OT Thick-ankled Midwest slugs 35, Southern speed 3

Wosinc

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The SEC loves some FCS.  It sure helps those defensive stats too.  🤘

And conference expansion cost UGA games vs Ohio state and Oregon. Sometimes it's hard to schedule a team with a pulse. And App State and Georgia Southern have taken the wind out of the sails of some good teams.

As an aside, after finding out we could play man cover with Oklahoms'a receivers last year, we proceeded to molest them. Mayfield was sacked six times in the 2nd half, and got up spitting Rose Bowl dirt another dozen. Aside from a scoop and score, and a nice run by Rodney Anderson, the Sooners didn't do much. Ton of yards in the 1st half.2nd half we fed em the ball, the Dawg clamped down on the neck, and tore it off.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The SEC loves some FCS.  It sure helps those defensive stats too.  🤘

Hate is a strong emotion, but i hate playing those kind of teams. It's a lose / lose proposition. Team can win big and still have a starter or two knocked out. Or as Florida and Michigan found out the hard way, ya can get beat.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

And conference expansion cost UGA games vs Ohio state and Oregon. Sometimes it's hard to schedule a team with a pulse. And App State and Georgia Southern have taken the wind out of the sails of some good teams.

As an aside, after finding out we could play man cover with Oklahoms'a receivers last year, we proceeded to molest them. Mayfield was sacked six times in the 2nd half, and got up spitting Rose Bowl dirt another dozen. Aside from a scoop and score, and a nice run by Rodney Anderson, the Sooners didn't do much. Ton of yards in the 1st half.2nd half we fed em the ball, the Dawg clamped down on the neck, and tore it off.

OU put up a boatload of yds and points.  The turning point was the stupid pooch kick right b4 half allowing Ga. to kick a 50yd FG just b4 half.  And the face mask missed on Anderson when OU needed a 1st down to seal it.  Anderson was the leading rusher in that game with 201yds.  I wouldn't call it shutting em out in the 2nd half they had 31 pts at the half and finishrd with 45 of which only 3 came in OT.  You shut em out in the 3rd qtr.  Ga. Won a nip and tuck game.  No one is shutting OU down.  Kyler is a faster more accurate Mayfield.  This is a better offense than the one your Dawgs beat in OT.   Now you got my Horns.  Gotta rib you JawJaa boys b4 that one as well.  😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCGIII said:

Hate is a strong emotion, but i hate playing those kind of teams. It's a lose / lose proposition. Team can win big and still have a starter or two knocked out. Or as Florida and Michigan found out the hard way, ya can get beat.

wasn't Citadel tied with Bama at the half?  And got mauled in the 2nd half.  They played Bama for a half better than the whole SEC.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

OU put up a boatload of yds and points.  The turning poiny was the stupid pooch kick right b4 half allowing Ga. to kick a 50yd FG just b4 half.  And the face mask missed on Anderson when OU needed a 1st down to seal it.  Anderson was the leading rusher in that game with 201yds.  I wouldn't call it shutting em out in the 2nd half they had 31 pts at the half and finishrd with 45 of which only 3 came in OT.  You shut em out in the 3rd qtr.  Ga. Won a nip and tuck game.  No one is shutting OU down.  Kyler is a faster more accurate Mayfield.  This is a better offense than the one your Dawgs beat in OT.   Now you got my Horns.  Gotta rib you JawJaa boys b4 that one as well.  😁

Physically, we punshed the land thieves after the break. We had more points, yards, and penalties. We put up 38 in th 2nd.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

wasn't Citadel tied with Bama at the half?  And got mauled in the 2nd half.  They played Bama for a half better than the whole SEC.  

Citadel is tough. Beat South Carolina a couple of years ago. Ga Southern ran for 454 yards against the Gumps in  15'

Citadel is a military college, so you know they are going to scrap for 60 minutes.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Citadei is tough. Beat South Carolina a couple of years ago. Ga Southern ran for 454 yards against the Gumps i  15'

Some of those old FCS teams are good.  NDSU beats every D1 they play always on the road.  App St. and Ga. So. are D1 now and still balling.  Back in the day I was Stationed at Parris Island in the early 80s and Ga. southern with Tracy Hamm was balling back then with that Hamm Bone offense and Coach Erk Russell.  I remember being in the real South back then watching the Jefferson Pilot game of the week. Those old ACC games were terrible. Duke vs. WF. In the J.P. game of the week.  Back when no cable and Gordon Solie was popular as he'll in JawJaa.  Spent 9 months at Ft. Gordon in 1982 🤣

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

I'm an Ohio State fan, but UGA could very well be the most likely team to beat Alabama currently. Too bad they did not make the playoffs. Oklahoma has a punchers chance as long as their defense holds up some. 

• Like 1