Open Div Coming to CIFSS

SoCalFball

59 minutes ago, Pops said:

Why is that dumb?

because you believe otherwise?

if you judge by all the polls you find, I think you’ll find it’s pretty much a coin flip — Without looking Folsom higher in at least 4  of 9 years (2010, 2014, 2016, 2018) — 2 of those years, Folsom higher than anyone in socal 

Don’t debate the point — tell me why the statement is so egregious for you to fly with the personal insults 

you socal guys have already been a fascinating anthropology experiment 

😂 did you just say polls like they’re some kind of authority.This is why you should actually watch teams to understand their strengths and weaknesses 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

2010, 2014, 2017, 2018, probably 2019. Folsom would hang with or beat C10 all of those years. 

DLS> C10 

Of course they would have because the games weren’t actually played.Folsoms M-O is to win every game they refuse to schedule while actual games expose them for who they are

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 did you just say polls like they’re some kind of authority.This is why you should actually watch teams to understand their strengths and weaknesses 

@pops knows that the ONLY reason Folsom was ranked high in the polls was because they were undefeated due to playing poor teams. In most years, had they had played DLS and lost, they would have dropped out of the Top 50 in every poll

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Understand and agree (Mostly, let’s forget about that big DT MD got from Sacramento for sake of agreement)

still, there’s a (legal) approach some schools are taking now that are just creating a level of talent that didn’t previously exist anywhere.  I remember in 2010, STA being defensive about taking a few transfers in to get to their total of 10 D1 players that enabled them to share the MNC that year.  Now, they’re triple that with a fraction of the discussion.  

SJB in 2013 was a freak of nature — something that doesn’t happen organically and I’ve heard credible people banter #s around of 30+ football transfers 

now, that’s also normal for a couple of schools down there 

IMG didn’t play football 10 years ago 

BG had their run of out-of-state talent fueling an MNC 3-peat 

appears the WCAC capable and willing to take same approach 

it’s a competitive equity thing is all — these guys are creating a new level of hsfb (for good or bad, but it’s happening) where there’s a big gap between even the best of the rest of the country 

DLS finished 4th in the country last year after moving UP after losing by 14 to MD.  That’s probably about right 

go back and look at the six or seven teams that shared the MNC in 2012 — theybwould all be double digit underdogs in either Trinity League semi-final (I know no such game exists, but you get my point)

i don’t think I’m whining — maybe I am — I do feel like some people are just defensive about talking about it 

“academy” may just be shorthand for those schools successfully taking this new approach 

I get what you're saying, but it isn't unfair to other private schools in the area who have the same resources. They're just choosing not to go this route or are doing it very poorly. The rest of the Trinity is trying to catch up. And it is at the detriment of OC HS football that used to have a lot of good public schools. Now that talent and the guys that would have went to LBP are playing somewhere in the Trinity League. And today, you have maybe 1-2 good publics along with a few decent ones and a ton of bad schools. There was more balance back then. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@pops knows that the ONLY reason Folsom was ranked high in the polls was because they were undefeated due to playing poor teams. In most years, had they had played DLS and lost, they would have dropped out of the Top 50 in every poll

Pops has already claimed that DLS will be an underdog to Folsom, a team that they're 3-0 against and have outscored 108-32.

🤡

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, old_e said:

Just like they were supposed to beat DLS by 17 and wax the floor with Cathedral Catholic. 

You're quoting a troll who's been banned on every board out there and nobody takes serious. My pre-game prediction was DLS would win a close game which turned out to be accurate. 

The Cathedral game was much closer than most expected including myself and I give Cathedral their props. They played great, Folsom didn't. 

49 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Of course they would have because the games weren’t actually played.Folsoms M-O is to win every game they refuse to schedule while actual games expose them for who they are

You ignored the fact that Folsom doesn't want C10 smoke yet schedules a team better than C10. Hopefully one day the two play and we settle the hypotheticals. Hopefully Coach Doherty has bigger balls than Richardson.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

You ignored the fact that Folsom doesn't want C10 smoke yet schedules a team better than C10. Hopefully one day the two play and we settle the hypotheticals. Hopefully Coach Doherty has bigger balls than Richardson.  

Schedules “a” team better than Cen10.  That’s really stepping up.  Lets compare Folsom and Cen10 OOL schedules this year.  Every year Cen10 schedules more than one good team, no matter what they have returning.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Schedules “a” team better than Cen10.  That’s really stepping up.  Lets compare Folsom and Cen10 OOL schedules this year.  Every year Cen10 schedules more than one good team, no matter what they have returning.

That's not the point I was making. I was saying than Folsom has a team on their schedule arguably better than C10 already. 

To your point though, I would love Folsom to have a schedule like C10 every year but in reality there was only one good team on C10's OOL schedule last season and the year before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

If DLS played the very best Norcal teams EVERY year in the playoffs they wouldn't be undefeated in Norcal for the past hundred years. 

And I agree with you, Folsom's path to the bowl game is about the same as DLS'. 

