Georgia players mock CFP committee after Notre Dame blowout

RedZone

These players have a reason to vent. They were promised by some pencil neck suit and tie assholes who run this selection process as a side hustle. They were promised that if they are one of the 4 best teams in the country they will be able to participate in a playoff for a national championship. 

Meanwhile they were lied to and had the carpet pulled from under them at the last second to allow a team with one of the worst defenses in college football history and the worst undefeated team in history. Notre Dame scraped by some shit teams and their record was ranked instead of on field performance. When there was nowhere to hide they got a running clock put on them. 

Georgia fans, players and coaches were probably mad as hell watching those games yesterday. They picked Oklahoma strictly from a TV audience perspective and chose Notre Dame as if they have an automatic bid as long as they win their shit schedule regardless of how bad they played or their opponents were. 

This selection process need a major overhaul 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I lost all trust in the committee after they let Bama in last year.... 

No Championship....

Lost to 2 loss Auburn.... 

Idk dude.... 

It's hard to say money ain't running this thing.... 

You were ok with Florida State, Michigan State, Washington, Notre Dame and Oklahoma 3 times? 

But not ok with the team who won the National Title? 

Seems legit 

52 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

These players have a reason to vent. They were promised by some pencil neck suit and tie assholes who run this selection process as a side hustle. They were promised that if they are one of the 4 best teams in the country they will be able to participate in a playoff for a national championship. 

Meanwhile they were lied to and had the carpet pulled from under them at the last second to allow a team with one of the worst defenses in college football history and the worst undefeated team in history. Notre Dame scraped by some shit teams and their record was ranked instead of on field performance. When there was nowhere to hide they got a running clock put on them. 

Georgia fans, players and coaches were probably mad as hell watching those games yesterday. They picked Oklahoma strictly from a TV audience perspective and chose Notre Dame as if they have an automatic bid as long as they win their shit schedule regardless of how bad they played or their opponents were. 

This selection process need a major overhaul 

Whats funny though....

Georgia has been in 3 of the Top 4 most watched CFB games of the last 2 years.

Major like to the post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

But thats not how it works. That wasnt a play-in game.

Its the 4 best teams. Period.

It’s how it worked this year.  They had their playoff game and choked it away.  No one to blame but themselves (and their ridiculous coaches decision to fake that punt).  Better luck next year.  If they get the same chance again next season they shouldn’t gag on it.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Is still a beauty contest 

name your 3 at large teams 

Its really not that hard to pick the 4 best teams if you leave the bias out of it.

Every single human being in America, if they were honest with themselves, knew Notre Dame wasnt one of the 4 best.

Them losing like that is good... They wont get the benefit of the doubt so easy next time. Theyll have to prove it.

5 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

It’s how it worked this year.  They had their playoff game and choked it away.  No one to blame but themselves (and their ridiculous coaches decision to fake that punt).  Better luck next year.  If they get the same chance again next season they shouldn’t gag on it.

Losing that game to #1 doesnt mean they arent 1 of the 4 best teams though.

Is it fair Notre Dame gets to play trash and sit home Conference Championship week.... While Georgia is playing Alabama or visa versa.

Notre Dame wont get the benefit of the doubt so easy next time after that drubbing... A drubbing anybody not from the Midwest with starry eyes could see coming. Notre Dame wasnt good, and didnt deserve shit.

Luckily they come to Athens to play Georgia next year... And we can end this early.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Losing that game to #1 doesnt mean they arent 1 of the 4 best teams though.

Is it fair Notre Dame gets to play trash and sit home Conference Championship week.... While Georgia is playing Alabama or visa versa.

Notre Dame wont get the benefit of the doubt so easy next time after that drubbing... A drubbing anybody not from the Midwest with starry eyes could see coming. Notre Dame wasnt good, and didnt deserve shit.

Luckily they come to Athens to play Georgia next year... And we can end this early.

Your tears are delicious!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

The CFP committee REALLY DOES need to rethink this process...

You have 2 and 3 loss teams winning High School State Championships in many states........

I"ve grown tired of Notre Dame and Oklahoma failing every other year...

I don't guess I can blame these GA guys for venting.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/nation-world/georgia-players-mock-cfp-committee-after-notre-dame-blowout/507-625358647

GA lost twice this season, and didn't win their conference. Having 2 losses, but winning a major conference is a lot different scenario. Last season, Ga got blown out by Auburn, but won the conference. Big difference. For me, the biggest mistake was taking a one loss Oaklahoma over a one loss Ohio St. this season. Both won their conferences, but the eye test said, at least for me, that Ohio St had the upside talent to get to the next level and challenge  both Clemson and Alabama. Notre Dame was unbeaten and hard to argue them not being there, except for the eye test, which said they shouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really don't care much as I am far from a GA fan but I have a question?  If the top say 4 teams play each other in some form during the season be it one team or a couple of the teams, there will be losers.  Does that loss then mean they are still a top 4 team?  I've seen that logic used here a lot when people talk about a quality loss.  People say GA didn't win their conference.  The conference championship was played between the #1 and #2 teams in the nation at that time.  One team had to lose.  If it were a blow out, maybe it should have an ipact and maybe not.  Depends on the way you look at it but none the less,  in a tight game with a one score game, should it knock you out of consideration?  There are hundreds if not thousands of high school teams that go undefeated every year that don't get considered for the MNC because they don't play tough schedules.

Just an observation/question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There's been only one undefeated NFL champ ever. Apples vs oranges. 

In college football, every week of the season is considered part of the playoffs. You lose once or twice and your out. UGA needs to concentrate on beating Bama instead of trying to backdoor into the CFP. 

A Hoover Buc started on that perfect NFL team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

I really don't care much as I am far from a GA fan but I have a question?  If the top say 4 teams play each other in some form during the season be it one team or a couple of the teams, there will be losers.  Does that loss then mean they are still a top 4 team?  I've seen that logic used here a lot when people talk about a quality loss.  People say GA didn't win their conference.  The conference championship was played between the #1 and #2 teams in the nation at that time.  One team had to lose.  If it were a blow out, maybe it should have an ipact and maybe not.  Depends on the way you look at it but none the less,  in a tight game with a one score game, should it knock you out of consideration?  There are hundreds if not thousands of high school teams that go undefeated every year that don't get considered for the MNC because they don't play tough schedules.

UGA should have made the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

The theory is that the four best are the four best.

This year does not fit the scenario you pose as GA lost to definitely non-top four LSU, and badly at that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Notre Dame just got their ass kicked on national TV, confirming what everyone already knew.

Idk why youd be happy... That game made it much, much harder for ND to get the benefit of the doubt in the future.

Clemson was benefited from ND's All American corner sitting out the entire second quarter.  It happens as injuries are part of the game.  Clemson was the better team.  I'm ok with it because ND was where UGA wanted to be.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Its really not that hard to pick the 4 best teams if you leave the bias out of it.

Every single human being in America, if they were honest with themselves, knew Notre Dame wasnt one of the 4 best.

Them losing like that is good... They wont get the benefit of the doubt so easy next time. Theyll have to prove it.

I’m not really arguing whether someone believes Notre Dame or GA would win a hypothetical contest 

GA lost 2 games — they have no valid complaint unless they look in mirror — And it’s a bad look to be complaining — there are teams with better complaints every year 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

GA lost twice this season, 

So a SEC team should be penalized because they are in same conference as the best college football program on the planet?

Who played the #1 team in the nation in their conference championship game? Wasn't Oklahoma or Notre Dame...

I don't want to hear about the Oklahoma or Notre Dame "eye test".......they got it made.

Every team in the SEC looks like those 2 teams except Vandy.....