Georgia players mock CFP committee after Notre Dame blowout

RedZone

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

So a SEC team should be penalized because they are in same conference as the best college football program on the planet?

Who played the #1 team in the nation in their conference championship game? Wasn't Oklahoma or Notre Dame...

I don't want to hear about the Oklahoma or Notre Dame "eye test".......they got it made.

Every team in the SEC looks like those 2 teams except Vandy.....

ND has scoreboard on LSU the last two times they played.  Let it go.  

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

ND has scoreboard on LSU the last two times they played.  Let it go.  

Is that suppose to make you feel better?

It's amazing what people clutch on to.....

A couple 3 points wins in the Music City and Citrus Bowls eases the pain of LSU clubbing Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl, 41-14 I guess.

Who knows.

What we do know.......is to never believe the Notre Dame hype again.

41 minutes ago, RedZone said:

So a SEC team should be penalized because they are in same conference as the best college football program on the planet?

Who played the #1 team in the nation in their conference championship game? Wasn't Oklahoma or Notre Dame...

I don't want to hear about the Oklahoma or Notre Dame "eye test".......they got it made.

Every team in the SEC looks like those 2 teams except Vandy.....

I made a point to say I thought Ohio St trumped Oaklahoma when  it came to eye test. As to your point about playing in strongest conference, Alabama last season got the nod over conference champion Ohio St based on that presumption.  Ga should not have allowed themselves earlier to be blown out by LSU. It is their own fault. Two losses without a conference championship won't get it done, regardless of who you think is the better team.

8 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I made a point to say I thought Ohio St trumped Oaklahoma when  it came to eye test. As to your point about playing in strongest conference, Alabama last season got the nod over conference champion Ohio St based on that presumption.  Ga should not have allowed themselves earlier to be blown out by LSU. It is their own fault. Two losses without a conference championship won't get it done, regardless of who you think is the better team.

Yup.

Two effing losses.

Not one.

T-W-O

Add in no conference championship.

If Georgia wanted in, they wouldn't have buttered their buns for LSU and then face planted with a 14-point lead late in the 3rd against Bama.

"But, but... we had to play Bama".  Yeah. And got outscored 21-0 in the final 18 minutes. Georgia had their shot and face-planted. Twice.

But the 'Dawgs are supposed to get two mulligans why again?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Bama lost to Auburn, & didnt even play in the SEC Title game and got in.

I think that makes it pretty clear its the best teams... Period. Fuck winning weak ass Conference Championships.

Notre Dame didnt deserve a shot simply for barely beating trash teams every week.

And you see what happened to Oklahoma when they played Alabama... They wouldnt of made the playoffs either if they had to play Alabama in the SEC Title most years.

Fuck what people WANT... do whats right by the teams. The playoffs are made for the 4 best teams... And EVERYBODY knew Notre Dame & Oklahoma werent better than Georgia.

Just getting a W vs. Trash teams shouldnt mean that much.

Personally, I believe that Georgia, as of now is a top 3 team.

Their not being in, should be more on the UGA coaching staff than on the selection committee.   They had Alabama on the ropes, but let them get away.  No excuse for that. 

The Bama loss, gave UGA two losses, and the selection committee usually won't allow a two loss team in; when other teams are undefeated or have one loss.

It sucks that your team didn't get in, but it is reality; even if it is not fair.   Hopefully, the NCAA will switch to a 8 team playoff to avoid this inequity in the future.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Is that suppose to make you feel better?

It's amazing what people clutch on to.....

A couple 3 points wins in the Music City and Citrus Bowls eases the pain of LSU clubbing Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl, 41-14 I guess.

Who knows.

What we do know.......is to never believe the Notre Dame hype again.

How far are we going to go back?  LSU has become an also ran that gets up for 1 or 2 games a year.

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I said it after they announced it that Georgia and Ohio State deserved to be in over Notre Dame and Oklahoma if you are trying to find the 4 best teams. 

They are ranking records and not teams. You could have started watching football for the first time this year and seen Notre Dame was way overrated, and their record was ranked instead of the team. Seems like they have done this every year since the playoff started. 

Uhhh ohio state wouldve been embarrassed also

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Bama lost to Auburn, & didnt even play in the SEC Title game and got in.

I think that makes it pretty clear its the best teams... Period. Fuck winning weak ass Conference Championships.

Notre Dame didnt deserve a shot simply for barely beating trash teams every week.

