Whats your state/city got?

GrecoRoman

Well I'm all about college & NFL which is off topic for this board but whatever its the ultimate reason most of start playing high school ball.  Can anyone come close to competing with this list ( a couple years old - can't find a recent if anyone has a better source).  Anyway - I'd like to check out areas I might not be aware of.  I'd bet everything I had that no city comes close to this list - hell this list will beat the majority of States out there.  Most on this board want to rep their HS team or league - that's fine but if you love football it's time people start giving respect to the top dog and that's Miami  regardless of the outcome of high school games.  There's a reason Lebron just funded LIberty City Warriors and said that the football talent in Miami is the best story in interscholastic sports.  Repping big time

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/sfl-former-miami-dade-county-high-school-players-in-the-nfl-20151111-photogallery.html

Just to put this in perspective - my home State can rep also (under the radar BTW as most don't give enough respect to Jersey) but we only have about the same amount as a State that Miami has alone. That should put things in perspective big time.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/9978326/new-jersey-little-state-produces-big-nfl-college-football-talent    Again this a few years old, I think we have something like 58 now I think

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Well I'm all about college & NFL which is off topic for this board but whatever its the ultimate reason most of start playing high school ball.  Can anyone come close to competing with this list ( a couple years old - can't find a recent if anyone has a better source).  Anyway - I'd like to check out areas I might not be aware of.  I'd bet everything I had that no city comes close to this list - hell this list will beat the majority of States out there.  Most on this board want to rep their HS team or league - that's fine but if you love football it's time people start giving respect to the top dog and that's Miami  regardless of the outcome of high school games.  There's a reason Lebron just funded LIberty City Warriors and said that the football talent in Miami is the best story in interscholastic sports.  Repping big time

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/sfl-former-miami-dade-county-high-school-players-in-the-nfl-20151111-photogallery.html

Just to put this in perspective - my home State can rep also (under the radar BTW as most don't give enough respect to Jersey) but we only have about the same amount as a State that Miami has alone. That should put things in perspective big time.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/9978326/new-jersey-little-state-produces-big-nfl-college-football-talent    Again this a few years old, I think we have something like 58 now I think

According to this article Houston area is close with 47.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Former-Houston-area-high-school-stars-NFL-rosters-13229621.php

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yea buddy - no doubt Houston is loaded.  I always knew that about Houston & also New Orleans.  Like your article says it really comes down what you're including in terms of the metro area.  Where Miami separates itself to me is within the confines of Liberty City, Carol City, Opa Locka and Overtown.  The combined population of these is under 100k and the list of players you can build is mind boggling and mile  past anywhere else in terms of population.  I like it for the same reason Lebrin described - it's a "football is life mentality"  

17 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea buddy - no doubt Houston is loaded.  I always knew that about Houston & also New Orleans.  Like your article says it really comes down what you're including in terms of the metro area.  Where Miami separates itself to me is within the confines of Liberty City, Carol City, Opa Locka and Overtown.  The combined population of these is under 100k and the list of players you can build is mind boggling and mile  past anywhere else in terms of population.  I like it for the same reason Lebrin described - it's a "football is life mentality"  

Yeah, that's very impressive.  

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Miami Central and MNW combined for 47 penalties last night. Forty Seven! 

The talent is beyond tremendous, but we need more money for coaching. It is an injustice to have this kind of talent and no resources for coaches. 

Makes it even more impressive though 

You bring up coaching a lot, focus on what you all do have.  Fla is stout as it is. 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The talent is beyond tremendous, but we need more money for coaching. It is an injustice to have this kind of talent and no resources for coaches. 

Google the address to Buford, got rentals there... we’ll be happy to coach em up. 

Regards

BGW

• Haha 1

Savannahs got alot... 

But we're still recovering from Sherman's March to sea...

I kid I kid... 

In the way of Athletes Savannah is a basketball city there's some football talent but 98% of it is either at Benedictine Catholic or Savannah Christian Academy. 

There's a few UGA players from Savannah Christian... 

We also have good seafood... And fine women... 

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Savannahs got alot... 

But we're still recovering from Sherman's March to sea...

I kid I kid... 

In the way of Athletes Savannah is a basketball city there's some football talent but 98% of it is either at Benedictine Catholic or Savannah Christian Academy. 

There's a few UGA players from Savannah Christian... 

We also have good seafood... And fine women... 

All of Georgia is just flat loaded brother.  GA - FL ....no real difference in talent output other then population.   How people can knock the quality of GA football on this board f'ing laughable to me - just shows major ignorance but also disrespect to the fact that this is a legit football board and honest assessment should supersede home state bias

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GrecoRoman said:

All of Georgia is just flat loaded brother.  GA - FL ....no real difference in talent output other then population.   How people can knock the quality of GA football on this board f'ing laughable to me - just shows major ignorance but also disrespect to the fact that this is a legit football board and honest assessment should supersede home state bias

I mean "honest assessment should  supersede any bias" lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Hands down there's talent here everyone else is just mad Jealous of the peach state swagger... 

But on a serious note as far as my area of GA like I said Benedictine and Savannah Christian got all the football and baseball talent... 

But as far as Coastal GA goes in general 

Savannah as far as football goes ain't got to much the public's here are a disaster with no one wanting to deal with the old ways and new schools opening up almost every other month the talents getting spread to thin.... 

And this is where the Privates come in Benedictine and Savannah Christian have damn good academics and good Financial aid... 

And all the ballers are going to those schools.... 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Nolebull813 said:

what are booster clubs like at public schools down there; nonexistent, involved, big/small, etc... 

On 10/20/2018 at 5:06 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Imagine if Florida could pay coaches 60 grand Plus a year for coaching.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

How? Florida has double what California has in every category from the link you posted 

Read the original post again then tell me what county is producing players 

i can count 52 players from Los Angeles country just from a cursory glance at this list

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/PpCV1pIKMkiAsKq7SOmzlA/2016-nfl-players-who-played-at-california-high-schools.htm