Colquitt vs Holy Trinity Episcopal,FL

Nolebull813

35 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Since I'm not a pollster, I wasn't referring to myself.

I was referring to all pollsters and rankings in general.

No reason to rank a team that's only making financial considerations. They're clearly in it for the money and not the competitive aspect.

A public school thinking about money.....  totally unreasonable....

20 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

A public school thinking about money.....  totally unreasonable....

Something else I never said. In fact, I said the exact opposite.

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

Because money is their only consideration.

We get that it's a consideration but if you say that it makes no sense to travel at all then I see no reason to rank them at all.

Please try to understand something, kid.

2 hours ago, LOSer said:

Since I'm not a pollster, I wasn't referring to myself.

I was referring to all pollsters and rankings in general.

No reason to rank a team that's only making financial considerations. They're clearly in it for the money and not the competitive aspect.

You don't run a program like we do here without funding. That funding comes by way of home games. The openings on the schedule are to replace HOME games. It only makes sense that we would seek out opponents willing to travel. The administrators at the school aren't basing their decisions on polls or message board banter, but dollar bills. I apologize if this does not suit your liking.

Colquitt just played one of the tougher schedules in the nation in 2016 (without looking, it was probably stronger than that of the roster Raiders). So you saying we do not play competitive opponents really means nothing.

I'm sure we will be ranked accordingly when it is all said and done, and most certainly take a hit in the coveted Calpreps rankings. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You don't run a program like we do here without funding. That funding comes by way of home games. The openings on the schedule are to replace HOME games. It only makes sense that we would seek out opponents willing to travel. The administrators at the school aren't basing their decisions on polls or message board banter, but dollar bills. I apologize if this does not suit your liking.

Colquitt just played one of the tougher schedules in the nation in 2016 (without looking, it was probably stronger than that of the roster Raiders). So you saying we do not play competitive opponents really means nothing.

I'm sure we will be ranked accordingly when it is all said and done, and most certainly take a hit in the coveted Calpreps rankings. 

Take it easy on him my dude...lol. 

Serious question: I'm curious to know why Rush's asking price to travel out of state is so much? 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Serious question: I'm curious to know why Rush's asking price to travel out of state is so much? 

Colquitt needs money because theyre not just moving 40-50 guys theyre moving all their players and needing hotel rooms.... 

Its like traveling for a vacation. You're not gonna go from Atlanta to Miami without money or gas are you? And if you have family you're not gonna leave 1 kid home and bring the other. 

16 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Its simple math.

He is not interested in trading a home game worth upwards of $75,000 to travel across the country for $10-15,000.

We will be making at least three trips to Atlanta in 2017, not including any playoff games where we may have to travel. That will cost quite a bit of change.

I have no doubts that Rush would travel anywhere in the country so long as we broke even after travel expenses. Without sponsorship, these schools cannot cover that cost. Many of the schools you see wandering the countryside are private schools. If it is more than a bus ride and a hotel stay, then Colquitt is not interested in spending money so their fans can banter on a football forum. I really don't know how to explain it any clearer.

Every bit of the money generated by the program (to include all donations) is spent. We aren't throwing extra money from not traveling into a savings account. I suppose we could cut our coaches pay (which means bring in lesser qaulity coaches), buy shitty equipment, and scrap our nutritional program in order to travel.

Bottom line is we need more Mobley's, Tyndall's, Langdale's, etc to help foot the hefty travel bills.

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Colquitt needs money because theyre not just moving 40-50 guys theyre moving all their players and needing hotel rooms.... 

Its like traveling for a vacation. You're not gonna go from Atlanta to Miami without money or gas are you? And if you have family you're not gonna leave 1 kid home and bring the other. 

Good Point. 

So i'm assuming that's why Grayson turned down the game invite against Chandler, right? Geico only offered to fund a certain amount for the trip while Grayson exceeded that amount....

Now allow me to play devil's advocate right here. Seeing that Colquitt went 8-5 last, is it fair to say that they have any leverage when negotiating with a highly ranked out of state team to travel to their "house" ?

20 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Anyone hear of this? Colquitt might be playing a 3A team from Florida who had 18 starters last year in grades 7-10

that's right. 7th and 8th graders playing varsity. They have a stud running back who will be a freshman. But that's it. 

Whats the obsession with Georgia powerhouses playing the worst Florida teams they can find? You can't find any teams in your own state that will play? You gotta find no name small schools with laughable rosters to get an auto W?

