Camden County, GA to war with 3 FL teams....

TheRealCAJ

Venice will win with no problem. 

If Camden is just a tad better than last year they will beat Oakleaf. 

Columbia is a toss up becuase they are so inconsistent but I would make them the slight favorite just based on how bad Camden was last year 

Bainbridge is also playing 3 Florida teams. (Rickards, Sarasota and Lincoln) 

Hey NB...I think I'm correct that all (3) games are being played in Gilman.

If that's true...I'll take Camden in all of them.

It's HARD to beat the Bluecats in Gilman.  And don't let last year's downturn cloud your opine on this year's performance.  

They got Bullet Bob !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Camden has been a Wing-T team for a lllooonnnggg time. Bullet Bob will be revamping their old school ways. Camden was actually the very last 7A team to run a Wing-T or any Run-Heavy offense like that. About time they got with the program.

Camden was 2-7 last year... with losses of 56-10 to Colquitt, 56-7 to Glynn Academy, 34-3 to McEachern, 43-10 to Lowndes and 44-7 to Tift Co..

And OOS losses to Venice FL 46-17, and Oakleaf FL 27-13.

Bullet Bob has A LOT of work to do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey NB...I think I'm correct that all (3) games are being played in Gilman.

If that's true...I'll take Camden in all of them.

It's HARD to beat the Bluecats in Gilman.  And don't let last year's downturn cloud your opine on this year's performance.  

They got Bullet Bob !!!!!

Rufus>>

Yeah doubt Camden is as bad as they were last year.  Most years I'd take Camden in all three as well.   I guess we'll see.   They going to bounce back Rufus?

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Yeah doubt Camden is as bad as they were last year.  Most years I'd take Camden in all three as well.   I guess we'll see.   They going to bounce back Rufus?

Bullet Bob will have Camden tuned and ready to go.  They've always had the athletes and with a new offensive scheme...I expect them to compete and COMPETE well.  Region  1-AAAAAAA just got a LOT tougher to win.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 954gator said:

We're gonna be young and running a whole new system. I'll be able to tell you more after the spring game. What i do know is the kids are excited to change and  are glad to be done with the wing-t.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Camcat88 said:

We're gonna be young and running a while new system. I'll be able to tell you more after the spring game. What i do know is the kids are excited to change and  are glad to be done with the wing-t.

While I'm certain that you guys are glad to be shut of the wing-t, I'm almost just as sure that your competition will be glad as well.

I for one will miss seeing the well run offense of Herron's days. It was really fun to watch as a fan. 

Anyway, I also agree that Coach Sphire will have the ship righted pretty quickly. I guess that I'm almost looking forward  to making the long trip around the swamp this season to see what y'all have accomplished already this first season under Sphire.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

While I'm certain that you guys are glad to be shut of the wing-t, I'm almost just as sure that your competition will be glad as well.

I for one will miss seeing the well run offense of Herron's days. It was really fun to watch as a fan. 

Anyway, I also agree that Coach Sphire will have the ship righted pretty quickly. I guess that I'm almost looking forward  to making the long trip around the swamp this season to see what y'all have accomplished already this first season under Sphire.

You're right it could be fun to watch when it was run well, but I won't miss 3rd and 14 down by 2 touchdowns running a fullback dive up the middle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Maybe Camden will use that as motivation vs Venice, and take it to em'. The coaches can let the kids know Venice wanted out because they wanted a better opponent.

Camdens decline in only 3 seasons was pretty dramatic.

A 2-7 season should serve as plenty of motivation. If we can go 5-5 or better this season and improve steadily as we go along we will be happy. It is not just the offense that is being redone it is the whole system defense and special teams included.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Maybe Camden will use that as motivation vs Venice, and take it to em'. The coaches can let the kids know Venice wanted out because they wanted a better opponent.

Camdens decline in only 3 seasons was pretty dramatic.

Venice just wanted out becuase they wanted to play a better team for Week 1. They didn't know they would be this bad. When they scheduled the home and home Camden was coming off a season where they finished top 10 in Georgia. Now they look like a homecoming opponent. The coach at Venice said this coming year will be his best ever and he wanted to do it big and maybe travel somewhere far. He said 2018 is gonna be a down year so he wanted to load It up now 

• Like 1