manvel10 Fort-Bend-Marshall-619185046.pngFort Bend Marshall40
4A Division I
Final
Liberty-Hill-619191235.jpgLiberty Hill34 Lampasas-619191030.jpgLampasas49

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

SLC QB a Soph.  Over 3,000 yes passing.  RB Fr.  Over 1200 and over 130 vs Dville.  WR a Jr.  972 yrs and great hands.   Thats gonna be a tough out next year.  

I don't believe he will be here next yr gunny. Unfortunately I believe he will be wearing red and white in socal next yr.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I don't believe he will be here next yr gunny. Unfortunately I believe he will be wearing red and white in socal next yr.

I listened to Southlake Carroll radio after the game. And they sure was high on the fact that he would be back next year. But that doesn't mean anything.

8 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Can't argue that.  People don't realize SLC is one of the smaller 6A-D1 schools in Texas though.

The stronger, more talented team won this one is all I can say in this one.

Not so fast SLC has a 9th and 10th grade school.

And the a separate 11th and 12th grade school.. But is all considered Southlake Carroll High School.

The 1368 students is only counting 11th and  12th  graders.

CLASS 6A Division I

Region I

Duncanville 49, Southlake Carroll 35

Region II

Rockwall 59, Prosper 42

State Semifinals

Duncanville (14-0) vs Rockwall (12-2), 2:30 p.m. Saturday at McKinney’s McKinney ISD Stadium

Region III

Galena Park North Shore 76, Humble Atascocita 49

Region IV

Lake Travis 48, Converse Judson 35

State Semifinals

Galena Park North Shore (13-1) vs Lake Travis (13-1), 4 p.m. Saturday at Round Rock’s Reeves Stadium

6A Division II

Region I

Denton Guyer 48, Amarillo Tascosa 7

Region II

Spring Westfield 38, Dallas Jesuit 28

State Semifinals

Denton Guyer (13-1) vs Spring Westfield (13-1), TBD

Region III

Katy Taylor 58, Cypress Creek 28

Region IV

Austin Westlake 42, San Antonio Brandeis 14

State Semifinals

Katy Taylor (9-5) vs Austin Westlake (13-1), 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Waco’s McLane Stadium

Duncanville-Southlake Carroll was Texas high school football at its finest, and the Dragons nearly made a Comeback happen

Could we Round 3 next year?

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2019/12/08/duncanville-southlake-carroll-was-texas-high-school-football-at-its-finest-and-the-dragons-nearly-made-a-comeback-happen/

MCKINNEY — More than an hour before the start of Saturday’s much-anticipated clash of nationally ranked teams, long lines of cars packed the roads leading into the stadium, fans tailgated in the rapidly filling parking lots and hordes of fans waited for the gates to open at a $69.9 million stadium.

It resembled a big-time college football game. In reality, it was a fourth-round high school playoff game.

A year after playing before a crowd of 42,363 in last year’s state championship game at the Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium, Duncanville continued its bid for an undefeated season by beating eight-time state champion Southlake Carroll 49-35 in front of a standing room-only crowd at 12,000-seat McKinney ISD Stadium.

This was Texas high school football at its finest, with a Duncanville team ranked No. 3 in the nation by USA Today going head to head with No. 13 Carroll.

The Class 6A Division I Region I final couldn’t be played at AT&T Stadium because Oklahoma and Baylor were playing the Big 12 Championship game there. So it was held at a facility that opened in 2018, one that will host the NCAA Division II national championship game in two weeks.

The game lived up to the hype, as Carroll mounted a furious rally after trailing 42-21 midway through the fourth quarter. This wasn’t the same Carroll team that Duncanville crushed 51-7 in last year’s regional final — the worst playoff loss in Carroll history.

“We talk about this all of the time, tough games ... and they responded today,” Duncanville coach Reginald Samples said. “In order to be a great team, you’ve got to answer the bell. You can’t fold. When you play a team like Southlake, they’re going to come back.”

Duncanville (14-0) played without Under Armour All-American safety Chris Thompson Jr., an Auburn pledge who was out with a knee injury. Defensive back Awtavius Griffin was injured in the third quarter and was on crutches after the game.

But a year after losing the state championship game to Galena Park North Shore on a Hail Mary touchdown pass on the final play, nothing was going to stop Duncanville from reaching its second straight state semifinal. In a game that was an instant classic, three-star running back Trysten Smith suffered a huge gash on his arm in the third quarter.

“It was painful. I’ve got to go get stitches," Smith said.

But the senior wasn’t going to leave a game that would have ended his high school career if Duncanville lost. The Central Arkansas pledge scored the game-clinching touchdown on a 48-yard run with 2:58 left after Carroll closed to within seven.

“I just followed my linemen. They’re always going to get me to the right hole,” said Smith, who ran for 174 yards and two touchdowns. “It feels amazing, but we already knew we were going to do this again.”

This year was the 25-year anniversary of the legendary Tyler John Tyler vs. Plano East regional semifinal. John Tyler led that game by 24 points with just over three minutes remaining, saw Plano East recover three onside kicks and score four touchdowns to take a three-point lead with 24 second remaining, only for John Tyler to win it 48-44 after returning a kickoff 97 yards for a touchdown with 11 seconds left.

Carroll (13-1) nearly made its own comeback for the ages.

Under Armour All-American senior quarterback Ja’Quinden Jackson, a Texas pledge, scored the last of his three rushing touchdowns with 5:43 remaining to give Duncanville a seemingly comfortable 42-21 lead. Carroll coach Riley Dodge -- who was the starting quarterback and MaxPreps.com National Player of the Year for the Dragons’ 2006 state title team -- had a message for his players.

