Track and Field

954gator

On 4/24/2019 at 7:20 PM, WpialHSFB said:

10.30 as a soph is pretty incredible.  It will be interesting to see if he continues to improve throughout his career, but that is legit.

correction.. hes actually a freshman lol. Ran a 10.4 today winning region 4 in 6a. Meet record with that time. The 3rd place kid ran a 10.6, hes also a freshman

23 hours ago, Texasball said:

As of yesterday they officially moved Bolling to the 4x400

his 3 running events at the state meet will be 

100m

4x100

4x400

he is only allowed 3 running events

plus he is doing Long Jump

Expectations of an "Brobdingnagian" finish at State #60PointSAGA

WATCH THE UIL CHAMPIONSHIPS LIVE ON MILESPLIT

FACT:  DeSoto didn't placed all the "dawgs" on the 4x100 (40.43) nor the 4x400 (3:12.89) at Regionals? 

Can the kid produce more herculean efforts with come backs with the larger leads expected at State?

PROGNOSTICATION... The winning teams will need 39... in 4x100 and a 3:11... maybe 3:10.. in the 4x400  

Meanwhile Like I said Jamaica will be no better than 4th in the 4x100 relays against the world.  They were non existent till the Phenom Bolt came along.  Look what happened yesterday at the Penn relays.  Remember I stated this weeks ago on this forum 

@nptb17 @Texasball @golfaddict1 @954gator

Their asses got smoked in the Penn Relays and I watched it on the Olympic channel yesterday.  Both of their teams got smoked.  G.B. USA, Canada and Japan will all be better than the Jamaicans.  I stand by that declaration.   

RESULTS

PL SCHOOL/AFFILIATION MARK ATHLETES ID  
1 USAR.gifUSA Red 38.80 Chris Belcher, Bryce Robinson, Josiah Young, Mike Rodgers USAR  
2 CAN.gifCanada 38.94 Gavin Smellie, Aaron Brown, Brendon Rodney, Benjamin Williams CAN  
3 USAB.gifUSA Blue 39.16 Cordero Gray, Sean McLean, Kenzo Cotton, Cameron Burrell USAB  
4 JAMG.gifJamaica Green 39.26 Nesta Carter, Julian Forte, Rasheed Dwyer, Nigel Ellis JAMG  
5 JAMY.gifJamaica Gold 39.84 Jevaughn Minzie, Chadic Hinds, Kenroy Anderson, Chad Walker JAMY  
6 ANT.gifAntigua & Barbuda 40.10 Chavaughn Walsh, Cejhae Greene, Jared Jarvis, Tahir Walsh ANT  
7 GUY.gifGuyana 40.85 Jeremy Bascom, Adam Harris, Stephan James, Winston George GUY  
8 KEN.gifKenya 41.27 Stephen Wafula Barasa, Mike Mokamba, Michael Ngugi, Walter Moanga KEN  
9 HAI.gifHaiti 47.60 Robert Moise, Ricky Francois, Karl Cajuste, Shnyden Pierre HAI

Now who thinks that Texas cannot run with those Jamaican Kids?  Their best of the Penn Relays.   Texas has multiple 4A teams that would have been in the top 8 in this event.  Those kids would have had a hard time winning State in 6A & 5A in Texas.  They are on the downturn as I've said and I stick by that.  Those NJ and PA teams would not win 4A Here.   They are fast but I see the same thing here weekly.  

High School Boys' 4x100 Championship of America

EVENT 469SATURDAY 2:04 PM
Presented by Grace Foods
Records
NR Wyatt (Fort Worth, Texas) 39.76 1998 Milton Wesley, Monte Clopton, Michael Franklin, DeMario Wesley
PR Calabar (Kingston, Jamaica) 39.00 2017 Tyreke Wilson, Christopher Taylor, Michael Stephens, Dejour Russell

