UGA (Georgia) vs. Hook Em (Texas)

DevilDog

23 minutes ago, rockinl said:

So now days, winning what basically amounts to 5th place is remarkable?

BTW, the Shorthorns should have hired Herman in 2014 instead of their PC hire

With Herman at UT, and Jimbo at Laggieland, I look for both teams to keep rising. Gonna be interesting to see who out recruits who in Texas.

Jawjuh had some key players missing last night, but that doeant take away from the Texas D making Fromm and company look average.

Sam Ehlinger is a beast.

Roll Tide

Nah, Strong’s 37-15 record and bowl wins at UL and his national title as DC at Florida got him the job at UT.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rockinl said:

BTW, the Shorthorns should have hired Herman in 2014 instead of their PC hire. 

With Herman at UT, and Jimbo at Laggieland, I look for both teams to keep rising. Gonna be interesting to see who out recruits who in Texas.

Jawjuh had some key players missing last night, but that doeant take away from the Texas D making Fromm and company look average.

Sam Ehlinger is a beast.

Roll Tide

PC hire?  WTF?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

PC hire?  WTF?

Not the way I feel, but from things Ive read and heard , Im almost sure thats the case. Yep. Its not a secret that UT has probably the whitest, richest, blue blood booster club in the country. If you think mega donors like Red McCombs and Joe Jamail Jr. were onboard with hiring a black head coach, you know nothing about UT.

2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Georgia played three teams they had no business scheduling.  Austin Peay (45-0)? Middle Tennessee(49-7). And U freakin’ Mass! (66-27).  Really hones your skills slapping these seals around.

UMass, whose SOS was 102nd in the country.  Opponent’s overall record of 73-76.

They finished 4-8 vs this powerhouse lineup.  And still hung 27 on the dawgs, speaking of defense.

And ECHS was pimping them 2 days ago.  “UMass is still a D1 school.”

Sure they are.  They lost to Maine a couple of years ago.

That Conference gets a stats push like this annually.  Again imagine a Big 12 Offense against Austin Peay and UMASS.  The Geneva Convention would need to intervene.  Again Bama is great and the SEC is a good Conference.  They are no better than anyone else.   Their teams with 8 wins include bumbs.  Everyone outside of THE SEC understands that.  And yes every Conference schedules lessor teams but not a bunch of FCS schools.  Imagine TEx vs. Sam Houston State. 

Here are Teams that conference played.  Most played 2 of these teams in one season and as late as week 10.  

NWST

Citadel

SFA

ULL

Alabama State is equal to Texas playing Prarie View.  Auburn played this team

Liberty again Auburn played them

SIU

Kent

EIU

Ausin Peay

UMASS

Murray State

CHSO

Idaho

Coastal Car.  South Carolina just damn

Chatanooga. Again South Carolina

UT Martin

TN St.  Vandy played a team equal to TX Southern.  😆 and won 31 - 27 GTFOH

E. TN. state. 😆

Charlotte. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Did he really?  That's hilarious! xD  

This article from Rose Bowl Media Day has an interesting description of Martell's pre-collegiate days...

Martell says he'll be OSU QB in 2019

" Ohio State’s redshirt freshman backup quarterback, raised here in Southern California and trained at a Las Vegas high school football powerhouse..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Not the way I feel, but from things Ive read and heard , Im almost sure thats the case. Yep. Its not a secret that UT has probably the whitest, richest, blue blood booster club in the country. If you think mega donors like Red McCombs and Joe Jamail Jr. were onboard with hiring a black head coach, you know nothing about UT.

Shit they made it known they where not ok with a Black HC for football.... 

If I remember correctly one of them straight up said "I'm ok with having a Black Basketball coach but not football..." There was a whole ESPN interview on it.... 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Did he really?  That's pretty funny! xD  

Yes. 

All these "star ratings" and people blowing smoke up these kids asses while they're in high school got them acting the fool. 

Justin Fields was supposedly the top qb recruit last year, and just thought the accolades meant a cakewalk for the starting job at UGA. Got his big ass blown up bubble for a head busted though. 

Now he's shopping for a new school and tweeted about wanting to play for the Buckeyes but Tate Martell has been sitting in the 2 spot there awaiting his turn. So he tweeted a fair warning at Fields who already swung and missed at UGA thinking he'd start right away and all. 

