Colquitt vs Holy Trinity Episcopal,FL

Nolebull813

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

In '14 & '15 Colquitt was far superior to STA on the football without over 75% of their star players being transfers... like STA.

And you have to predictably change the subject.

And be silly in the process.

I would have loved to see the 2014 team (at the very least) be exposed in a bowl game like their Georgia brethren was this year.

You think far too highly of your teams, ECHS05. That's for certain.

Well, the entire problem here is YOU wouldnt consider them a national program.

I cant think of anyone that cares what you think. Nor does it even matter.

Tell us STAs qualifications since 2011 to be labeled as such. Besides beating Bingham & winning Floridas weakest playoff bracket, outside of 1A and 2A, multiple times.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Well, the entire problem here is YOU wouldnt consider them a national program.

I'm simply using a simple standard to judge them.

You say only a small amount of public schools travel OOS. Colquitt isn't one of them. So they're not in that group of special, or elite, public schools.

We seem to be agreeing on this.

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I cant think of anyone that cares what you think. Nor does it even matter.

But you can't stop commenting on what you claim not to care about.

And you seem to be having a devil of a time refuting anything I say which explains why you change the subject and filibuster so much.

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Tell us STAs qualifications since 2011 to be labeled as such. Besides beating Bingham & winning Floridas weakest playoff bracket, outside of 1A and 2A, multiple times.

And change the subject so frequently.

STA doesn't require defending. They're in that elite group and everybody acknowledges it.

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If the new bill passes that wont be happening.... 

The way the new system is suppose to work wont allow you to schedule certain teams OOS or In state if they didnt meet a certain standard the previous season and the size of the FB team.

For example 14-1 Grayson with over 200 players wouldnt be allowed to play a 3-7 FL team with under 80 players... 

You keep saying that but it isn't in the bills currently in the legislature.

43 minutes ago, Fred said:

You keep saying that but it isn't in the bills currently in the legislature.

Heres something Im sure I got right....

Gary Phillips is fighting for his job like a mad man after the board of trustees voted 5-3 to kick him out...

http://highschoolsports.blog.ajc.com/2017/02/27/ghsa-board-votes-5-3-to-recommend-ousting-executive-director-phillips/

10 hours ago, LOSer said:

But you can't stop commenting on what you claim not to care about.

And you seem to be having a devil of a time refuting anything I say which explains why you change the subject and filibuster so much.

You arent saying anything outside of some wild random opinion that means little. Everyone is entitled to such. 

What have you said? Youve inferred that a public school has to travel to non-bordering OOS games to be considered special or elite. Ok? Thats a random, dumb statement that was motivated by a simple need to argue. As it makes little to no sense. 

That STA doesnt require defending. Which you have done A LOT of. So you obviously lied there.

Notice how easy it is to throw STA under the bus about something. Pretty much any corner they can cut, they will. 

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

What have you said? 

A functional illiterate (somebody apparently more aware than you) could understand what I said.

If a program is going to say that it makes no sense for them to travel (and they instead host teams like Enterprise, International School of Broward and Holy Trinity) then turnabout is fair play and it should be expected. They should be treated as a non-serious national program.

This is competitive athletics. Some competitive desire should be expected.

Youve inferred that a public school has to travel to non-bordering OOS games to be considered special or elite. Ok? Thats a random, dumb statement that was motivated by a simple need to argue. As it makes little to no sense. 

First, I've said that punctuation is important.

When did I say anything about non-bordering states? You just pulled that straight out of your ass.

It is random and dumb because you just made it up.

That STA doesnt require defending. Which you have done A LOT of. So you obviously lied there.

I give information and context because I actually know things. You don't know shit about anything so you are constantly embarrassed on here.

36 minutes ago, LOSer said:

A functional illiterate (somebody apparently more aware than you) could understand what I said.

