Calpreps way to early 2019 preview

Ararar

36 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

There's no such thing as a poll that's "better than all the other polls," because it's a highly subjective field. What calpreps does is offer more data and scope than anyone else. That part is undeniable, and something we didn't have ready access to before it came along.

Exactly. Which is why we should treat it that way. 

Imo, a couple of posters pretty much alone caused all the CP hate that we see. 

I guarantee that I use it for exactly the data and scope you mention. 

It's "scientific and lol unbiased lol" approach as described by certain folks is where it runs into issues. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pops said:

CP hurts themselves by putting this shit out — their April rankings are crap and not indicative at all for how their algorithm works when it actually has data 

am tired of defending it every year 

The algorithm gets crap put in even after the season begins.

The preseason crap rankings will still impact the final product in December. I don't give a shit what Ned says.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

It’s still IMG. They’ll be a loaded up all star team as usual. 

And I still think they are overrated

And that was before I saw them in person, I thought they were overrated when I saw them against Grayson and Miami Central

Talented team but very much beatable, not the unstoppable monster people on here make them out to be

North Morven released their Georgia Top 50 this morning and they have Colquitt entrenched at No.47.  I'm guessing they're basing this on the hiring of Justin Rogers as Colquitt's new HC.  Great article in the AJC if HawgGoneIt knows how to share it....

As usual....Grayson is No.1...followed by...North Gwinnett, McEachern, Lee County and Lowndes for the top five.

Rufus>>

34 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

North Morven released their Georgia Top 50 this morning and they have Colquitt entrenched at No.47.  I'm guessing they're basing this on the hiring of Justin Rogers as Colquitt's new HC.  Great article in the AJC if HawgGoneIt knows how to share it....

As usual....Grayson is No.1...followed by...North Gwinnett, McEachern, Lee County and Lowndes for the top five.

Rufus>>

I think after reading the article, I almost like seeing the Pack in the top 20. 

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/colquitt-county-hires-jones-county-rogers-replace-propst/IzX463jQ67YbOBeBqWn7hO/

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think after reading the article, I almost like seeing the Pack in the top 20. 

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/colquitt-county-hires-jones-county-rogers-replace-propst/IzX463jQ67YbOBeBqWn7hO/

Don't go misleading these gurus on the National Board.

Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs doing the best we can with them we got.

It feels so good getting that out there for the first time of the 2019 season....(Smile).

I think we hang at No.47...just for a while....(Big Smile).

Rufus>>

28 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Don't go misleading these gurus on the National Board.

Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs doing the best we can with them we got.

It feels so good getting that out there for the first time of the 2019 season....(Smile).

I think we hang at No.47...just for a while....(Big Smile).

Rufus>>

And I thought @Nolebull813 sandbagging FL teams was annoying

You make him look like the biggest FL homer with your sandbagging

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

What that have to do with conditioning?

IMG recruits the biggest natural talents they can get but they get there and become lazy as hell

So they are lazy and not condition properly according to you yet they kick ass but they don't deserve to be a top 5 team? ok....

2 minutes ago, Kalven said:

So they are lazy and not condition properly according to you yet they kick ass but they don't deserve to be a top 5 team? ok....

The point is that piss poor conditioning means they can be beaten by other elite teams at any time

They aren't the unstoppable monsters people on here claim them to be

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

The point is that piss poor conditioning means they can be beaten by other elite teams at any time

They aren't the unstoppable monsters people on here claim them to be

MD, Cen10, SFA, Grayson, Hoovers, Carol City, Central, Trinity Christian, St. Johns, East, Desoto, Bergen Catholic, St Joseph Regional, Paramus Catholic, and etc. Those are the who's who of high school football. One Lost in 4 years. They are elite! Again they would beat 20 of the top 25 teams on this list. And losing to another top 5 team does not make you less elite

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I disagree

I feel that a composite poll with the people on this site would at minimum be on par with any other poll out there 

Human or computer

Right. But the point I'm making is that while there are many ways to judge a poll, ultimately, there is no be-all, end-all, because of the subjective nature of the practice.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 2:44 PM, Slotback Right said:

It clearly says 
*temporary; not finalized until August 11th." 

They just put what they think they know from the previous season, and then wait for the coaches to check in with current information.

I know that but it’s virtually worthless info that only confuses the haters 

31 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

All I've said on this poll is that Colquitt shouldn't be ranked anywhere near ANYBODY'S Top 50.  Hell....No Georgia team should !!!!!

Rufus>>

Georgia sucks! 

Texas sucks!

Nor Cal sucks!

The only real football left in the world is played between Jersey, Florida, one city in Nevada, DelMarVa and SoCal. 

Just ask any real pollster anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Georgia sucks! 

Texas sucks!

Nor Cal sucks!

The only real football left in the world is played between Jersey, Florida, one city in Nevada, DelMarVa and SoCal. 

Just ask any real pollster anywhere. 

Georgia is good for what it is, Texas is completely overrated but north cal does suck.

OH is very solid. Amazing state in all sports.

All in all, good post! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Kalven said:

MD, Cen10, SFA, Grayson, Hoovers, Carol City, Central, Trinity Christian, St. Johns, East, Desoto, Bergen Catholic, St Joseph Regional, Paramus Catholic, and etc. Those are the who's who of high school football. One Lost in 4 years. They are elite! Again they would beat 20 of the top 25 teams on this list. And losing to another top 5 team does not make you less elite

When did IMG play Carol City?

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

They played in KOC 2 straight years

Well if they gonna count Carol City as 2 wins for IMG they need to also count columbia big win over IMG thus crushing his argument with his own post ;)

They only counted the 2017 KOC game. Also wasn't it IMG White that played Columbia?

24 minutes ago, Kalven said:

They only counted the 2017 KOC game. Also wasn't it IMG White that played Columbia?

Not unless Trey Sanders, Noah Cain, Nolan Smith, ect. was on the white team

People thought it would be White team at first only for columbia to say flat out we wouldn't waste time scheduling a jv team

46 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Both were preseason games, I think in 2016 they both held starters in for full game but was still preseason.

2017 I think starters got pulled during second half but was still preseason

Maybe someone on the board from South FL went to game and can confirm that but ik both games with Carol City were preseason