OT: Your Favorite and Least favorite states.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Redneck Riviera...  nice beaches in the area.  I drove by Niceville HS once... crazy to think that a 9 hr drive from Ft. Lauderdale may still not get you there yet in-state, then you have Camden County playing a NE FL squad and it's considered an OOS :).   

#geographyissues   #oossmokescreen  

Historical fact.

Alabama,FL,and TN jipped GA in State territory. 

The AL border counties sgould be apart of GA.  

Jacksonville all the way over to Tallahassee should be apart of GA. 

And Chattanooga  should also be apart of GA.... 

Back when state lines and boundaries where first set up the person in charge of zoning GA shortened the range during the final mapping....

However GA is not scott free in cheating other states... 

Savannah has been fought over since the 13 colonies. SC has always tried to claim Savannah as its own. But again state zones and lines cheated SC.... 

9 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Favorite State Colorado. Place is just beautiful.

Least favorite Mississippi,  they can have that back words ass frigging place

Favorite city tie San Diego and Miami 

Miami has always been a rough and hateful town to me. That is outside of the beaches. It is a big town and not one to get lost in

Of course there are some Americans that spend one day at Mardi Gras, the "greatest free show on earth", call it overrated.......then bolt to Texas to party at Gilley's Cowboy Bar.....or some other gay nightspot.

Funny thing is thousands and thousands from Texas bolt to NOLA and love Carnival every year.....

A few thoughts...

New Hampshire is the most underrated state on the east coast. That and they have the best state motto by far.

Florida is amazing to visit only. Same with Texas. Couldn't live there.

Best US city in summer is Chicago hands down. I love the ocean, but you can't beat Lake Michigan and that weather. Also an unreal amount of female talent.

Best US city in winter is Miami. It beats out Scottsdale, AZ based on the very interesting mixture of culture.

The northeast cities(DC-Philly-NYC-Boston) shut down on most summer weekends with everyone escaping the humid pollution for the Atlantic beaches. They suck in the winter. What they do have is history, money and power. IMO, they have a low quality of life for anyone living below the upper middle class caste. 

No offense, but California is another country to me. I love SF, LA and SD, but I have never been able to get a grasp on things out there. Maybe I try to experience too much, too fast and it clashes with the local laid back way of life. I will give them the unanimous #1 seed for wine country, beachfront property, and women. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

A few thoughts...

New Hampshire is the most underrated state on the east coast. That and they have the best state motto by far.

Florida is amazing to visit only. Same with Texas. Couldn't live there.

Best US city in summer is Chicago hands down. I love the ocean, but you can't beat Lake Michigan and that weather. Also an unreal amount of female talent.

Best US city in winter is Miami. It beats out Scottsdale, AZ based on the very interesting mixture of culture.

The northeast cities(DC-Philly-NYC-Boston) shut down on most summer weekends with everyone escaping the humid pollution for the Atlantic beaches. They suck in the winter. What they do have is history, money and power. IMO, they have a low quality of life for anyone living below the upper middle class caste. 

No offense, but California is another country to me. I love SF, LA and SD, but I have never been able to get a grasp on things out there. Maybe I try to experience too much, too fast and it clashes with the local laid back way of life. I will give them the unanimous #1 seed for wine country, beachfront property, and women. 

California is a great state to visit... 

Not a shot in hell Id live there.... 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

How can you pick Boston over Honolulu....? 

Tell me.

It has 4 seasons, an ocean and mountains waiting for your day trip. I'm has cultural, sport and tons of schools with all they bring to a community. 

It has history and thrives economically. Good public transportation with easy access to all northeast cities. 

How does Honolulu compare? 

I think you made a limited and foolhardy choice. 

15 minutes ago, noonereal said:

It has 4 seasons, an ocean and mountains waiting for your day trip. I'm has cultural, sport and tons of schools with all they bring to a community. 

It has history and thrives economically. Good public transportation with easy access to all northeast cities. 

How does Honolulu compare? 

I think you made a limited and foolhardy choice. 

Aside from History and Education I see nothing special about Boston.... 

And Im not riding a Boston public bus.... no..... 

That sounds like itd be a mistake on my part....

Have been to 48 states -- all but Maine and Mississippi

Favorite is Washington

Least favorite?   Not really any place I don't like but I'd probably pick North Dakota as place I'd least like to live.  I once turned down a recruiting pitch because the job was in NJ, and after getting sweet talked, went ahead with trip including some house hunting around Morristown and knew I had misjudged NJ -- didn't see a single discarded hypodermic needle

• Like 1