It's Official;There's Two CC Packers Starting in The NFL

HawgGoneIt

This may not mean a lot to some teams/schools around the country that have transfers all the time like IMG, STA or some others that we see discussed on here, but, it's a big deal for little old Moultrie, Georgia and Colquitt County High School.

Rush Propst era Colquitt County Packers officially has two players starting in the NFL now. 

One Offensive Lineman starting for the Kansas City Chiefs. Cam Erving. 

Biography

• Fourth-year offensive lineman enters his second season with the Chiefs in 2018. 
  • Spent two seasons with the Browns playing 29 games (17 starts).
  • In 2015 started at LG against the Pittsburgh Steelers earning his first career NFL start.
  • Traded to Kansas City from Cleveland (8/30/17) ... Originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (19th overall) by the Cleveland Browns in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Cam Erving

https://www.chiefs.com/team/players-roster/

https://www.chiefs.com/team/players-roster/cameron-erving/

And one Defensive Lineman starting for the Miami Dolphins with one game under his belt. Jamiyus Pittman. Walked on at Miami this season, and made the starting roster the hard way. Played with the scout team etc., and got moved to the starting roster last weekend for the game against the Bears. 

COLLEGE (CENTRAL FLORIDA):
• 4-year letterman (2014-17) and 3-year starter.

CAREER: Played in 49 games with 33 starts; 138 tackles (67 solo), 13 sacks, 4 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble; 1 blocked kick; 1 reception for 4 yards and 1 TD.

SENIOR (2017): Started 12 games; 47 tackles (24 solo) and 4.5 sacks; 1 reception for 4 yards and 1 TD.
• 1st-team All-AAC.

JUNIOR (2016): Played in 12 games with 8 starts; 28 tackles (14 solo), 2 sacks and 1 pass defensed.
• 2nd-team All-AAC.

SOPHOMORE (2015): Played in all 12 games with 11 starts; 45 tackles (19 solo), 4.5 sacks and 2 passes defensed.

TRUE FRESHMAN (2014): Played in all 13 games with 2 starts; 18 tackles (10 solo), 2 sacks, 1 pass defensed and 1 forced fumble.

Pittman-Jamiyus-1.pdf

yekiluxqm0xtxsljuadz

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/jamiyus-pittman/

Very exciting for small town folks like me to get to watch young men that I basically saw grow up, play in the NFL.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This may not mean a lot to some teams/schools around the country that have transfers all the time like IMG, STA or some others that we see discussed on here, but, it's a big deal for little old Moultrie, Georgia and Colquitt County High School.

Rush Propst era Colquitt County Packers officially has two players starting in the NFL now. 

One Offensive Lineman starting for the Kansas City Chiefs. Cam Erving. 

Biography

• Fourth-year offensive lineman enters his second season with the Chiefs in 2018. 
  • Spent two seasons with the Browns playing 29 games (17 starts).
  • In 2015 started at LG against the Pittsburgh Steelers earning his first career NFL start.
  • Traded to Kansas City from Cleveland (8/30/17) ... Originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (19th overall) by the Cleveland Browns in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Cam Erving

https://www.chiefs.com/team/players-roster/

https://www.chiefs.com/team/players-roster/cameron-erving/

And one Defensive Lineman starting for the Miami Dolphins with one game under his belt. Jamiyus Pittman. Walked on at Miami this season, and made the starting roster the hard way. Played with the scout team etc., and got moved to the starting roster last weekend for the game against the Bears. 

COLLEGE (CENTRAL FLORIDA):
• 4-year letterman (2014-17) and 3-year starter.

CAREER: Played in 49 games with 33 starts; 138 tackles (67 solo), 13 sacks, 4 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble; 1 blocked kick; 1 reception for 4 yards and 1 TD.

SENIOR (2017): Started 12 games; 47 tackles (24 solo) and 4.5 sacks; 1 reception for 4 yards and 1 TD.
• 1st-team All-AAC.

JUNIOR (2016): Played in 12 games with 8 starts; 28 tackles (14 solo), 2 sacks and 1 pass defensed.
• 2nd-team All-AAC.

SOPHOMORE (2015): Played in all 12 games with 11 starts; 45 tackles (19 solo), 4.5 sacks and 2 passes defensed.

