Calpreps way to early 2019 preview

Ararar

18 hours ago, Pops said:

I know that but it’s virtually worthless info that only confuses the haters 

The algorithm itself confuses most on the forum as it is, whether  they like or dislike it... so this isn't likely going to have an adverse effect :)  

The data alone makes it a cool site...  IMG record?   Easy check CalPreps. 

51-4 overall,  27-2 vs FL  (24-2 vs. OOS).   Inaugural 2013 season went 8-2 (all vs FL schools).   2013 thru 2018 (6 seasons history).  

2013 was their inaugural year and they didn't play one OOS game...  2014 their national blue chip numbers increased and OOS schedule began and since their opening game loss to SJC in 2014, they've lost one other game and that was to Mater Dei last year.   

IMG's record vs FL the last 5 years is 19-0,   OOS  24-2  (SJC, Mater Dei).  

image.thumb.png.e4a4b9e7f9804ab3c76acaa43ec64707.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Both were preseason games, I think in 2016 they both held starters in for full game but was still preseason.

2017 I think starters got pulled during second half but was still preseason

Maybe someone on the board from South FL went to game and can confirm that but ik both games with Carol City were preseason

Yeah both were preseason and played like regular games.  Just trying to keep things consistent.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

*Please note that teams are now being pre-dropped as explained above in order to slot them the way we prefer for our official pre-season ratings.  However, it is important to understand that this "pre-drop" is eliminated once a team's season gets underway.  Once they start playing, their season-to-date SOS is used by our system as opposed to the full-season SOS.  [Note: last season's schedule strength is used as a place-holder to pre-drop teams if we have not yet collected their 2019 schedule.]

'Once the season gets underway' it's too late for the teams ranked below 100 to make it to the top of the national CP rankings. 

Justsayin....

• Thanks 1

I am ECSTATIC to see my Grace Brethern Golden Pythons starting the season ranked #38 NATIONALLY! Last year's squad rallied NICELY from losses to Antelope Valley and Sierra Canyon to achieve the #60 ranking NATIONALLY. But, clearly the ball club has been working VERY hard in the off-season, hence the jump to #38. You know what we supporters of the Golden Tigers have to say to the rest of the country: READ IT AND WEEP.

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2019/preview_view.pl?school=Grace_Brethren_(Simi_Valley,_CA)

Gooooo Grace!!!!

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I am ECSTATIC to see my Grace Brethern Golden Pythons starting the season ranked #38 NATIONALLY! Last year's squad rallied NICELY from losses to Antelope Valley and Sierra Canyon to achieve the #60 ranking NATIONALLY. But, clearly the ball club has been working VERY hard in the off-season, hence the jump to #38. You know what we supporters of the Golden Tigers have to say to the rest of the country: READ IT AND WEEP.

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2019/preview_view.pl?school=Grace_Brethren_(Simi_Valley,_CA)

Gooooo Grace!!!!

Waaay too low IMO.  The algorithm obviously hasn't kicked in yet.   

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, Columbiafan said:

2016 IMG was by far best in that program history and I don't see them having a team that good ever again

Overall the roster isn't as deep as a few years ago 

That's the year IMG escaped with a 1 point victory over  CC.

43 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Gooooo Grace!!!!

How in the heck do they lose to Antelope Valley? Its gonna be hard to replace Diggs.