For the Intelligent Only

DarterBlue

On 1/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

DAMN IT!  Not even my favorite caliente Communist is above these shenanigans?!?!  Are there no heroes left?!?!

“Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio...?”

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

@DarterBlue I'm sure you noticed not a single comment on the topic.   But the insults from the insult crowd came by to offer their valuable thoughts.  

Those that have nothing to say on important topics use memes, insults, cartoons, and sundry other things. Like POTUS, they are masters of deflection and little else. 

That is the reason I am taking a break from this board at the end of the month. 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Those that have nothing to say on important topics use memes, insults, cartoons, and sundry other things. Like POTUS, they are masters of deflection and little else. 

Understandable.  I hope you don't stay away too long bc I enjoy your posts and the more great posters the better.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

watched the beginning, but got pulled away for something else.  Was going to try to get back to it when I get a chance, as this looked about the best I have seen from him... 

never liked Suzuki because he's WAY OFF on most of his science and accuracy of facts......and seems to be carried by emotion based predetermined direction....so far, this one seemed no different....

Was not going to comment until I saw the rest....

What he says should definitely be considered....but definitely not wholesale...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Understandable.  I hope you don't stay away too long bc I enjoy your posts and the more great posters the better.  

I plan to be gone till late July just before football season begins. The reason for the break is twofold. First, frustration with the board itself. Second, I am going to be pretty busy and on road a bit February through June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

watched the beginning, but got pulled away for something else.  Was going to try to get back to it when I get a chance, as this looked about the best I have seen from him... 

never liked Suzuki because he's WAY OFF on most of his science and accuracy of facts......and seems to be carried by emotion based predetermined direction....so far, this one seemed no different....

Was not going to comment until I saw the rest....

What he says should definitely be considered....but definitely not wholesale...

Fair enough. 

Whether on believes he is a Xenophobe or not...the guy is 100% correct.

We should be listening. Instead we are victims of what intelligent people understand as gradualism. It will eventually catch up to us. Stephen Hawking among others could not have been more clear about this but most refuse to listen. Humans are the only species that do not live in a 100% organic environment and our greed is causing us to push those boundaries or at the very least... exacerbate what may be happening naturally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

You are certainly smarter than average. If we assume that intelligence is distributed to reflect the general population on this board, you are in elite standing!

Nice analogy about the push for the space race and a need for a push on environmental concerns.  The US and some countries are not making environmental issues a top priority pouring money into them, like we did with our space program.

He is right in saying that corporations main concern is the bottom line and not the impact they are having on the environment.  Also, nice to see him mention a few things that we as consumers can do to pollute the biosphere less.

Was surprised by him saying that we have a 10% chance of raising the world's temp by 5 degrees F.  

Wish he tackled the issue of overpopulation and industrialization a little more.  The current population as at 7.5 billion.  How many more people can the world handle. 15B.  30B. 50B 150B.  Sooner or later there has to be a breaking point; assuming we haven't already reached it.  Also, most 3rd world countries want to be like us.  They want large factories to employ people, nice cars instead of bikes, over consumption, more plane travel, moving to big cities from farms, and more goods.  But this race to industrialization will come with a price eventually.

We also need a push for clean energy technology, both by private enterprise and by Governments.  One of the biggest issues right now is cost effectiveness between clean energy and fossil fuels.  If the costs can come down, then fossil fuels will go the way of the dinosaurs. 

If man continues to sweep this under the rug, our progeny will eventually pay a huge price.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ohio said:

Wish he tackled the issue of overpopulation and industrialization a little more.  The current population as at 7.5 billion.  How many more people can the world handle. 15B.  30B. 50B 150B.  Sooner or later there has to be a breaking point; assuming we haven't already reached it.  Also, most 3rd world countries want to be like us.  They want large factories to employ people, nice cars instead of bikes, over consumption, more plane travel, moving to big cities from farms, and more goods.  But this race to industrialization will come with a price eventually.

If we were a truly sane, intelligent species we would be tackling the population issue in a serious, but humane way. But we are not and the clock keeps ticking. 

• Like 1