“I said, ‘Crazier things have happened,’” Carroll coach Riley Dodge said. “We almost made it happen.”

Carroll sophomore quarterback Quinn Ewers showed why he already has offers from the likes of Ohio State, Alabama and Florida, throwing for 393 yards and three touchdowns against a Duncanville defense that was allowing 5.9 points per game. Ewers’ 33-yard touchdown pass to Wills Meyer made it 42-28 with 4:12 left, and after Carroll recovered an onside kick, Ewers threw a 44-yard touchdown pass to John Manero on a first-and-30 play to cut Duncanville’s lead to 42-35 with 3:53 still remaining.

Carroll couldn’t complete the comeback, turning the ball over on downs with 1:47 left. The Dragons haven’t won a state title since 2011, and Dodge said his team will have to replace all 11 starters on defense and eight starters on offense.

But Carroll fans should be excited about the future.

Ewers threw for 3,998 yards and 45 touchdowns in his first season as the varsity starter and appears to be the next star for a school that is famous for producing great quarterbacks -- players such as Dodge, Chase Wasson, Chase Daniel, Greg McElroy and Kenny Hill. Freshman running back Owen Allen finished the season with 1,262 yards and 23 touchdowns on the ground after rushing for 115 yards and two touchdowns against Duncanville.

Could we get Carroll vs. Duncanville Round 3 next year?

Parking lot is already packed and tailgating going on an hour before the Southlake Carroll vs. Duncanville regional final at McKinney ISD Stadium.
Embedded video

• Thanks 2

CLASS 5A

Division I

Region I

Denton Ryan 56, Colleyville Heritage 10

Region II

Frisco Lone Star 38, Lancaster 20

State Semifinals

Denton Ryan (14-0) vs Frisco Lone Star (14-0), 2 p.m. Saturday at Allen’s Eagle Stadium

Region III

Alvin Shadow Creek 59, Manor 14

Region IV

San Antonio Wagner 74, Corpus Christi Veterans Memorial 14

State Semifinals

Alvin Shadow Creek (14-0) vs San Antonio Wagner (13-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday at San Antonio’s Alamo Stadium

Division II

Region I

Lubbock Cooper 38, Wichita Falls Rider 17

Region II

Aledo 43, Ennis 36 OT

State Semifinals

Lubbock Cooper (13-1) vs Aledo (13-1), 3 p.m. Saturday at Abilene’s Anthony Field

Region III

Fort Bend Marshall 40, Manvel 10

Region IV

Boerne Champion 49, Corpus Christi Calallen 42

State Semifinals

Fort Bend Marshall (13-1) vs Boerne Champion (13-1), 3 p.m. Saturday at College Station's Kyle Field

CLASS 4A

Division I

Region I

Springtown 56, Dumas 39

Region II

Waco La Vega 44, Argyle 20

State Semifinals

Springtown (13-1) vs Waco La Vega (13-1), 7 p.m. Friday at Midlothian’s Midlothian ISD Stadium

Region III

Carthage 24, Midlothian 7

Region IV

Lampasas 49, Liberty Hill 34

State Semifinals

Carthage (14-0) vs Lampasas (13-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Porter’s Randall Reed Stadium

Division II

Region I

Midland Greenwood 36, Iowa Park 33

Region II

Texarkana Pleasant Grove 55, Gilmer 28

State Semifinals

Midland Greenwood (14-0) vs Texarkana Pleasant Grove (13-1), 6 p.m. Friday at Frisco’s Ford Center

Region III

Silsbee 35, West Orange-Stark 28

Region IV

Wimberley 42, Geronimo Navarro 12

State Semifinals

Silsbee (9-4) vs Wimberley (11-3), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Katy’s Legacy Stadium

CLASS 3A Division I

Region I

Brock 31, Pilot Point 21

Region II

Pottsboro 35, Gladewater 34 2OT

State Semifinals

Brock (12-2) vs Pottsboro (14-0), 7 p.m. Thursday at Frisco’s Ford Center

Region III

Grandview 34, Troy 13

Region IV

Columbus 48, Hallettsville 25

State Semifinals

Grandview (13-1) vs Columbus (12-2), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Round Rock’s Reeves Stadium

Division II

Region I

Canadian 35, Abernathy 31

Region II

Gunter 27, Holliday 9

State Semifinals

Canadian (14-0) vs Gunter (13-1), 7 p.m. Friday at Vernon’s Lion Stadium

Region III

Omaha Pewitt 45, Daingerfield 42

Region IV

East Bernard 30, Ganado 10

State Semifinals

Omaha Pewitt (13-1) vs East Bernard (14-0), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Waco’s Waco ISD Stadium

CLASS 2A

Division I

Region I

Post 52, Hawley 42

Region II

Valley View 14, San Saba 12

State Semifinals

Post (14-0) vs Valley View (12-2), 7 p.m. Thursday at Brownwood’s Gordon Wood Stadium

Region III

San Augustine 48, Groveton 28

Region IV

Refugio 49, Holland 12

State Semifinals

San Augustine (13-0) vs Refugio (14-0), 7 p.m. Thursday at Cypress’ Cy-Fair FCU Stadium

Division II

Region I

Stratford 42, Wink 13

Region II

Hamlin 43, Wellington 22

State Semifinals

Stratford (13-1) vs Hamlin (11-2), 7 p.m. Thursday at Plainview’s Sherwood Memorial Stadium

Region III

Mart 53, Muenster 7 

Region IV

Falls City 35, Bremond 28

State Semifinals

Mart (11-3) vs Falls City (13-1), 7 p.m. Friday at Pflugerville’s The Pfield