UGA (Georgia) vs. Hook Em (Texas)

DevilDog

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

He was a Coach that happened to be black that had a successful career at Louisville.... 

Black+Successful they thought they had something but as they learned Texas and the BIG12 is a completely different ball game than the AAC(Louisville was in at the time)... 

And when he couldn't translate Louisville success to Texas success the flames of hell rose up....

FIFY 

48 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

FIFY 

Keep thinking that. UT offer Nick Saban $100 mil, and then drops down to Strong because he has a couple of successfulk seasons at Louisville? Ok. Whatever.

UT had never had a black head coach in any male sport. They felt pressured to do so, and they did.

He was hired because he was black, and he was retained too longfor the same reason.with Willingham when he was at Washington, and Croom at Ms State.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Shit they made it known they where not ok with a Black HC for football.... 

If I remember correctly one of them straight up said "I'm ok with having a Black Basketball coach but not football..." There was a whole ESPN interview on it.... 

And he didnt help himself by saying we will not be playing for a championship in that press conference just as he was taking over.  Even though we all knew it was true.  The HS coaches here are like the Mafia and he never synched with them.  

25 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Keep thinking that. UT offer Nick Saban $100 mil, and then drops down to Strong because he has a couple of successfulk seasons at Louisville? Ok. Whatever.

UT had never had a black head coach in any male sport. They felt pressured to do so, and they did.

He was hired because he was black, and he was retained too longfor the same reason.with Willingham when he was at Washington, and Croom at Ms State.

One of the reasons OU passed UT was related as well.  Texas was the last All white NCAA football Champs in 1970 and Earl was the 1st time they really recruited a big time black player in State.  OU took the Wishbone from Texas added Black kids and dominated.  They had black qbs in the 70s and 80s and built a pipeline to texas that has a legacy to this day.  Hell they even hired Jeff Blake as a black head Coach.  I don't know if they felt pressured.  I think Kevin Sumlin kicking ass at UH and rousing Aggie start caused it because of the cool factor with black kids being recruited

18 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Felt pressured from whom?   They never had a black HC and I doubt had interviewed one, so why feel threatened then with Strong as a candidate ONLY because he was black?

strong was the BEST available, no top coaches wanted to come to UT, it was a broken program.  

He was a bad fit bc he was an outsider with a recruiting base that was Fla and not Texas.  That right there was against the grain of what UT wanted and was about.  

None of those white institutions were threatened by keeping a coach that was failing bc they were black. (Would that logic follow with kingsbury  also at Tech bc he was there 6 years and had a 35-40 record, was it racecthat kept him there that long?)

The black power structure doesn’t have that type of power to pressure all these institutions to keep a failing coach. If they did you would see a heck of a lot MORE black HC now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

One of the reasons OU passed UT was related as well.  Texas was the last All white NCAA football Champs in 1970 and Earl was the 1st time they really recruited a big time black player in State.  OU took the Wishbone from Texas added Black kids and dominated.  They had black qbs in the 70s and 80s and built a pipeline to texas that has a legacy to this day.  Hell they even hired Jeff Blake as a black head Coach.  I don't know if they felt pressured.  I think Kevin Sumlin kicking ass at UH and rousing Aggie start caused it because of the cool factor with black kids being recruited

I just want to qualify my post by saying, I have nothing against Strong. All Im saying is I believe the UNIVERSITY hired him because they were under pressure to hire a black coach. Too much evidence to think otherwise.

And I also believe that they feel it all worked out because now they can say, "see, we did what we were supposed to do, and see what happened?"

Im not a UT hater. I think its always good for college football to have the major players play like major players, which means taking some of those UT BILLIONS, and hiring a great coach. 

Herman will make them a contender again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, concha said:

So what's the final Top 10 going to look like? Mine... just  quick swag...

