Open Div Coming to CIFSS

SoCalFball

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I said polls exactly for what they are -- the best objective source to reference teams and their comparable historical positions

Hmmm.  Was the close game between SJB and Chaminade more indicative of the funk SJB had fallen into, or a testament to how good Chaminade was?   Pollsters chose the latter.  Some people bought into that and were duped.   Problem is when people use faulty polls to support their position.

USA today has Cen10 outside top 25 preseason and based on what they lost from last year, I have absolutely no problem with it.  Some polls will put them much higher based solely on history.

Polls are not the best objective source.  In some cases, not even close.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite didn't bring TT back to finish in 4th place every year.   And TT won't be around long if they handcuff him and make him play on an uneven field.  Save your "piety" for DLS

Servite took in ONE player with any stars at all last year (3 stars), QB Blaze McKibbin.  Not one of the others started any varsity games at their former schools. 

I know of only ONE transfer in for this year with any starting experience (and zero stars). If that qualifies as being "all in on transfers" in your eyes. well...I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Servite took in ONE player with any stars at all last year (3 stars), QB Blaze McKibbin.  Not one of the others started any varsity games at their former schools. 

I know of only ONE transfer in for this year with any starting experience (and zero stars). If that qualifies as being "all in on transfers" in your eyes. well...I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

So they had one guy with *'s wanting to transfer in, and they desparately needed a QB, so they took him.  Thus batting 1.000%.  Like I said "all in".  And believe me Servite will now be a destination campus for the IE ballers too.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So they had one guy with *'s wanting to transfer in, and they desparately needed a QB, so they took him.  Thus batting 1.000%.  Like I said "all in".  And believe me Servite will now be a destination campus for the IE ballers too.

I think the game against Norco last year is a pretty good barometer of where they were at, but the coaching change alone will move them forward.  You’re right about IE ballers.  Had a conversation the other day with a fella close to the program and Servite is generating more interest.  His concern is that it’s mostly skill position kids though.  There’s a lot more of them than legitimate bigs.  Says Aunt Clara, “ where’s the beef”?

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

His concern is that it’s mostly skill position kids though.  There’s a lot more of them than legitimate bigs.  Says Aunt Clara, “ where’s the beef”?

Not sure who you talked to, but Servite has four O Lineman with D1 offers (Five if you count the TE). One of them is a two way starter. 

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I think the game against Norco last year is a pretty good barometer of where they were at, but the coaching change alone will move them forward.  You’re right about IE ballers.  Had a conversation the other day with a fella close to the program and Servite is generating more interest.  His concern is that it’s mostly skill position kids though.  There’s a lot more of them than legitimate bigs.  Says Aunt Clara, “ where’s the beef”?

Plenty of Bigs in the feeder parishes and the Samoan connection via the coaching staff.  Servite needs the IE ballers at the skill positions, like they had in the hay days 2006-2011

1 minute ago, Slotback Right said:

Exactly...that always was Thomas' M.O. Those kids, however came in as freshman.

Times are changin Jon Snow.  Programs need a combo of good frosh classes and strategic transfers.  Its important to be a "destination school" which Servite is now closing in on.   Stache and SJB will have to split up the good transfers with multiple TL schools now.  Pulling them back to the pack quickly

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@pops doesn't think I read his takes, but I actually do.   He'd make a good defense attorney the way he can find that "shadow of a doubt" to keep Nor Cal in the conversation.

Most of the time Pops  just enjoys a good debate, and keeps up on the HS landscape just enough to be coherent.  However he is missing the changes in the Trinity League with JSerra, Santa Margarita, and Servite now "all in on transfers".   The OC publics will starve but the Trinity League will become much more competitive starting next year, maybe even see some tighter games involving JSerra vs the big two this year.

Thanks sort of 

I think I’m aware of which you speak but have pointed out in this thread, there’s not that much talent ANYWHERE to have 5 or 6 teams this good 

i do think one very viable future scenario is much as you describe, with a sort of coming back to earth for the superteams — being that different private leagues around country (ie trinity, wcac, Gcl, bnu) will be joined by a few one offs (ie IMG, sta, BG) in creating a sort of perma-Tier 1, but that the talent will be a bit more diluted than it is today and the best of the rest (ie DLS, TX, GA) can still interact competitively 

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Hmmm.  Was the close game between SJB and Chaminade more indicative of the funk SJB had fallen into, or a testament to how good Chaminade was?   Pollsters chose the latter.  Some people bought into that and were duped.   Problem is when people use faulty polls to support their position.

USA today has Cen10 outside top 25 preseason and based on what they lost from last year, I have absolutely no problem with it.  Some polls will put them much higher based solely on history.

Polls are not the best objective source.  In some cases, not even close.

Agree with all 

polls aren’t gospel 

but, end of season polls are pretty solid 

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

Thanks sort of 

I think I’m aware of which you speak but have pointed out in this thread, there’s not that much talent ANYWHERE to have 5 or 6 teams this good 

i do think one very viable future scenario is much as you describe, with a sort of coming back to earth for the superteams — being that different private leagues around country (ie trinity, wcac, Gcl, bnu) will be joined by a few one offs (ie IMG, sta, BG) in creating a sort of perma-Tier 1, but that the talent will be a bit more diluted than it is today and the best of the rest (ie DLS, TX, GA) can still interact competitively 

DLS has been Tier 1 more years than not.  The talent and QB has been down a bit the last three years but I expect that to change sooner than later and see the Spartans back in the Tier 1 mix

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pops said:

Different kids and Folsom brings back at least a half dozen kids more highly rated than dls’s Top dog — from that perspective, game was much closer last year (and, as you well know, those teams were close to even)

Folsom has hardly scored against DLS in 144 minutes of play. They didn't score at all last year.

