2019 Schedules - Tiers

Sammyswordsman

there was once a poster named sammy.

he like to invade the forum with tier spammy.

team, state, schedule, player, coaching tiers.

it's all nothing but a collection of smears.

watch sammy try to steal the show.

even the beaver knows tier's blow.

tier left, tier right, tier with all his might.

3 minutes ago, BanThisMan said:

They're hemorrhaging players and coaches.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pat Surtain left after signing day.

Is that you Los?

If so why can't you do the simple job of remembering your login info so you can stop making a new account after each "hiatus"

If this is not los then disregard my response

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BanThisMan said:

They're hemorrhaging players and coaches.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pat Surtain left after signing day.

Interesting.  I wonder if Cardinal Gibbons dips down as well as they lost a lot.    I guess we can look to Chaminade being the top dog of the Broward smaller privates in the next few years.   AHP had a pretty good run though.   Those teams from 2015-2018 had some pretty good high end talent.   

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Interesting.  I wonder if Cardinal Gibbons dips down as well as they lost a lot.    I guess we can look to Chaminade being the top dog of the Broward smaller privates in the next few years.   AHP had a pretty good run though.   Those teams from 2015-2018 had some pretty good high end talent.   

CG lost some but are in much better shape than AHP at this point

Keep eye on Carol City and MNW, both have been getting quite a few players coming in, Miami Central hasn't been getting players so far but that could change

Chaminade and STA are basically in a dick measuring contest thus far for who can snatch the most transfers in Broward county, slight edge to chaminade on transfers so far but STA had a ton of talent before hand

Also note that while STA obviously has been getting tons of depth (best in Broward county in terms of depth) they aren't exactly getting the "top" players in Broward county, quite a few schools in South Florida who may have a better starting lineup than STA but may not be able to compete with STA depth

But of course things can change quick

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

CG lost some but are in much better shape than AHP at this point

Keep eye on Carol City and MNW, both have been getting quite a few players coming in, Miami Central hasn't been getting players so far but that could change

Chaminade and STA are basically in a dick measuring contest thus far for who can snatch the most transfers in Broward county, slight edge to chaminade on transfers so far but STA had a ton of talent before hand

Also note that while STA obviously has been getting tons of depth (best in Broward county in terms of depth) they aren't exactly getting the "top" players in Broward county, quite a few schools in South Florida who may have a better starting lineup than STA but may not be able to compete with STA depth

But of course things can change quick

Have any rated players transfered to STA?   How about Chaminade?   Curious to know.

STA had a future stud DE transfer to Carol City too.   

On 1/30/2019 at 9:16 AM, 954gator said:

Chaminade should definitely play another OOS opponent and one better than last year.   They've had a good free agency signing period so far.   Step up dare I say a tier :).  

Carol City's defense should be stout.   Would be nice to see them have a go at an OOS opponent.   Not sure who their QB is to replace Richardson.    Two STA fbs recruits are now at Carol City,  Javon Ferguson (BTW/STA/Carol City I believe) WR and DE Tyrique Owens (STA first 2 yrs).  

MNW seems to have a good amount of talent returning, but they need a new QB to replace Velez.   Miami Central has Amari Daniels back at RB, so that will boost their running game and offense overall.   BTW,  no idea.   Perhaps our Dade brethren can chime in on the local scene more.  

The Gibbons backup got them through the title last season, so he has experience returning at the helm.  They've got fbs recruits scattered around the offense, not sure about their D.    AHP still has FBS recruits and some young talent... but they have lost some starters via transfer.   Haven't noticed any incoming transfers, but won't be surprised if they're are already or will be.  

DFB should be nicely loaded as always.   We know about an OOS game they have.   

STA is STA... transfers will challenge younger talent and current starters.   QB Michael Neal (no varsity experience) has two sophomore transfers to challenge him (AHP backup last year who saw little playing time is one of them).   

