USAT rankings

Ararar

4 minutes ago, The Comish said:

Dear members,

Our legal team is looking into the validity of the "USAT rule".

"USAT rule " - strictly states that:

a. any team can be moved up or down in any poll with no reasonable explanation.

b. any team winning a rematch can have said win diminished due to competency shown by said winning teams coaching staff.

c. Losing team of a rematch cannot be reasonably punished for losing said rematch, and can still be ranked above said winning team if the said ranking agency feels that the results of the first game were more relevant, or better suited toward said ranking agency agenda.

I move to suspend the use of the poll until the validity of the rule can be determined by the legal team's inquiry. 

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I get why Texas does it. They feel their 64 team playoffs brackets make up for their lack of top 50 wins. It has in the past and may partly this year. But that said, If Allen wins out they would have 2 wins over top 100 teams? If MD wins they will be 6-1 vs 50 teams plus wins over Gorman and MV.

It is absolutely absurd to be in a conversation delineating who is better, MD or Allen. 

I swear, it's like DJ has resurrected. It's that freakin' ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The reverse should be counted against SJB   Got out coached and outplayed causing a 27 point swing 

Good points being made. While we all know it's not possible in football, this is precisely why a 7-game series is played in many other sports. Or 5 sets in sports like tennis and volleyball. It's not uncommon to see big swings from game to game and set to set.

In the case of SJB and MD, both teams are so darn good that when one team is off, the other can really make 'em pay.

In the NBA, we've seen the Warriors get rolled by 20 - 30 points in a game only to dominate the rest of the series. Poor performances happen.

We'll never know what would happen if MD and SJB were to play a series. The 23-pt loss could be the anomaly for MD. Or perhaps the 4-pt win was the anomaly. Who knows.

My belief is that the teams are pretty even and most games would turn out like the last one. Very close, regardless who won.

• Like 1