1. Bama/Clemson
  2. Bama/Clemson
  3. Ohio State  
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Texas
  6. Georgia  
  7. Florida  
  8. LSU
  9. Washington
  10. ND 

Ohio state would lose to oklahoma, texas and georgia , probably to lsu too. But other than that looks good. Ill just put okla at 3, after that it could be any other way. Oh and ohio state around 6-8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texasvic said:

Ohio state would lose to oklahoma, texas and georgia , probably to lsu too. But other than that looks good. Ill just put okla at 3, after that it could be any other way. Oh and ohio state around 6-8

Lol longhorns have lost to Isu like 6 times in last 10 years and Iowa State is absolutely 💩 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Felt pressured from whom?   They never had a black HC and I doubt had interviewed one, so why feel threatened then with Strong as a candidate ONLY because he was black?

strong was the BEST available, no top coaches wanted to come to UT, it was a broken program.  

He was a bad fit bc he was an outsider with a recruiting base that was Fla and not Texas.  That right there was against the grain of what UT wanted and was about.  

None of those white institutions were threatened by keeping a coach that was failing bc they were black. (Would that logic follow with kingsbury  also at Tech bc he was there 6 years and had a 35-40 record, was it racecthat kept him there that long?)

The black power structure doesn’t have that type of power to pressure all these institutions to keep a failing coach. If they did you would see a heck of a lot MORE black HC now.  

Red McCombs racial comments on his hiring proves exactly what you are saying.  UT even got some terrible calls against them under strong.  Especially against Boone Pickens crew in Austin.  He was hit with a personal foul that many felt was putting him in his place arguing a call. A phantom holding call on a defensive tackle.  And plus Mack leaving him without a QB in the Big 12 was a death nail.  When I was a kid I liked OU over Texas because the team looked like me.  Billy Sims bEast Texas kid and David Overstreet. JC Watts and Elvis Peacock had cool ass names and was smooth.  Everyone on UT was named Jimbo or Billy Bob somebody.  I loved them Sooners.  They had alot of bEast Texas black kids and many in general.  And that Wishbone made UT look like it was in slow motion.  And they hung half a Hunnert on most everybody back then.  They still have that pipeline today.  Texas still fighting to catch up.  Served their snob asses some humility.  Look at Heisman winners btwn the two.  OU has more Texas Black Heisman winners than UT does period and Ricky Williams is from Cali.  Hell Marcus Dupree from Ms. Snubbed UT at the last moment and went to the Sooners. Only in Okla would Troy Aikman lose his job to a Jamel Holloway and trans to UCLA.  Gotta give Mobile home credit for their foresight

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol longhorns have lost to Isu like 6 times in last 10 years and Iowa State is absolutely 💩 

Your point is lol?? Not a longhorn fan but good for lsu they beat up on some of texas worst teams cool but ohio state is not a top 5 team. Iowa state would be a 9 win team in the big10 west lol. the top 3 sec , big12 teams would all put ohio state on the spot

13 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

Your point is lol?? Not a longhorn fan but good for lsu they beat up on some of texas worst teams cool but ohio state is not a top 5 team. Iowa state would be a 9 win team in the big10 west lol. the top 3 sec , big12 teams would all put ohio state on the spot

Woah there Tiger..... 

West Virginia and Iowa State might wanna try beating WSU and Syracuse first.... 

And no.... 

Texas would not beat Ohio State.... 

OU is a toss up.... 

15 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Longhorns is my favorite school but I feel like growing up we were always losing to that school

that’s weird

Unless you wete born in 1995 that proves you are not a longhorn.  Before that ISU was in the Big 8 and never played UT.  They lost to Iowa in a bowl game in 1984 and beat them in 2006 in Alamo Bowl.  Kansas State has been the Big 12 problem but not the last 2 years.  

Georgias Offense had 0 excuse for the way they played... Fromm was incredibly accurate vs Alabama, and then shit the bed vs. Texas. He was overthrowing the ball every single time he threw it. Our WRs did drop a few also, especially Jeremiah Holloman. Fromm fumbled twice & threw an INT, DAndre Swift fumbled twice, and our long snapper had a shit snap that led to the punters knee being down. I was extremely disappointed with the O, because all our starters (except the 2 hurt OL that havent played in months) were on the field.