I wouldn't be surprised if this off-season transfer OLB  to Western lands some offers this spring @954gator

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Colerain's not gonna win any toughest schedule....

But they only have 2 non conference games every year....

This season they open with Wayne in the Backyard Blitz in Dayton in Week 1, and St. X in Week 2. 

Those two games would show that they scheduled tough in their available games.  Would put them as a mid Tier Schedule toughness.  Not bad.  The Schedule Tiers reflect "effort"

Just now, 954gator said:

@golfaddict1

Carol City really missed an opportunity last year to play a big OOS or take on IMG again.   They could have played with anyone. Next year who knows.   They’ll be good but might not be great.   

I personally think Carol City at their best could beat IMG

Honestly even someone like Mandarin or Lakeland at end of last season could have beaten IMG as well

On 1/31/2019 at 2:51 PM, Columbiafan said:

I personally think Carol City at their best could beat IMG

Honestly even someone like Mandarin or Lakeland at end of last season could have beaten IMG as well

Carol City will be good but I can ASSURE YOU they will not be as good or dominant as last year. That was a top heavy team that had a QB who was 3 year starter at BTW, who ended up being the all time leader in passing in Miami-Dade county. RB Wright who was probably the best or second best in the county. And a slew of transfers. And with the forfeitures from last year they have to be very careful. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Carol City will be good but I can ASSURE YOU they will not be as good or dominant as last year. That was a top heavy team that had a QB who was 3 year starter at BTW, who ended up being the all time leader in passing in Miami-Dade county. RB Wright who was probably the best or second best in the county. And a slew of transfers. And with the forfeitures from last year they have to be very careful. 

How is Miami Central doing so far

I haven't seen anything in form of transfers going there and so far I've heard very little on them but then again they did catch up quick last year after starting slow in beginning of off-season

4 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

Yeah, that’s why I think they missed a good opportunity.    They were nasty.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

How is Miami Central doing so far

I haven't seen anything in form of transfers going there and so far I've heard very little on them but then again they did catch up quick last year after starting slow in beginning of off-season

Well for one thing their new qb appears to pass @Sammyswordsman‘s height requirement lol.  

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ay6Ms

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Well for one thing their new qb appears to pass @Sammyswordsman‘s height requirement lol.  

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ay6Ms

If coached right and given a passing system where the WR's run routes and not ALL GO routes, this kid could be one of the best in the county this season. He also has a WR that came over with him from American that is good too. Along with the other returning WR's, RB's, and with Amari Daniels transferring back from Jackson this offense should be very potent. On defense a slew of returning players in key spots this team has NO EXCUSE not to be in the state finals this year. They don't have to worry about CC or MNW because all 3 are in different classes for the next two years. All 3 can be state champions. 

6 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

If coached right and given a passing system where the WR's run routes and not ALL GO routes, this kid could be one of the best in the county this season. He also has a WR that came over with him from American that is good too. Along with the other returning WR's, RB's, and with Amari Daniels transferring back from Jackson this offense should be very potent. On defense a slew of returning players in key spots this team has NO EXCUSE not to be in the state finals this year. They don't have to worry about CC or MNW because all 3 are in different classes for the next two years. All 3 can be state champions. 

Will there be much of a drop on the Oline and Dline?   I thought it was amazing how much better MC’s Defensive front looked at the end of the year compared to earlier. Ya’ll might have blanked us with the front playing like they did vs CC.   Did they put any Oline on the dfront vs CC?  They just seemed bigger/stronger than i’d seen in previous games.

12 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Will there be much of a drop on the Oline and Dline?   I thought it was amazing how much better MC’s Defensive front looked at the end of the year compared to earlier. Ya’ll might have blanked us with the front playing like they did vs CC.   Did they put any Oline on the dfront vs CC?  They just seemed bigger/stronger than i’d seen in previous games.

Both lines will have at least 2-3 starters coming back as well. 

• Thanks 1