High School QBs that have won 3 State Championships?

RedZone

I know Kyler Murray from Allen pretty much set the bar with 3 State Championships.......don't think he ever lost a game at Allen.

Any others?

In Louisiana, Keilon Brown from 5A Zachary will try to win his 3rd consecutive State Championship this year....Brown has taken some losses.

Keilon Brown is rated a 3* QB and has offers from Baylor, Virginia, Cincinnati, Tulane, La-Tech, La-Lafayette and a couple more so far....Brown is only 6-0 180 lbs, but he is electric with a nice arm.

Kyler Murray (Allen)

hqdefault.jpg

Keilon Brown (Zachary)

bandicam 2019-02-10 10-29-09-132.jpg

QB Keilon Brown has started at Zachary since his freshman year.......that team went 10-4 and made it to the 5A Semifinals where they lost at West Monroe 35-14..

I remember thinking he was going to be pretty special.....mentioned him a couple times here that year......he didn't let me down.

That 3-peat is going to be tough though.

Brock Berlin won 3 consecutive State Championships at Evangel Christian back in Evangel's glory years....so-so college career. Never did anything in the NFL.

5* and #1 rated Pro-style coming out of Evangel....he could sling it, but he wasn't all that electric.

https://247sports.com/Player/Brock-Berlin-49926/high-school-84660/

27 minutes ago, btango said:

Chris Leak.  Independence.  2000-2002.

Freshman year had a different coach and were more of a veer style running team.  Part time starter on a 5-5 team.

Leak had the most beautiful spiral I've ever seen.    Anyone that has ever caught a football knows that feeling when a QB throws that type of ball and all you had to do was put your hand up and the ball would stick to your hand like it was an arrow hitting a target.   

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Open?

Yes

28-14 v Crenshaw as a sophomore

48-8 v Servite as a junior 

35-0 v westlake as a senior 

only loss was to STA (40-1 as a starter)

he took over a DLS team that was 2-2 in ‘09 (losses to DBP and Lakeland and 2 come from behind wins bs Serra and Amador Valley)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Yes

28-14 v Crenshaw as a sophomore

48-8 v Servite as a junior 

35-0 v westlake as a senior 

only loss was to STA (40-1 as a starter)

he took over a DLS team that was 2-2 in ‘09 (losses to DBP and Lakeland and 2 come from behind wins bs Serra and Amador Valley)

Who was the qb against bosco in 09 ? 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, RedZone said:

I know Kyler Murray from Allen pretty much set the bar with 3 State Championships.......don't think he ever lost a game at Allen.

Any others?

In Louisiana, Keilon Brown from 5A Zachary will try to win his 3rd consecutive State Championship this year....Brown has taken some losses.

Keilon Brown is rated a 3* QB and has offers from Baylor, Virginia, Cincinnati, Tulane, La-Tech, La-Lafayette and a couple more so far....Brown is only 6-0 180 lbs, but he is electric with a nice arm.

Kyler Murray (Allen)

hqdefault.jpg

Keilon Brown (Zachary)

bandicam 2019-02-10 10-29-09-132.jpg

How about Lake Travis???  Did they have just one quarterback for three consecutive years during the run? 

How about Riley Dodge, how many did he win back in the day? 

How about quarterback for Parkview Panthers during their 45-0 run I believe it was 99-01 or 00-02.  

32 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

How about Lake Travis???  Did they have just one quarterback for three consecutive years during the run? 

How about quarterback for Parkview Panthers during their 45-0 run I believe it was 99-01 or 00-02.  

Good questions. May have to do some research later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Who was the qb against bosco in 09 ? 

I’m going to space on their names but the starter was a junior that never played football again after that game — was a pretty good basketball player on a state-finalist team 

the second string guy started next 2 games (v Lakeland and Amador Valley) — that guy was also a junior and started at safety his senior year 

Houston started game 5 v Monte Vista and was bailed out of a 28-21 win by 398 yards rushing from a now healthy Teron Ward.  He came in at halftime of the Amador Valley game with DLS trailing by 11 — they win by 11 and beat AV 56-0 the next year

Houston’s first start really marked DLS’s 2nd run as a national elite after some good, but not nationally elite years, in mid 00s

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Max Browne won 3 state titles at skyline in Washington. 

And was followed as skyline QB by #1 player in country 

hard to credit this sort of stat when Bellevue is < 10 miles from Skyline and they’re about same size — they just both got titles for about 10 or 15 years 

On 2/11/2019 at 1:20 PM, sausmann9 said:

Think he backed up McElroy as a sophomore when they won the state title.  McElroy backed up Chase Dodge his sophomore and junior seasons.  Riley Dodge won the title his junior year but were knocked out early round senior season.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 3:41 PM, RedZone said:

While passing for 10,579 yards and 119 touchdowns during his prep career, Brohm led the Trinity Shamrocks to the 4-A state title in 2001, 2002, and 2003. He was the MVP of all three title games, the most exciting of which was a 59–56 victory over Louisville Male High School and 2002.....

bandicam 2019-02-10 14-41-35-539.jpg

The best I've seen live up close and personal.