TRUE FRESHMAN (2014): Played in all 13 games with 2 starts; 18 tackles (10 solo), 2 sacks, 1 pass defensed and 1 forced fumble.

Pittman-Jamiyus-1.pdf

yekiluxqm0xtxsljuadz

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/jamiyus-pittman/

Very exciting for small town folks like me to get to watch young men that I basically saw grow up play in the NFL.

Exactly.  Shall I print you the directs for your local forum to post this on? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Exactly.  Shall I print you the directs for your local forum to post this on? ;)

Nah. I know the directions to that wack little local forum just fine. 

You could go post them over there some directions to here if you want.

In the meantime, I'll post it here and you can skip right by next time since you don't really care one way or the other. :)

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

[...]

Very exciting for small town folks like me to get to watch young men that I basically saw grow up, play in the NFL.

That's 1 more than DLS has. 

I believe that DLS has two players in the NFL at the moment, T.J. Carrie (CB) and Austin Hooper (TE), but only Hooper starts. So you got us beat, even though we recruit we so hard. Just ask Rab. 

I should also say this: the correct grammar is the following: "there are two CC Packers starting in the NFL." The subject of the sentence is Packers, which is plural. If you reword it, it becomes clear: two CC Packers are starting in the NFL. People get screwed up when they start a sentence with "there". They always want to follow it with an "is", which is only correct some of the time. 

I know that's pedantic. So stain on me. But someone may read this and find it helpful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

That's 1 more that DLS has. 

I believe that DLS has two players in the NFL at the moment, T.J. Carrie (CB) and Austin Hooper (TE), but only Hooper starts. So you got us beat, even though we recruit we so hard. Just ask Rab. 

I should also say this: the correct grammar is the following: "there are two CC Packers starting in the NFL." The subject of the sentence is Packers, which is plural. If you reword it, it becomes clear: two CC Packers are starting in the NFL. People get screwed up when they start a sentence with "there". They always want to follow it with an "is", which is only correct some of the time. 

I know that's pedantic. So stain on me. But someone may read this and find it helpful.

Yes, I know that the correct grammar is "there are", however, I'm from the south, and I typed it as if it was spoken word. If you asked me face to face how many players the Packers have starting in the NFL, I would say, "There's two."

Haha. 

Anyway, yes, There's two. And it's kinda a big deal. 

There are is the plural form of there is and there's: There are two new buildings next to the school. They are both science buildings. In speaking and in some informal writing, we use there's even when it refers to more than one.

:D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes, I know that the correct grammar is "there are", however, I'm from the south, and I typed it as if it was spoken word. If you asked me face to face how many players the Packers have starting in the NFL, I would say, "There's two."

Haha. 

There are is the plural form of there is and there's: There are two new buildings next to the school. They are both science buildings. In speaking and in some informal writing, we use there's even when it refers to more than one.

Awesome!!! I was just about to give him the same English lesson!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Haha. 

Well, I guess we have the South to blame for the corruption of the English language. 

Good to know. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is, there's and there are - English Grammar Today - Cambridge ...

What does Cambridge say about the increasing misuse of "than" and "then"? There's a number of people confusing those too two. Northerners on these here board doing that. And we allow it more and more as a society so's not to be labeled the grammar police. Or, in the words of Drummer, "You know what I meant. Didn't you?"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, I guess we have the South to blame for the corruption of the English language. 

Good to know. 

Yes. 

You do know that they entered Ain't into the dictionary as well? 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ain't

Not that I'd use "There's two" or "ain't" in a letter to my congressman or a resumé, but, just in passing conversation among a few friends, I admit I am prone to slip in some vernacular at times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred said:

We too have two.  Robert Nkimdiche with the Cardinals and Wayne Gallman with the Giants.  I see to remember a certain mid GA poster that used to say that neither one of them was worth spit and wouldn't ever go anywhere/do anything.  Hmmm, I wonder who that was? :ph34r:

Rab comes to mind... what did I win?

BGW

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes. 

You do know that they entered Ain't into the dictionary as well? 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ain't

Not that I'd use "There's two" or "ain't" in a letter to my congressman or a resumé, but, just in passing conversation among a few friends, I admit I am prone to slip in some vernacular at times.

I've heard that "literally" now means "figuratively" to.

So American English is trending down. 

British English is better then American English. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

[...]

Oh?

I've seen a few of Trump's tweets. Politics aside, he makes Rab look like Shakespeare. 

