So Much for The AAF League

AztecPadre

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I finally watched the back end of an AAF game the other night. Turns out it was the first overtime game for the league. 

I did enjoy it. I hope the league makes it. More football and more opportunities for people that play football. 

The question is if they do well where that leave the XFL who will be sharing the same season as the AAF

Both leagues would be bankrupt if they attempted to pull a USFL and move to the fall so the only way either could survive is stay in the spring but that also means they will have to compete with each other to stay afloat

If the XFL tries any of the weirdness like they did last time, they're toast before they get started.

I really hoped that the AAF would make it. Seemed more level than the first XFL stint was, so, I thought maybe it could be like a farm league or second chance league for further development of some athletes for the NFL. 

Not to be I guess.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If the XFL tries any of the weirdness like they did last time, they're toast before they get started.

I really hoped that the AAF would make it. Seemed more level than the first XFL stint was, so, I thought maybe it could be like a farm league or second chance league for further development of some athletes for the NFL. 

Not to be I guess.

That's the only way I can see one working.  Is if the NFL buys in on it and treats it as a farm/development league, like the NBA, MLB, NHL and MLS.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

That's the only way I can see one working.  Is if the NFL buys in on it and treats it as a farm/development league, like the NBA, MLB, NHL and MLS.

Idk why the NFL wouldn't want a league like that existing really. 

It makes sense to me to have one. Not only does it keep fans watching football for more of the year, but, it does allow for further development of some borderline talents that could use another year or two to develop. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk why the NFL wouldn't want a league like that existing really. 

It makes sense to me to have one. Not only does it keep fans watching football for more of the year, but, it does allow for further development of some borderline talents that could use another year or two to develop. 

Agree 100%.  It makes way too much sense. 

• Like 2