2018 GHSA Playoffs

FootballGuy

Idk bout y'all, but I'm looking forward to a potential Lee County vs John's Creek 6A final. Best defense vs best offense.

Also looking forward to seeing if Calhoun gets gifted another state championship....lol. 

Wanna see how 5A plays out. I just don't think Rome is gonna pull off the three peat. I mean, regardless of classification, when's the last time a team has 3-peated? 

Will Blessed Trinity repeat or will Cartersville reclaim the throne in 4A????

• Like 1

I know it's not big boys, but what are some thoughts from you GA posters on AAAA?  I've got some family down in the ATL whose son plays for a AAAA school so I try to keep up with that level, but I've been a little lax this year on it.

Is it still Blessed Trinity's world or is there someone else that could give them a real run for their money?

Thanks,
-93CardinalsFan

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Ok 

On a serious note I'm looking forward to seeing which games GBP has for the playoffs this year 

I watched someone play last year (it was either Buford or someone like that) in a game on that network 

I only wish GBP would include the state championships 

Uhhhh... every state championship game is aired on GPB. Only reason it wasn't like that last year is because of the weather. 

2 minutes ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

I know it's not big boys, but what are some thoughts from you GA posters on AAAA?  I've got some family down in the ATL whose son plays for a AAAA school so I try to keep up with that level, but I've been a little lax this year on it.

Is it still Blessed Trinity's world or is there someone else that could give them a real run for their money?

Thanks,
-93CardinalsFan

BT is the favorite, but you can't sleep on cartersville, mary persons, troup county, and marist. 

2 minutes ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

What about someone like St. Pius?  Are they just not at the talent level of those other schools?  I see they beat Marist earlier this year as it's one of their big rivals, I think.

Thoughts?

Gonna keep it real with you chief: I don't keep tabs on St. Pius. I do see that they're 8-1, so they must be pretty good, but I personally don't think that they will do that much damage in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Uhhhh... every state championship game is aired on GPB. Only reason it wasn't like that last year is because of the weather. 

Oh wow then I'm definitely glad that North Florida gets that channel 

Only central Florida gets Brighthouse who is the ones that do FL state championships unless you get a online subscription 

I would pay to get the Brighthouse if it was on TV but I'm not paying to watch a game on my phone

1 hour ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

Thanks,
-93CardinalsFan

Pretty solid this season ... BT, Marist, Troup, Mary Persons, & Cartersville are all good.

7A Cinderella - Milton (Id say Hillgrove but they are 10-0 and look good), maybe Roswell.

6A Cinderella - Johns Creek .... But honestly --- 6A is ALL Lee Co.

5A Cindy - Dutchtown is gonna make noise

4A Cindy - Troup Co. Or Mary Persons

3A Cindy - Monroe Area

2A Cindy - Rockmart

====

Favorites

7A - Colquitt Co.

6A - Lee Co.

5A - Rome

4A - Blessed Trinity

3A - Cedar Grove/Calhoun

2A - Dublin? Rockmart? Brooks Co.? Idk?

1A Private - Athens Academy/ELCA... Rematch of last year but closer game

1A Public - Irwin Co./Clinch Co.

@FootballGuy Not sure about which team will be a surprise in 7A. I think for me up to this point it's been Hillgrove. Nobody was talking about them in the preseason, but here they are looking like one of the best teams in the state. I guess considering that we all follow so closely here, we kind of saw them shaping up to be a surprise, so, not sure if we can count them as a playoff cinderella. 

As far as the St. Pius X question, I haven't watched them this year. I did watch Blessed Trinity vs. Flowery Branch a couple of weeks back and the level of execution for BT was pretty bad imo. I hate to judge on one game, but, I hope that there is a better team than them in AAAA, or that entire classification can't be very good compared to what we are normally watching/discussing on here. Blessed Trinity could have just suffered a bad game. It happens. I just wasn't impressed by the talent levels or execution that I saw on that particular night. The in-state polls all have BT as the number 1 for AAAA I think, so, I'm thinking it doesn't bode well for other teams in that class to be very good. 

Maybe St. Pius X will make a run and kick their butt. 

Last time I saw SPX play was in the dome before the Packers played, and Cartersville was killing them to death. Can't remember if it was 2014 or 15. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@FootballGuy Not sure about which team will be a surprise in 7A. I think for me up to this point it's been Hillgrove. Nobody was talking about them in the preseason, but here they are looking like one of the best teams in the state. I guess considering that we all follow so closely here, we kind of saw them shaping up to be a surprise, so, not sure if we can count them as a playoff cinderella. 

As far as the St. Pius X question, I haven't watched them this year. I did watch Blessed Trinity vs. Flowery Branch a couple of weeks back and the level of execution for BT was pretty bad imo. I hate to judge on one game, but, I hope that there is a better team than them in AAAA, or that entire classification can't be very good compared to what we are normally watching/discussing on here. Blessed Trinity could have just suffered a bad game. It happens. I just wasn't impressed by the talent levels or execution that I saw on that particular night. The in-state polls all have BT as the number 1 for AAAA I think, so, I'm thinking it doesn't bode well for other teams in that class to be very good. 

Maybe St. Pius X will make a run and kick their butt. 

Last time I saw SPX play was in the dome before the Packers played, and Cartersville was killing them to death. Can't remember if it was 2014 or 15. 

I gave up on Hillgrove before this season. I expected them to be good like every season prior to this one and I stuck with em because I like Hillgrove... But they always let me down, so I didnt say shit or know shit about em this Preseason other than they had a 4* S Jaylen McCullough & a 5* DE in Myles Murphy.

That and they were snubbed by Harrison Bailey for Marietta, and they just crushed them last week ...  Im sure Baileys like aww fvck.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I gave up on Hillgrove before this season. I expected them to be good like every season prior to this one and I stuck with em because I like Hillgrove... But they always let me down, so I didnt say shit or know shit about em this Preseason other than they had a 4* S Jaylen McCullough & a 5* DE in Myles Murphy.

That and they were snubbed by Harrison Bailey for Marietta, and they just crushed them last week ...  Im sure Baileys like aww fvck.

Harrison Bailey was injured in the game against Hillgrove.

Marietta will make an early exit in the playoffs if he is not healthy. I'm not sure of the seriousness of his injury or when he will return to the field.

21 hours ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

What about someone like St. Pius?  Are they just not at the talent level of those other schools?  I see they beat Marist earlier this year as it's one of their big rivals, I think.

Thoughts?

St.Pius is good but I don't see them winning state maybe Semifinals depending on the bracket they're in... 

• Thanks 1