USAToday way too early rankings

eddiev

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

So using your "logic" nobody from Texas learns to play defense. 

What are you babbling about now?  You tried to equate star ratings as the end all be all of talent and now you’re talking about defense.    

Back to the point:  I’ve seen the pac12 and they are struggling even using kids from Cali. I’m sure many of the recruits were star rated too  😂 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

They return a boatload of talent & get back 2 of their best players from suspension.

Mariettas losses were to St. Johns DC (by 7), GC (by 12), Hillgrove (by 24) Grayson (by 7), & Rome (by 10).... All very good teams.  They did lose to a not that great East Coweta team in the playoffs... But its hard to count that since they were without their 4* QB Harrison Bailey.

However... That ranking is 100% based on potential... As their D1 talent is almost as good as anyones. 

But they had their 4* QB when they lost to those earlier teams you mentioned.  We shall see how they do this year. 

13 hours ago, Fred said:

If you believe in the concept of a "good" loss you would understand.  You might understand if you bothered to look at their schedule and understood how those games played out.

I did and a loss is a loss.  No excuses, they played better teams.  Someone also mentioned earlier, that they lost in the playoffs to a lesser team because their QB was out.  Team is more than just one player. Hope they are better this year and we shall see with all the folks they are getting (eligible) this season.  Wish them luck!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WCACFan said:

But they had their 4* QB when they lost to those earlier teams you mentioned.  We shall see how they do this year. 

Got hurt before halftime against Hillgrove, game was a 24-21 shootout before he was injured,WR Ramel Keyton (Tennessee) also was out for that game. GC game they were down 6 other starters.  

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

What are you babbling about now?  You tried to equate star ratings as the end all be all of talent and now you’re talking about defense.    

Back to the point:  I’ve seen the pac12 and they are struggling even using kids from Cali. I’m sure many of the recruits were star rated too  😂 

LMAO

So you only apply your "logic" when it suits your asinine points? 

Got it

4 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Cool. I'd love more of that accidental irony your wasted effort to appear intelligent is producing. 

So now you resort to personal attacks.  Typical response of a juvenile, I didn’t think you were that young.  What HS do you go to, what position you play?  

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So now you resort to personal attacks.  Typical response of a juvenile, I didn’t think you were that young.  What HS do you go to, what position you play?  

As a general rule, most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the website through smart tips. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules.

Guidelines

• No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
  • Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.
  • No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member.
  • Personal attacks are defined as personal, racial, ethnic, and/or gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.

47 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

As a general rule, most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the website through smart tips. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules.

Guidelines

• No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
  • Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.
  • No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member.
  • Personal attacks are defined as personal, racial, ethnic, and/or gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.

In other words anti Los rule LMAO

Since he breaks every one of those rules within a post or 2 in every topic he ever been in 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Horsefly said:

So we are gonna blast Aledo in a ranking for a loss 5 years ago, but ignore narbonne getting skull dragged LAST YEAR and being ranked in same ranking.    Ok...lol

Nope, dont agree with Narbonne's ranking either. However,  before Bishop Amat went and dragged Aledo through the dirt on their own turf,  the word was even Texas 5A could hang with cali's top tier. May not have been you I remember a few claiming that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, old_e said:

Nope, dont agree with Narbonne's ranking either. However,  before Bishop Amat went and dragged Aledo through the dirt on their own turf,  the word was even Texas 5A could hang with cali's top tier. May not have been you I remember a few claiming that.

it was 5 years ago, who cares. No one associated with Aledo during that time is even around.  Not that I’m advocating Aledo be included on the list but to use a game they lost 5 years ago as the argument for their exclusion is what I’m questioning.   

Are you sure the talent level is the same for them or do you think they may have upgraded their talent from ‘14? 

8 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

One upper...

North Sshore Tx
St. Johns Bosco Ca
St. Thomas Aquanis Fl
Mater Dai Ca
St. Johns College Md/Dc
Duncanville Tx
St. Francis Academy Md/DC
IMG Fl
Merietta Ga
Narbonne Tx
Central Bama
Miami Central Fl
St. Louis Hawaii
Pickerington Central Oh
15. Eastside Catholic Wash
Gonzaga Md/Dc
Saguaro Az
Bishop Gorman Nv
Aledo Tx
Grayson Ga
St. Joseph's Pa
Archbisgop Hoban Oh
Southlake Carroll Tx
DeMatha Md/Dc
Martin Luther King Mich

Have to LOVE the dearth of Florida teams. So typical.

7 hours ago, WCACFan said:

Those were all good teams & all games were close. Except Hillgrove.

They return almost everyone and add a 4* S & 3* CB they didnt have last year due to Suspension.

They SHOULD be very good. Whether they will be or not... We'll see.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:46 PM, NicholasMalibu said:

Watching Marietta last year was pretty frustrating and I have nothing to do with the school or state of GA. You could tell they had elite talent, but something wasn’t clicking in money time. 

Which is exactly why I'm still not a buyer. I know some guys want to buy and sell. But, c'mon man. Every one could see two players aren't making that team better than they were. Not really. 

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Which is exactly why I'm still not a buyer. I know some guys want to buy and sell. But, c'mon man. Every one could see two players aren't making that team better than they were. Not really. 

Another year together under the same coaching staff can though.

The situation with those players could've caused some tension or drama among the team. 

They played a fairly high level schedule against the likes of St. Johns, Good Counsel, Hillgrove, Grayson, Rome, & McEachern... Surely they learned something from all that.

Or maybe not... Maybe that coaching staff just doesnt have what it takes. 

They also had a ton of injuries... They couldve really used those players on D.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

it was 5 years ago, who cares. No one associated with Aledo during that time is even around.  Not that I’m advocating Aledo be included on the list but to use a game they lost 5 years ago as the argument for their exclusion is what I’m questioning.   

Are you sure the talent level is the same for them or do you think they may have upgraded their talent from ‘14? 

I guess we are in agreement that neither Aledo or Narbonne belong in that list.

11 hours ago, old_e said:

I guess we are in agreement that neither Aledo or Narbonne belong in that list.

I dont think Grayson belongs on that list either.

They just lost one of the most talented classes in Georgia state history (from a single school), and are breaking in another new Head Coach.