Agree on both counts 

before your time, I used to write PhD theses  on how the Norcal streak is even possible to the east coast guys that just assume everyone else in Norcal was really those little pee wee guys in blue he calls Folsom 

in a nutshell 

1) they have been very good/ nationally elite for 30+ years — while I agree that DLS couldn’t have done this playing in some other areas, I don’t think there’s another program that could mke a credible case to have done it with EXACTLY dls’s Path 

2). Your point — in fact, you probably don’t know, but I believe bellarmine in ‘11 was only the 2nd Norcal section champ they faced (partly because they eliminate all the NCS teams and they just never aligned with another section winner — they probably have averaged a couple per year since (partly attributable to expansion of playoffs) 

3). Freakish, almost eerie, luck more than once (ie bellarmine missed an XP to win, DLS fumbled an XP to run it in for 2 and 1 pt win, and others) — don’t know how many times they were down at half, but Serra has them by 2 scores lining up for a FG with 4 minutes left and lost.  Even the game with you guys — I think DLS ‘18 bears Folsom ‘18 about 6x in 10 — missing that bullet for 30 years takes a lot of luck in addition to #1 and 2

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

To your point though, I would love Folsom to have a schedule like C10 every year 

No disrespect to those who feel the same way, but considering the talent they have over the past several years, it’s been shameful.  Fortunately for Cen10, there’s a lot fewer people that have influence in the process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Pops has already claimed that DLS will be an underdog to Folsom, a team that they're 3-0 against and have outscored 108-32.

🤡

They were 4-0 vs Mater Dei pre academy teams by a similar margin and I said DLS was an underdog in SBG 

whats your point?

22 minutes ago, The Guru said:

They beat Folsom 14-0 last year.

Different kids and Folsom brings back at least a half dozen kids more highly rated than dls’s Top dog — from that perspective, game was much closer last year (and, as you well know, those teams were close to even)

btw, can you reprint where I said DLS would be the dog vs Folsom — I might have, but honestly think it’s about a coin flip game again

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I get what you're saying, but it isn't unfair to other private schools in the area who have the same resources. They're just choosing not to go this route or are doing it very poorly. The rest of the Trinity is trying to catch up. And it is at the detriment of OC HS football that used to have a lot of good public schools. Now that talent and the guys that would have went to LBP are playing somewhere in the Trinity League. And today, you have maybe 1-2 good publics along with a few decent ones and a ton of bad schools. There was more balance back then. 

I agree with all of that 100%

would just add:

— I’ve described the academy schools as willing AND able and right now, there are clearly 2 and only 2 schools that fit that criteria in socal and 6-8 around the country  (none, btw, as well as either socal school — IMG is only one that can match roster and they have rent-a-kid disadvantages that aren’t nearly as bad in the trinity league 

— the rest of the trinity league CANT join SJB and md as successfully — there aren’t that many kids that good, even in an area like socal — MD, SJB, and IMG have rosters rated similarly or better than top 25 BCS classes.  It’s a ridiculous amount of talent that can’t be replicated in too many places nor have a lot of the anywhere 

— it is what it is.  I don’t like it, but who cares.  I think it’s ok to recognize and discuss (or poke fun at).  

— I think DLS could do it — there’s a lot more local talent that doesn’t come to DLS right now than there is on campus, but I hope they don’t (and don’t think they will).   They might not quite match md sort of rosters but it’d be close enough to be at same level

— the gap between the #1 and #10 team in the country was about 3 points for 100 years, but I think will be at least 10+ until and unless there’s more academy teams diluting the product or academy teams kinda run their course 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

I said polls exactly for what they are -- the best objective source to reference teams and their comparable historical positions

I don't have as much ego as you, I guess, to just assume I know more than that, but unlike you apparently, I am smart enough to know that would be a foolish move to cite "on my own authority and say so" as my rationale, wouldn't it?

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I said polls exactly for what they are -- the best objective source to reference teams and their comparable historical positions

I don't have as much ego as you, I guess, to just assume I know more than that, but unlike you apparently, I am smart enough to know that would be a foolish move to cite "on my own authority and say so" as my rationale, wouldn't it?

There’s not a single poll that’s objective about anything because everyone is someone’s opinion.This is why you being a fan should watch as many games as possible to analyze teams strengths and weaknesses but you don’t 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ararar said:

There’s not a single poll that’s objective about anything because everyone is someone’s opinion.This is why you being a fan should watch as many games as possible to analyze teams strengths and weaknesses but you don’t 

I watch games 

I also have a life and have never claimed to be a film rat 

you’re just bird-walking to back-peddle and the opportunity for a little lecture was a nice bonus — everyone uses polls In discussions including you 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

it’s a competitive equity thing is all — these guys are creating a new Tier of hsfb (for good or bad, but it’s happening) where there’s a big gap between even the best of the rest of the country 

go back and look at the six or seven teams that shared the MNC in 2012 — they would all be double digit underdogs in either Trinity League semi-final (I know no such game exists, but you get my point)

FIFY

• Thanks 1

@pops doesn't think I read his takes, but I actually do.   He'd make a good defense attorney the way he can find that "shadow of a doubt" to keep Nor Cal in the conversation.

Most of the time Pops  just enjoys a good debate, and keeps up on the HS landscape just enough to be coherent.  However he is missing the changes in the Trinity League with JSerra, Santa Margarita, and Servite now "all in on transfers".   The OC publics will starve but the Trinity League will become much more competitive starting next year, maybe even see some tighter games involving JSerra vs the big two this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Most of the time Pops  just enjoys a good debate, and keeps up on the HS landscape just enough to be coherent.  However he is missing the changes in the Trinity League with JSerra, Santa Margarita, and Servite now "all in on transfers".   

J Serra yes...Santa Margarita and Servite...no.