But this year, it'll be totally different.

Yep. Sure.

The guy who claims that Brotherhood and praying together and holding hands trumps talent always seems to resort to star ratings to argue that DLS is an underdog.

Typical and pathetic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pops said:

btw, can you reprint where I said DLS would be the dog vs Folsom — I might have, but honestly think it’s about a coin flip game again

This is another thing that you always do. Say something stupid with a straight face and then later on pretend that you never said it and demand someone to quote you.

Then I always quote you.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:22 PM, Pops said:

DLS has zero returning “talent” (stars)

will ne digs bs STA and Folsom 

St Francis, Buchanan, Central Catholic, and  St Mary’s are all Norcal tip 10 sorts of teams that can give a scrappy DLS team a legit challenge 

the rest are league games against the beat EBAL teams — not sure if it’s still sort of a volunteer situation as league recently expanded to include CVC, which has been an NCS semifinalist the last couple of years 

On 4/7/2019 at 10:27 PM, Pops said:

You didn’t quite quite verbatim but “be dogs vs” 

The following quote was to clarify what you inarticulately tried to say in the first one.

You're so lame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/7/2019 at 3:26 PM, Pops said:

That’s a monster schedule — there’s some better from the academy teams but for a normal team, especially one without much returning, this schedule is a beast 

By the way, this was Pops' take on De La Salle's schedule.

A two-game schedule with 8 slapdicks is a "monster" schedule and a "beast."

After almost a decade on these forums, he still doesn't realize how truly insignificant and inconsequential St. Francis, St. Mary's, Central Catholic, the entire EBAL, etc. really are.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Not sure who you talked to, but Servite has four O Lineman with D1 offers (Five if you count the TE). One of them is a two way starter. 

I believe he was referring to players from the IE showing interest in Servite, not the current roster.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2017 at 12:37 PM, Pops said:

this schedule rocks and you know it or your already be slamming it instead of my comments

On 1/23/2017 at 12:43 PM, Pops said:

let me just say this -- DLS's '17 schedule is better than any schedule STA ever played in their history and if he disagrees with that, give me the  specific year and we can debate

And this is Pops regarding the 2017 schedule.

Notice a trend?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

Folsom has hardly scored against DLS in 144 minutes of play. They didn't score at all last year.

But this year, it'll be totally different.

Yep. Sure.

The guy who claims that Brotherhood and praying together and holding hands trumps talent always seems to resort to star ratings to argue that DLS is an underdog.

Typical and pathetic.

If I were you, I’d be screaming LIAR!!!!! right now.  As it is, just want to let you know that I’m not going to respond 

You are an ass that will circle jerk yourself to death and at some point, I have better things to do than engage with you and your 30 D1 recruits 

don’t answer now because i’m disengaging but you never did tell me how you are going to get up basically a starting line-up of SEC players against a team  is  no stars whose top dog has an offer william and Mary (allegedly, since you think DLS kids lie about the offers the get)

STA ought to be favored by 50 but I get why theyre not — it’s not because DLS coaches are lame at getting schollies 

nice try on that btw — pretty creative obfuscation from maybe the biggest talent imbalance of any premier national game ever — I can’t even think of anything that would be half this much of a perceived massacre 

15 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And this is Pops regarding the 2017 schedule.

Notice a trend?

How brain damaged are you?  

Why are you researching quotes from 2017?  Absolutely no one was discussing schedules.  Btw, Dls does always have a better SOS than STA, but no one was talking about that 

Nevermind — don’t answer 

but this is another good “why” 

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@pops doesn't think I read his takes, but I actually do.   He'd make a good defense attorney the way he can find that "shadow of a doubt" to keep Nor Cal in the conversation.

Most of the time Pops  just enjoys a good debate, and keeps up on the HS landscape just enough to be coherent.  However he is missing the changes in the Trinity League with JSerra, Santa Margarita, and Servite now "all in on transfers".   The OC publics will starve but the Trinity League will become much more competitive starting next year, maybe even see some tighter games involving JSerra vs the big two this year.

But, St. Mission Viejo will still get the 3 star guys backing up 4 stars and 4 stars backing up 5 star guys from the Trinity League. Being a back-up inspired these kids into a career in agriculture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

If I were you, I’d be screaming LIAR!!!!! right now.  As it is, just want to let you know that I’m not going to respond 

This is an artful attempt at a dodge.

But there's no lying on my part, Pops.

You're just flustered by my accuracy and can't muster a response.

31 minutes ago, Pops said:

You are an ass that will circle jerk yourself to death and at some point, I have better things to do than engage with you and your 30 D1 recruits 

Sure, you do.

Like everyone else who desperately engages and then, all of the sudden, "can't find the time."

33 minutes ago, Pops said:

don’t answer now because i’m disengaging but you never did tell me how you are going to get up basically a starting line-up of SEC players against a team  is  no stars whose top dog has an offer william and Mary (allegedly, since you think DLS kids lie about the offers the get)

STA ought to be favored by 50 but I get why theyre not — it’s not because DLS coaches are lame at getting schollies 

This is what makes you such an obvious turd.

Nobody in their right mind would say that any national game like this should have a 50-point spread. But here you are being "that" guy.

All because you desperately want to avoid saying that DLS under-performed or underachieved. So you say that they should be a million point underdog and should have no chance.

You're pitiful.

35 minutes ago, Pops said:

nice try on that btw — pretty creative obfuscation from maybe the biggest talent imbalance of any premier national game ever — I can’t even think of anything that would be half this much of a perceived massacre 

It's the truth and you are obviously not handling it well.