If a program is going to say that it makes no sense for them to travel (and they instead host teams like Enterprise, International School of Broward and Holy Trinity) then turnabout is fair play and it should be expected. They should be treated as a non-serious national program.

This is competitive athletics. Some competitive desire should be expected.

Theyve also hosted teams like National Champion South Panola MS, State Champ Hoover AL, State Champ AH-Plantation FL, Plant FL, State Runner-Up Madison Co. Fl...

So what is your point...?

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Theyve also hosted teams like National Champion South Panola MS, State Champ Hoover AL, State Champ AH-Plantation FL, Plant FL, State Runner-Up Madison Co. Fl...

So what is your point...?

I said Colquitt would lose 3 or 4 games last year..,,.they lost 5

Colquitt will lose 2 or 3 this year. Rush is a talent coach without it he struggles.

Colquitt appears to schedule OOS as their talent goes.

27 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I said Colquitt would lose 3 or 4 games last year..,,.they lost 5

Colquitt will lose 2 or 3 this year. Rush is a talent coach without it he struggles.

Colquitt appears to schedule OOS as their talent goes.

Every coach out there is a better coach when they have talent.

Even the greats.

It's hard to compete with a loaded team despite who is coaching. It's the reason why every college and NFL team trys to get the best players possible. It's the reason why almost every high school team at the highest level stacks their rosters.

If Colquitt scheduled based on talent, then why the hell do they play teams like AHP, MNC South Panola, Hoover, back to back state runner-up Roswell (very talented), et al with some of least talented teams Rush has had here?

• Like 2

On 2/26/2017 at 10:59 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Anyone hear of this? Colquitt might be playing a 3A team from Florida who had 18 starters last year in grades 7-10

that's right. 7th and 8th graders playing varsity. They have a stud running back who will be a freshman. But that's it. 

Whats the obsession with Georgia powerhouses playing the worst Florida teams they can find? You can't find any teams in your own state that will play? You gotta find no name small schools with laughable rosters to get an auto W?

This game will be a part of the annual Make A Wish for the Underpriviledged Florida Schools Game.

We play this game every season to help provide funds, equipment, etc to teams in need. It is a very generous act that we should be applauded for.

• Like 4

I honestly don't think Rush even considers whether his team is talented...when he schedules anybody.  He tries to get teams that will fill the stadium...bring in some interest...and then he coaches like TIFT to try to win the games.  Sometimes...we're simply overmatched (South Panola in 2010...Grayson and Roswell in 2016) but that doesn't deter Rush.  He does it to help us get better.  And anyone who has watched our program over the last 8 years has seen the results.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

One thing I've seen over the last few years is that you don't actually hafta travel and play OOS games to win a MNC.  So no, I don't think Colquitt is all that worried about it.

Rufus>>

You talkin about how Katy (TX) won the national championship in 2015? I seen Rush complain about how they shouldn't be national champs without playing playing an out of state game

36 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

This game will be a part of the annual Make A Wish for the Underpriviledged Florida Schools Game.

We play this game every season to help provide funds, equipment, etc to teams in need. It is a very generous act that we should be applauded for.

I can co-sign this. This is true. Spoke to 2 coaches who can confirm. 

Lowndes helped Bayside get new equipment. They even dedicated the weight room to Randy McPherson. Lol

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I can co-sign this. This is true. Spoke to 2 coaches who can confirm. 

Lowndes helped Bayside get new equipment. They even dedicated the weight room to Randy McPherson. Lol

Are you serious thats why these games happen? So ISB,Bayside and Holy Trinity are doing this to get new stuff?

40 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Are you serious thats why these games happen? So ISB,Bayside and Holy Trinity are doing this to get new stuff?

Holy Trinity isn't doing it to get new stuff. They just became officially sponsored by adidas. Think they are doing to showcase their 2 star running backs/athletes. One will be a senior and the other a freshman. And better competition will help them against chaminade-madonna and oxbridge in the playoffs.

• Like 2