Anyway, this culture of blowing these kids heads up is definitely causing the game to go south with quickness. Hell, I get three or four video notifications per day from UTR blowing up 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 yr old kids heads before they even get to high school. No wonder they're virtually uncoachable and stuff. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, rockinl said:

BTW, the Shorthorns should have hired Herman in 2014 instead of their PC hire. 

Sam Ehlinger is a beast.

Roll Tide

When Herman gets Texas to be consistent,  then he's a good higher, up to now they are a horrible road team. Great at home,  stink on the road

Most people are prisoners of the moment though or just don't follow or know about a team

8 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

This article from Rose Bowl Media Day has an interesting description of Martell's pre-collegiate days...

Martell says he'll be OSU QB in 2019

" Ohio State’s redshirt freshman backup quarterback, raised here in Southern California and trained at a Las Vegas high school football powerhouse..."

Kids today...never thinking ahead...😉

Live by the "swing and a miss" tweet. Die by the "swing and a miss" tweet...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Should it not have happened last off season, after the National title game? 

Good point, last night was so bad couldn't think past, well.....

Last night.

Very could be the seeds planted then. Different focus, runner up versus getting beat up by program that's been shitting the bed for the last ten years.

BGW

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Mad respect for the Spartans, I'm talking the void past the Spartans.

BGW

Personally, I have had an eye on Bulldogs for many years, so I 'm not just jumping in here on their latest loss to pile in. Lived in Atl for 6.5 yrs., graduated from Ga St. Have cousins that live there that graduated from Bama,  Auburn,  Ga.,  etc. A lot of them don't like Dawgs either because of the yearly hype. If I had to pick one, I would say I'm a Ga. Tech fan, but they haven't done anything for a while so their not worth talking about.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes. 

All these "star ratings" and people blowing smoke up these kids asses while they're in high school got them acting the fool. 

Justin Fields was supposedly the top qb recruit last year, and just thought the accolades meant a cakewalk for the starting job at UGA. Got his big ass blown up bubble for a head busted though. 

Now he's shopping for a new school and tweeted about wanting to play for the Buckeyes but Tate Martell has been sitting in the 2 spot there awaiting his turn. So he tweeted a fair warning at Fields who already swung and missed at UGA thinking he'd start right away and all. 

Anyway, this culture of blowing these kids heads up is definitely causing the game to go south with quickness. Hell, I get three or four video notifications per day from UTR blowing up 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 yr old kids heads before they even get to high school. No wonder they're virtually uncoachable and stuff. It's ridiculous. 

Fields may actually be a better fit for Coach Day.  Martell is a dual threat guy more typical of Urban Meyer. Fields would look to me more of a Haskins-type. You need to take into account that Martell is going to say whatever he feels necessary to protect his chances to start next year.

Fields obviously wants to play for a high-probability contender, but Bama is covered at QB, Clemson is covered, Ga is covered (and he's likely burned that bridge), Texas looks good with Ehrlinger, the Pac12 is a steaming pile...  So what are his most likely options? Probably Oklahoma and Ohio State?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, concha said:

Fields may actually be a better fit for Coach Day.  Martell is a dual threat guy more typical of Urban Meyer. Fields would look to me more of a Haskins-type. You need to take into account that Martell is going to say whatever he feels necessary to protect his chances to start next year.

Fields obviously wants to play for a high-probability contender, but Bama is covered at QB, Clemson is covered, Ga is covered (and he's likely burned that bridge), Texas looks good with Ehrlinger, the Pac12 is a steaming pile...  So what are his most likely options? Probably Oklahoma and Ohio State?

And possibly swinging and missing again at either place. Haha. 

Tate has a big head problem too. Of course we know all that from QB1 and just having followed him for so long.

I'd guess at Fields' chances being better at OU, but, maybe he'd fit at tOSU. Idk.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

PC implies he was hired for non football factors and his coaching resume was not qualified.  

He was a Black Coach that had a successful career at Louisville.... 

It would've made UT look more tolerable than they really are... 

Black+Successful they thought they had something but as they learned Texas and the BIG12 is a completely different ball game than the AAC(Louisville was in at the time)... 

And when he couldn't translate Louisville success to Texas success the flames of hell rose up....