The D was thin though. Our best CB, Deandre Baker, our best ILB Monty Rice, our best pass rushing OLB, DAndre Walker, our best NG, Jordan Davis, & our STAR, McGhee (who got hurt during the game, were all out. There were kids playing on D that hadnt played in a single game this season before that, including FR Divaad Wilson. They held up though for the most part... Atleast with all the shitty situation special teams & the O put them in. 

With all our mistakes Georgia was in the game the entire time. I kept saying; ok this is the drive the O finally starts looking like Georgia again... But that never came except for 1 quick TD drive. 

After talking twitter smack... Apparently Smart pulled some of our players due to lack of effort in practice... Which is disappointing and embarrassing also. You gotta hope that was just the players being disappointed they missed out on the playoffs. 

Its never a good thing to lose like that & play very badly doing it. It doesnt look good to recruits & it doesnt look good to fans.

I think the player Im most disappointed in, is Richard LeCounte. He has to start wrapping up instead of thinking he can take dudes heads off... Cause he isnt big enough to do that yet.. He needs to add some mass. And hes really all we got at that position... Hes gotta step up.

2 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bro your breath stiil smells like Similac.  🤣 I will give you a pass on dem Horns.  Dude your first video console was a PS2.  No Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis when I was dead Broke couldn't picture this.    Damn you missed the best of Biggie 🤣

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Georgias Offense had 0 excuse for the way they played... Fromm was incredibly accurate vs Alabama, and then shit the bed vs. Texas. He was overthrowing the ball every single time he threw it. Our WRs did drop a few also, especially Jeremiah Holloman. Fromm fumbled twice & threw an INT, DAndre Swift fumbled twice, and our long snapper had a shit snap that led to the punters knee being down. I was extremely disappointed with the O, because all our starters (except the 2 hurt OL that havent played in months) were on the field.

The D was thin though. Our best CB, Deandre Baker, our best ILB Monty Rice, our best pass rushing OLB, DAndre Walker, our best NG, Jordan Davis, & our STAR, McGhee (who got hurt during the game, were all out. There were kids playing on D that hadnt played in a single game this season before that, including FR Divaad Wilson. They held up though for the most part... Atleast with all the shitty situation special teams & the O put them in. 

With all our mistakes Georgia was in the game the entire time. I kept saying; ok this is the drive the O finally starts looking like Georgia again... But that never came except for 1 quick TD drive. 

After talking twitter smack... Apparently Smart pulled some of our players due to lack of effort in practice... Which is disappointing and embarrassing also. You gotta hope that was just the players being disappointed they missed out on the playoffs. 

Its never a good thing to lose like that & play very badly doing it. It doesnt look good to recruits & it doesnt look good to fans.

Just for the record in Texas we vehemently disagree with the statement in bold.  Just for the record and we will cite video evidence as our proof along with post game audio by pundits.  Hook Em.  

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Bro your breath stiil smells like Similac.  🤣 I will give you a pass on dem Horns.  Dude your first video console was a PS2.  No Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis when I was dead Broke couldn't picture this.    Damn you missed the best of Biggie 🤣

What the hell is a Sage genius.... 🤦‍♂️ 

All I needed was Sonics hot GF and my Saga DreamCast🤗

D7A936DF-3D70-4304-9D68-6E86DD40FFE4.gif

647E1322-5F76-4B71-B4F9-6D03D9D9879A.gif

• Haha 1

The Big 12 a heavy passing league gets a lot of targeting penalties in these damn bowl games.  Funny it was all against the SEC SEC

Especially UT and Mobilehoma State for laying the smack down on Ga. and Mizzou.  They tried to give Mizzou the damn game.  Okie Lite played without Hill and 2 secondary guys ejected.  The SEC don't like when dem get hit back.  🤘

56 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

UT even got some terrible calls against them under strong.  Especially against Boone Pickens crew in Austin.  He was hit with a personal foul that many felt was putting him in his place arguing a call. A phantom holding call on a defensive tackle.  

I hope you're just kidding here...