RESULTS

1 St. Jago  (St. Catherine, JAM) 40.83 Rasheed Broadbell, Vashaun Vascianna, Javari Thomas, Kavian Kerr AB  
2 Kingston College  (East Kingston, JAM) 40.86 Wayne Pinnock, Roshaun Rowe, Shacquille Lowe, Oshane Peart AA  
3 Calabar  (Kingston, JAM) 41.05 Rosean Young, Evaldo Whitehorne, Oblique Seville, Dejour Russell AH  
4 Ruseas  (Lucea, Hanover, JAM) 41.76 Rehiem Scott, Jevaughn Whyte, Daniel Irving, Jordani Woodley AE  
5 Coatesville  (Coatesville, PA) 41.82 Dapree Bryant, Eric Kirk, Aaron Young, Dymere Miller AC  
6 Wolmer's Boys  (Kingston, JAM) 41.82 Jhovan Martin, Jeremy Farr, Xavier Narine, Ricquan Graham AD  
7 Nottingham  (Hamilton, NJ) 41.99 Louis Akpadago, Shamali Whittle , Judeson Mirac, Dana Ridley AI  
8 Jamaica College  (Kingston, JAM) 42.07 Delann Henry, Michali Everett, DeAndre McIntosh, Malik Shepheard AG  
9 Central Dauphin East  (Harrisburg, PA) 42.28 Bryce Baker, David Niang, Stephon Brown, Shawn Brown AF

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Meanwhile Like I said Jamaica will be no better than 4th in the 4x100 relays against the world.  They were non existent till the Phenom Bolt came along.  Look what happened yesterday at the Penn relays.  Remember I stated this weeks ago on this forum 

Their asses got smoked in the Penn Relays and I watched it on the Olympic channel yesterday.  Both of their teams got smoked.  G.B. USA, Canada and Japan will all be better than the Jamaicans.  I stand by that declaration.   

RESULTS

1 USAR.gifUSA Red 38.80 Chris Belcher, Bryce Robinson, Josiah Young, Mike Rodgers USAR  
2 CAN.gifCanada 38.94 Gavin Smellie, Aaron Brown, Brendon Rodney, Benjamin Williams CAN  
3 USAB.gifUSA Blue 39.16 Cordero Gray, Sean McLean, Kenzo Cotton, Cameron Burrell USAB  
4 JAMG.gifJamaica Green 39.26 Nesta Carter, Julian Forte, Rasheed Dwyer, Nigel Ellis JAMG  
5 JAMY.gifJamaica Gold 39.84 Jevaughn Minzie, Chadic Hinds, Kenroy Anderson, Chad Walker JAMY  
6 ANT.gifAntigua & Barbuda 40.10 Chavaughn Walsh, Cejhae Greene, Jared Jarvis, Tahir Walsh ANT  
7 GUY.gifGuyana 40.85 Jeremy Bascom, Adam Harris, Stephan James, Winston George GUY  
8 KEN.gifKenya 41.27 Stephen Wafula Barasa, Mike Mokamba, Michael Ngugi, Walter Moanga KEN  
9 HAI.gifHaiti 47.60 Robert Moise, Ricky Francois, Karl Cajuste, Shnyden Pierre HAI

I dunno man I agree they will not be as dominant, but they tend to do well in the big meets.    I wouldn't count them out is all I'm saying.   Will they be the favorites?  Probably not.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

RESULTS

The winner barely broke 39.   The wind gusts won this race.  

25 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

The winner barely broke 39.   The wind gusts won this race.  

They all Ran into the same wind.  It's an oval race the wind will blow in opposite directions at least twice. I watched the race and seen the wind gusts.  The USA and Canada ran into the same wind. 

36 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I dunno man I agree they will not be as dominant, but they tend to do well in the big meets.    I wouldn't count them out is all I'm saying.   Will they be the favorites?  Probably not.   

Go look at their previous results before once in a Century athlete named Bolt showed up. 

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Now who thinks that Texas cannot run with those Jamaican Kids?  Their best of the Penn Relays.   Texas has multiple 4A teams that would have been in the top 8 in this event.  Those kids would have had a hard time winning State in 6A & 5A in Texas.  They are on the downturn as I've said and I stick by that.  Those NJ and PA teams would not win 4A Here.   They are fast but I see the same thing here weekly.  