Maybe an "ain't" and an "there's two" and few ALL CAPS would be more appropriate these days. I don't know.  

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah. I know the directions to that wack little local forum just fine. 

You could go post them over there some directions to here if you want.

In the meantime, I'll post it here and you can skip right by next time since you don't really care one way or the other. :)

Looks like your homie in Norman Park is calling in for reinforcements. Lol

Football - Class AAAAAAA

Spirited debate and information about Class 7A Football.

•  +0 from 0 users
  •  
Reply to Topic

Why don't you heathens trek to the National bode?

• RabidOne

• RabidOne
    •  
    • (5633)
    • 42 months
    •  
    37 minutes ago

They are SOOO bored now that I've cut um loose VOLUNTARILY! They are left with giving each other grammar lessons on how to speak in corrrecto Anglish! Exhibit A is their assault upon the SOUTHEN portion of the U S of A!banghead THEN, they have their Moultrie moderator, who is trashing THIS bode, for being HEATHENS without a cause! Sometimes, ya jist wanna do as Jose Biden suggested with PRESIDENT Trump, and take um behind the barn for an attitude adjustment!shrug

But IF you go, be ARMED with HEAVY ordinance! And watch out for that Left Wing whacko moderator!

• 88 Packer Dad

• 88 Packer Dad
    •  
    • (463)
    • 15 months
    •  
    17 minutes ago

I forgot where the national board is even located. I haven't been over there in years. Link?

This post was edited by 88 Packer Dad just a few seconds ago

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Looks like your homie in Norman Park is calling in for reinforcements. Lol

Football - Class AAAAAAA

Spirited debate and information about Class 7A Football.

•  +0 from 0 users
  •  
Reply to Topic

Why don't you heathens trek to the National bode?

• RabidOne

• RabidOne
    •  
    • (5633)
    • 42 months
    •  
    37 minutes ago

They are SOOO bored now that I've cut um loose VOLUNTARILY! They are left with giving each other grammar lessons on how to speak in corrrecto Anglish! Exhibit A is their assault upon the SOUTHEN portion of the U S of A!banghead THEN, they have their Moultrie moderator, who is trashing THIS bode, for being HEATHENS without a cause! Sometimes, ya jist wanna do as Jose Biden suggested with PRESIDENT Trump, and take um behind the barn for an attitude adjustment!shrug

But IF you go, be ARMED with HEAVY ordinance! And watch out for that Left Wing whacko moderator!

• 88 Packer Dad

• 88 Packer Dad
    •  
    • (463)
    • 15 months
    •  
    17 minutes ago

I forgot where the national board is even located. I haven't been over there in years. Link?

This post was edited by 88 Packer Dad just a few seconds ago

I reckon since he left of his own accord, he could log in anytime and post all the political bullshit he wants over on the OT board. 

I guess so anyway. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

He can't live without the national board.  It seems to be all he thinks about and posts over there.  Talk about Fatal Attraction.  You play the role of Michael Douglas.  I wonder who would play the role of the rabbit? Lol

You speak from experience. Idk which is a more fatal attraction....

Rab and the national board or Padre and all things GA.

I'd say that stalking the GA board to check up on Rab speaks for itself. You've got a problem Padre and it's getting worse over the years. You should seek help before it's too late.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You speak from experience. Idk which is a more fatal attraction....

Rab and the national board or Padre and all things GA.

I'd say that stalking the GA board to check up on Rab speaks for itself. You've got a problem Padre and it's getting worse over the years. You should seek help before it's too late.

When he came on here and said he had posted on that board about bring fools over here, liberaldonald posted the link and I followed it over to some crazy site where the first thread I see is that bitch talking about sending hordes to this board to bother us.  So yes, I love coming on here and no I do not want to see more rabs or coclcut county types messing up the good thing we have here.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer type of thing.  Point your finger elsewhere. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

When he came on here and said he had posted on that board about bring fools over here, liberaldonald posted the link and I followed it over to some crazy site where the first thread I see is that bitch talking about sending hordes to this board to bother us.  So yes, I love coming on here and no I do not want to see more rabs or coclcut county types messing up the good thing we have here.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer type of thing.  Point your finger elsewhere. 

You know who else stalks other states' boards?

Rab does. Lol

Ole' Rab lookin' boy!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1