And you see what happened to Oklahoma when they played Alabama... They wouldnt of made the playoffs either if they had to play Alabama in the SEC Title most years.

Fuck what people WANT... do whats right by the teams. The playoffs are made for the 4 best teams... And EVERYBODY knew Notre Dame & Oklahoma werent better than Georgia.

Just getting a W vs. Trash teams shouldnt mean that much.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck, fuck fuck fuck fuck... what is wrong with you? 

Take out all the fucks and I'd agree with you. 

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I said it after they announced it that Georgia and Ohio State deserved to be in over Notre Dame and Oklahoma if you are trying to find the 4 best teams. 

They are ranking records and not teams. You could have started watching football for the first time this year and seen Notre Dame was way overrated, and their record was ranked instead of the team. Seems like they have done this every year since the playoff started. 

Look at it this way, Bama and Clemson are the best teams in the country and we all know it. They both got in.

Point is, as long as the two best team get in, it does not matter who the other teams that got in are. The whole idea is to have the two best teams play for a title. 

If they started with 8 teams Clemson and BaMA WOULD STILL BE THE TWO BEST SO THE ga KIDS NEED TO take the high road not the path they choose. 

3 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

Uhhh ohio state wouldve been embarrassed also

That’s the thing.  The way Alabama and Clemson played, very likely any other opponents including GA  would have been dominated.

GA has a chance to make a statement by destroying Texas, not lighting up Twitter. 

50 minutes ago, ohio said:

It sucks that your team didn't get in, but it is reality; even if it is not fair.   Hopefully, the NCAA will switch to a 8 team playoff to avoid this inequity in the future.

it will make no difference. Teams 9, 10 ,11 and 12 will simply cry instead. 

64 teams in soccer and basketball and guess what? Yep, teams crying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I guess so.... but it would still be better than what we have now.

At least this year, we could have seen teams like UGA, tOSU, Florida  in... and maybe let a team like UCF get a chance.

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I dont think 9-12 will complain.

Theres sometimes 5, 6, maybe 7 teams that have a slight argument.

8 teams is way more than enough.

2 minutes ago, ohio said:

I guess so.... but it would still be better than what we have now.

At least this year, we could have seen teams like UGA, tOSU, Florida  in... and maybe let a team like UCF get a chance.

It would be great to have 16 teams... only 5 extra weeks for two teams. 

But as the entire idea was to not make a mistake about who was national champ, no harm no foul this year. 

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I dont think 9-12 will complain.

Theres sometimes 5, 6, maybe 7 teams that have a slight argument.

8 teams is way more than enough.

then why does 65, 66 and 67 complain in other sports? In fact, how many does basketball have now because of the crying.

It's human nature. People are selfish greedy me too bitches at every level in every aspect of life. 

17 minutes ago, noonereal said:

then why does 65, 66 and 67 complain in other sports? In fact, how many does basketball have now because of the crying.

It's human nature. People are selfish greedy me too bitches at every level in every aspect of life. 

Those teams might complain.

Both most people wont... When has there ever been an argument that the #9 team might really be the best?

If we had 8... The matchups wouldve been....

#1 Alabama vs. #8 UCF

#4 Oklahoma vs. #5 Georgia

#3 Notre Dame vs. #6 Ohio St.

#2 Clemson vs #7 Michigan

----

#9 is Washington...  And they are the 1st team in the rankings with 3 losses.... Hell they lost to Auburn.

And NOBODY is going to argue #10 Florida might possibly be the best team.

8 wouldve included the undefeated UCF also... It wouldve been perfect this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, concha said:

Yup.

Two effing losses.

Not one.

T-W-O

Add in no conference championship.

If Georgia wanted in, they wouldn't have buttered their buns for LSU and then face planted with a 14-point lead late in the 3rd against Bama.

"But, but... we had to play Bama".  Yeah. And got outscored 21-0 in the final 18 minutes. Georgia had their shot and face-planted. Twice.

But the 'Dawgs are supposed to get two mulligans why again?

Pipe down, Miss Purdue....

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

That’s the thing.  The way Alabama and Clemson played, very likely any other opponents including GA  would have been dominated.

GA has a chance to make a statement by destroying Texas, not lighting up Twitter. 

Except Georgia literally just played Alabama and that didnt happen.

Clemson didnt do, or look, anything special... Notre Dame just sucks like they do every season.