1st Round of Playoffs Pick 'Em Score Thread (11/15-11/18)

ECHS05

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I’m not doubting if St John’s is good. I saw them beat Miami Central and Hoover, they’re obviously good. And they’d beat Rome for sure, I’m not doubting that either. I’m simply stating Marietta was never good and they were beyond overhyped because of a five star QB. 

I applaud Marietta’s scheduling, it was definitely tough, but they lost to every good team they played. They went 0-5 against good teams in 2018 and 0-1 against a three win East Coweta in the playoffs. I think their performance on the road at SJC shows some GA depth and they’re definitely huge step up from JOHNS CREEK, but they aren’t a top Georgia team. 

Id love to see Grayson/Colquitt play SJC, Good Counsel, and Gonzaga moving forward. Those are on the same tier. Which is not that of SJB/MD/IMG currently, my original point. 

I agree with everything you say here. As far as the tiers go, SJB/MD/IMG are the ONLY tier 1 teams. The Allen/N. Shore winner could squeeze in at year’s end. 

I thought your original point was that St. John’s was not worthy of a top 10 ranking. I just disagree with that. I still say they qualify. That would put them in tier 2 status with Miami Central, Colquitt, SFA, etc. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Me & Cat_Scratch had 4 differing games...

Perry 45, Pinnacle 14 - ECHS

Horn Lake 35, Starkville 14 - ECHS

Lone Peak 34, American Fork 29 - Cat

Chippewa Valley (EC) vs Belleville (CS) - 

Pretty simple... If Chippewa Valley beats Belleville I win, if Belleville beats Chippewa Valley, CS wins by way of higher seed.

Good job and GL. Go forth and prosper.