Georgia players mock CFP committee after Notre Dame blowout

RedZone

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Except Georgia literally just played Alabama and that didnt happen.

Clemson didnt do, or look, anything special... Notre Dame just sucks like they do every season.

They played a month ago and Alabama has had a lot of time to prepare.  No guarantee the game would be close.

UGA needs to make a statement against TX.  Good programs get up for their bowl games.  I’m pretty sure members of the playoff committee are aware of Twitter.  I don’t think the bitching will swing things in GA’s favor if a similar situation arises again next year.  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's college football.....an "argument".

It's what the committee did and do every year.

Georgia bumped Ohio St...could have bumped Oklahoma with me debating...

On the bright side, the 2018 edition of The Red Clay Hounds, is the worst UGA team we'll field for the next four or five years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

So a SEC team should be penalized because they are in same conference as the best college football program on the planet?

Who played the #1 team in the nation in their conference championship game? Wasn't Oklahoma or Notre Dame...

I don't want to hear about the Oklahoma or Notre Dame "eye test".......they got it made.

Every team in the SEC looks like those 2 teams except Vandy.....

You meant Tennessee, Vandy beat Vols and played ND pretty close. 

😂

BGW

Really felt like LSU was playing lights out when the Dawgs rolled in for that whupping in Baton Rouge. LSU peaked early. 

Bama knocked the wind out of LSU’s sails and that pretty much put the Tigers on life support to finish out the season “average”.

We’ll see if the recruiting haul will bring LSU up and coupled with Florida’s resurgence. Looking good going forward.

It’s heating up in the SEC, baby. 😎

Regards,

BGW

8 hours ago, SJR89 said:

This is hysterical 😭.... poor little GA not making the big dance ....hey man go undefeated next time .... do not care if this was the Irish or standford getting beat .... u win out u go to the dance .....  

nj people posting in college football threads always amuses!

#why

22 hours ago, concha said:

The theory is that the four best are the four best.

This year does not fit the scenario you pose as GA lost to definitely non-top four LSU, and badly at that.

At the time UGA lost to Alabama, I think but am not positive they were #1 and #2.  At worst GA was #3.  That *does* fit the scenario because the loss to LSU was figured into the rankings at the time of the SEC championship.  If you can't see that then don't *ever* talk about a "quality" loss for a high school football ranking again.

20 hours ago, concha said:

Yup.

Two effing losses.

Not one.

T-W-O

Add in no conference championship.

If Georgia wanted in, they wouldn't have buttered their buns for LSU and then face planted with a 14-point lead late in the 3rd against Bama.

"But, but... we had to play Bama".  Yeah. And got outscored 21-0 in the final 18 minutes. Georgia had their shot and face-planted. Twice.

But the 'Dawgs are supposed to get two mulligans why again?

That's funny.  I never realized that *when* points scored in a game made the difference.  I always was under the assumption that points scored at anytime during a game counted towards the final score.  I had no idea points scored at the end counted more than points scored early on.  Can you show me where in the rule book it says that.  SMH over the hypocrisy shown.

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

That's funny.  I never realized that *when* points scored in a game made the difference.  I always was under the assumption that points scored at anytime during a game counted towards the final score.  I had no idea points scored at the end counted more than points scored early on.  Can you show me where in the rule book it says that.  SMH over the hypocrisy shown.

You naive grasshopper, you.

Let me introduce you to my good friend Carlos Danger, aka Canesxxx, los Hurricanés, LOSer, Guccifer, Goldmember.

Or as I like to call him, “What was the score at the half?”

• Haha 2

One might consider that Georgia got beat by LSU.  Also, would have Alabama vs Georgia been as close if Tua had been healthy?  He was not very good in that game.  Healthy back up QB was enough to get the win over them.

ND should be forced into a conference.  They didn't seriously beat true title contender and they did not play conference championship.  With good scheduling ND could be in the final 4 every damn year.

17 minutes ago, Fred said:

At the time UGA lost to Alabama, I think but am not positive they were #1 and #2.  At worst GA was #3.  That *does* fit the scenario because the loss to LSU was figured into the rankings at the time of the SEC championship.  If you can't see that then don't *ever* talk about a "quality" loss for a high school football ranking again.

Quality Losses are the BS the California crew likes to use when they lose..... There is no quality loss you either win or lose.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fred said:

Perhaps you should get Hooked on Phonics and show me where I said certain points are valued more than others.

47 minutes ago, Fred said:

The final four are chosen are conference championship games. You must have missed that part.

55 minutes ago, Texasball said:

One might consider that Georgia got beat by LSU.  Also, would have Alabama vs Georgia been as close if Tua had been healthy?  He was not very good in that game.  Healthy back up QB was enough to get the win over them.

ND should be forced into a conference.  They didn't seriously beat true title contender and they did not play conference championship.  With good scheduling ND could be in the final 4 every damn year.

Georgia was #4 right before the Alabama game.

The LSU game was already in the resume at that point.

Georgia at 4, lost to #1 Alabama in the final moment... And then dropped. That technically doesnt make any sense.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:52 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Like with the hsfb MNC, teams must be undefeated to be considered the best. UGA needs to start beating Bama if they want to get over the hump. Nobody outside of the SE wants to see a repeat of a regular season SEC game. 

Exactly!!!!  Unless you come back and beat the team that beat you previously. 

• Like 1