ARE YOU ON CRACK again? But I guess you're right, STA, Plant, American Heritage, Cocoa, Lincoln, Bolles, Trinity Christian, Booker T, Norland, and Miami Central ARE pretty BAD!xDxDxD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I learned a long time ago....something can only embarrass you if you let it.  I haven't been embarrassed in...well...forever.  When you start giving a shit what other people think (besides maybe Ms. Violet, Lady Raine and Little Alphonze)...you've lost the game.  

I may not win a lot...but I durn sure break even.

Rufus>>

You sound like the mindset that PRESIDENT Trump took, after getting publically humiliated at the 2012 press ball by Barry!xD

43 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So i'm assuming that's why Grayson turned down the game invite against Chandler, right? Geico only offered to fund a certain amount for the trip while Grayson exceeded that amount....

Assuming you mean in regards to the Geico Bowl, Paragon offered these three offers to teams: 

• Option A: $12,500
  • Option B: $25,000 in apparel
  • Option C: Pro-Rated combo of the two (example: $6,750 + $12,500 apparel) 

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You don't run a program like we do here without funding. That funding comes by way of home games.

This is asinine and tone deaf.

Does every other program in the country not require funding to operate?

The administrators at the school aren't basing their decisions on polls or message board banter, but dollar bills. I apologize if this does not suit your liking.

You're just repeating yourself now. We got it. The school's only consideration is money.

In a competitive athletic environment they only care about money.

So if the school doesn't care that we know that then they shouldn't care whether the national polls and perception punishes them for it.

My liking is irrelevant. I'm just telling you what the reasonable response should be.

17 minutes ago, sportsnut25 said:

Assuming you mean in regards to the Geico Bowl, Paragon offered these three offers to teams: 

• Option A: $12,500
  • Option B: $25,000 in apparel
  • Option C: Pro-Rated combo of the two (example: $6,750 + $12,500 apparel) 

Yes, I was referring to the GEICO Bowl.Looks like Grayson was trying to bring all of Grayson High School. 

In a way, I kinda wish Colquiitt woulda won state this year. Imagine Rush & Company going out to Dallas and beating Chandler....... Boyyyy I tell ya! You wouldn't be able to tell Rush nothin! 

Many of the schools you see wandering the countryside are private schools.

You seem to be under the assumption that private schools have difference finances than public schools.

I bet Colquitt County gets bigger gates than STA.

In fact I bet there are more public schools that bring in 6 figure gates than private schools.

Every bit of the money generated by the program (to include all donations) is spent. We aren't throwing extra money from not traveling into a savings account. I suppose we could cut our coaches pay (which means bring in lesser qaulity coaches), buy shitty equipment, and scrap our nutritional program in order to travel.

You are DELUSIONAL.

You somehow think that Colquitt is the only program that operates in this fashion.

You are off the reservation.

And clueless.

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

This is asinine and tone deaf.

Does every other program in the country not require funding to operate?

And only a very small percentage actually go OOS. And a MUCH smaller percentage of those teams are public schools. And an almost non-existant amount of public schools go to non-bordering states for OOS games. A small handful each year. 

And most public schools that do travel OOS to a non-bordering state, are almost always going to play a Private school. 

You might find 15 OOS games in the entire country, involving 1 public school traveling to a non-bordering state for an OoS game against another public school.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And only a very small percentage actually go OOS. And a MUCH smaller percentage of those teams are public schools. And an almost non-existant amount of public schools go to non-bordering states for OOS games. A small handful each year. 

I'd be more than willing to agree that Colquitt County is not special in any way and shouldn't be thought of as a national program.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

I'd be more than willing to agree that Colquitt County is not special in any way and shouldn't be thought of as a national program.

Read.

You might find 15 (probably less) OOS games in the entire country, involving 1 public school traveling to a non-bordering state for an OoS game against another public school.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

From 2011-2015(maybe even the EoY 2010 poll) Colquitt was in the HSFB100. 

This year was the only year they werent found in any poll. And this was the 1st year since 2010 that Colquitt hasnt atleast been to the GA large class semifinals. 

In '14 & '15 Colquitt was far superior to STA on the football without over 75% of their star players being transfers... like STA.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You might find 15 (probably less) OOS games in the entire country, involving 1 public school traveling to a non-bordering state for an OoS game against another public school.

And I'm willing to agree wholeheartedly that Colquitt isn't special and isn't a part of that group and doesn't even desire to be a part of it.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

From 2011-2015(maybe even the EoY 2010 poll) Colquitt was in the HSFB100. 

This year was the only year they werent found in any poll. And this was the 1st year since 2010 that Colquitt hasnt atleast been to the GA large class semifinals. 

This is called a filibuster.

You can't stay on topic and follow the logic to it's logical conclusion.