Open Div Coming to CIFSS

SoCalFball

40 minutes ago, Pops said:

I asked for an example of whining not references to “academy” — certainly wasn’t denying that

Try to follow along for once (or be honest for once).

He said you whined about MD/SJB. You ask when have you ever whined. I found countless examples of you whining about the very same issue (academies).

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think it’s a relevant distinction and worthy of discussion.  I’ve also been pretty clear in saying I’m NOT calling anyone a cheater — it’s just a different approach, it is what it is.

Fine.

But you whine about it incessantly. This isn't debatable.

And your last sentence is a cop out. You're not calling anyone a cheater.....but you always whine about it and mention it in negative terms.

You're weak.

45 minutes ago, Pops said:

i recognize that the academys’ consciences would benefit by denying or ignoring the distinction 

Sorry 

So you've called them an academy, then not, and now again.

The only thing you're sorry about is that I'm here to call you a liar every time you play with the facts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Some of those schools are actual academies. MD, SJB get most of their kids out of LA, OC and the Inland Empire. All counties that touch each other near those schools. Those are private schools that recruit very well. They're not recruiting players from across the country like IMG or BG getting CA players to transfer simply for football. 

Understand and agree (Mostly, let’s forget about that big DT MD got from Sacramento for sake of agreement)

still, there’s a (legal) approach some schools are taking now that are just creating a level of talent that didn’t previously exist anywhere.  I remember in 2010, STA being defensive about taking a few transfers in to get to their total of 10 D1 players that enabled them to share the MNC that year.  Now, they’re triple that with a fraction of the discussion.  

SJB in 2013 was a freak of nature — something that doesn’t happen organically and I’ve heard credible people banter #s around of 30+ football transfers 

now, that’s also normal for a couple of schools down there 

IMG didn’t play football 10 years ago 

BG had their run of out-of-state talent fueling an MNC 3-peat 

appears the WCAC capable and willing to take same approach 

it’s a competitive equity thing is all — these guys are creating a new level of hsfb (for good or bad, but it’s happening) where there’s a big gap between even the best of the rest of the country 

DLS finished 4th in the country last year after moving UP after losing by 14 to MD.  That’s probably about right 

go back and look at the six or seven teams that shared the MNC in 2012 — theybwould all be double digit underdogs in either Trinity League semi-final (I know no such game exists, but you get my point)

i don’t think I’m whining — maybe I am — I do feel like some people are just defensive about talking about it 

“academy” may just be shorthand for those schools successfully taking this new approach 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

What's your point? I wish Norcal did their playoffs like Socal. DLS playoff schedule to get to the Open is a joke. 

If Norcal did their playoffs like socal, no one would be talking about Folsom on this board 

and, as far as that goes, how exactly is folsom’s more challenging — surely not because you get extra games against the #8/9 and #16 seeds in SJS?  

DLS would love for Folsom to be in NCS and play them every year but they play the best schools in their section (which are every bit as good as anyone Folsom plays)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Yea but C10 has beat DLS, something no one in NoCal has done in 3 decades.

CC is 1-4, playing 3 solid DLS teams (‘07/ ‘08 had 1 D1 kid on the roster)

Folsom is 0-3, also playing 3 solid DLS teams 

i wouldn’t call that a distinction worth mentioning but thanks for telling us your sig line again 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

I remember in 2010, STA being defensive about taking a few transfers in to get to their total of 10 D1 players that enabled them to share the MNC that year.  Now, they’re triple that with a fraction of the discussion. 

Incorrect.

10 players in one signing class.

Your bullshit 30 number is the entire roster.

You do this kind of stuff all the time. You're either stupid or purposefully lying.

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

SJB in 2013 was a freak of nature — something that doesn’t happen organically and I’ve heard credible people banter #s around of 30+ football transfers

There's Pops working backwards again and assuming the worst possible for an opponent when he would assume the best possible for DLS.

Total clown.

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

i wouldn’t call that a distinction worth mentioning but thanks for telling us your sig line again 

DLS is UNDEFEATED in NOCAL for 3 DECADES 😂

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Incorrect.

10 players in one signing class.

Your bullshit 30 number is the entire roster.

You do this kind of stuff all the time. You're either stupid or purposefully lying.

I’m not going to get into the other distinctions (like total sec offers went from 2 to 20) to counter 

let’s just say you scream “liar” as a communications tactic which is apparent to anyone 

I understand you’re trying to manage expectations — im curious whether this part of your role at sta — was there a bat phone sort of signal that prompted The Guru to jump into action 

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

i don’t think I’m whining — maybe I am — I do feel like some people are just defensive about talking about it 

“academy” may just be shorthand for those schools successfully taking this new approach

You're definitely whining.

The thing is that you lack self-awareness and so you're always perplexed when people accurately describe you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

let’s just say you scream “liar” as a communications tactic which is apparent to anyone

So what would you call what you just did?

If it happens once maybe we could let it slide.

But you do it all the time. It's a feature, not a symptom.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

Canyon country is UNDEFEATED against DLS. FOLSOM and the rest of NoCal is 0-10,000 against them. 😂

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

I understand you’re trying to manage expectations — im curious whether this part of your role at sta — was there a bat phone sort of signal that prompted The Guru to jump into action 

No, you just lied or misconstrued a simple fact.

And you never admit it.

You just massage the situation and change the subject.

That's what people like you do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

If Norcal did their playoffs like socal, no one would be talking about Folsom on this board 

and, as far as that goes, how exactly is folsom’s more challenging — surely not because you get extra games against the #8/9 and #16 seeds in SJS?  

DLS would love for Folsom to be in NCS and play them every year but they play the best schools in their section (which are every bit as good as anyone Folsom plays)

If DLS played the very best Norcal teams EVERY year in the playoffs they wouldn't be undefeated in Norcal for the past hundred years. 

And I agree with you, Folsom's path to the bowl game is about the same as DLS'.