High School Boys' 4x100 Championship of America

EVENT 469SATURDAY 2:04 PM
Presented by Grace Foods
Records
NR Wyatt (Fort Worth, Texas) 39.76 1998 Milton Wesley, Monte Clopton, Michael Franklin, DeMario Wesley
PR Calabar (Kingston, Jamaica) 39.00 2017 Tyreke Wilson, Christopher Taylor, Michael Stephens, Dejour Russell

RESULTS

1 St. Jago  (St. Catherine, JAM) 40.83 Rasheed Broadbell, Vashaun Vascianna, Javari Thomas, Kavian Kerr AB  
2 Kingston College  (East Kingston, JAM) 40.86 Wayne Pinnock, Roshaun Rowe, Shacquille Lowe, Oshane Peart AA  
3 Calabar  (Kingston, JAM) 41.05 Rosean Young, Evaldo Whitehorne, Oblique Seville, Dejour Russell AH  
4 Ruseas  (Lucea, Hanover, JAM) 41.76 Rehiem Scott, Jevaughn Whyte, Daniel Irving, Jordani Woodley AE  
5 Coatesville  (Coatesville, PA) 41.82 Dapree Bryant, Eric Kirk, Aaron Young, Dymere Miller AC  
6 Wolmer's Boys  (Kingston, JAM) 41.82 Jhovan Martin, Jeremy Farr, Xavier Narine, Ricquan Graham AD  
7 Nottingham  (Hamilton, NJ) 41.99 Louis Akpadago, Shamali Whittle , Judeson Mirac, Dana Ridley AI  
8 Jamaica College  (Kingston, JAM) 42.07 Delann Henry, Michali Everett, DeAndre McIntosh, Malik Shepheard AG  
9 Central Dauphin East  (Harrisburg, PA) 42.28 Bryce Baker, David Niang, Stephon Brown, Shawn Brown AF

Are you aware of the Penn Relay setup?  Everyone ran slow times because of conditions.  Even the University of Houston who would late be disqualified ran a slow time for their standards.  You think St. Jago is going to run a 40.83 every time out?  I'll answer for you.  St. Jago and Kingston College would go 1-2 in every class in Texas.  

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Are you aware of the Penn Relay setup?  Everyone ran slow times because of conditions.  Even the University of Houston who would late be disqualified ran a slow time for their standards.  You think St. Jago is going to run a 40.83 every time out?  I'll answer for you.  St. Jago and Kingston College would go 1-2 in every class in Texas.  

Using the same argument I guess those two N.E. Schools would have as well.  I guess you feel that FT. Bend Marshall, Desoto etc. would have got smoked in that race.  Two Marginal N.E. Schools don't get smoked but they would win every class in Texas.  Uh No they wouldn't could they yes. But to make that blanket statement doesn't hold up.  Again if you don't think the best of Texas would not have ran as fast as those schools in that race is insane.   No way in Hell COATESVILLE, PA who was right there with them would beat Lancaster, Dville, FBM, Desoto in that race and I will assure you they would have been right there with that 40.83 in that race.   COATESVILLE CAN RUN WITH THEM BUT TEXAS 5A & 6A would get dominated.  🤣

6 Wolmer's Boys  (Kingston, JAM) 41.82  Jhovan Martin, Jeremy Farr, Xavier Narine, Ricquan Graham AD  
9 Central Dauphin East  (Harrisburg, PA) 42.28 Bryce Baker, David Niang, Stephon Brown, Shawn Brown

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

RESULTS

Wrong.  Jamaica will probably finish seconds at world depending on what we do with the stick. Penn Relays are most of these guys first relays and I hope you don't think this is what it really looks like. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Using the same argument I guess those two N.E. Schools would have as well.  I guess you feel that FT. Bend Marshall, Desoto etc. would have got smoked in that race.  Two Marginal N.E. Schools don't get smoked but they would win every class in Texas.  Uh No they wouldn't could they yes. But to make that blanket statement doesn't hold up.  Again if you don't think the best of Texas would not have ran as fast as those schools in that race is insane.   No way in Hell COATESVILLE, PA who was right there with them would beat the Lancaster, Dville, FBM, Desoto in that race and I will assure you they would have been right there with that 40.83 in that race. 

6 Wolmer's Boys  (Kingston, JAM) 41.82  Jhovan Martin, Jeremy Farr, Xavier Narine, Ricquan Graham AD  
9 Central Dauphin East  (Harrisburg, PA) 42.28 Bryce Baker, David Niang, Stephon Brown, Shawn Brown

Coatesville wasn't even in the picture at the finish line.  That is the margin of a second.  You know track.  Come on man.

• Haha 1