Open Div Coming to CIFSS

SoCalFball

8 hours ago, Pops said:

the only real relevant point for me is what we can do to get socal from crying every year about how you send shit to this particular game 

I say bring it or zip it — don’t care that much about formats 

So says the guy who has been whining incessantly ever since MD/SJB began fielding superior teams.  The angst you feel is the same that DLS opponents have felt for decades.  So please take your own advice.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

It really won't be the 8 best in the SS rather the 8 best in SS Div 1 if that makes sense 

That doesn't make sense since the competitive division format came into existence. The last time a D2 champ was better than the D1 champ was in 2004 when St. Mission Viejo beat both D1 finalists in non-league by 40 points each in LBP and Los Al....about a decade before the format. 

Last year's D2 champ, Upland got prison raped by South Coast League runner-up, and D1 quarterfinalist, St. Mission Viejo in the regular season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

So says the guy who has been whining incessantly ever since MD/SJB began fielding superior teams.  The angst you feel is the same that DLS opponents have felt for decades.  So please take your own advice.

What triggered the personal insults?

a) can you give me an example of my whining (ought to be easy since it’s incessant) 

b). Not even close to the same thing — bad analogy 

45 minutes ago, Pops said:

a) can you give me an example of my whining (ought to be easy since it’s incessant) 

I just typed in "pops" and " academy" and the results were endless. Literally too numerous to post all of them.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, Pops said:

DLS coaches aren’t poor at this — an academy school like STA has it in their mission 

On 5/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, Pops said:

I’ve already agreed that STA does this as well as anyone — the academy schools are a sammy tier above everyone else 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:57 AM, Pops said:

STA is better at that than DLS and everyone else, save maybe IMG — I think Negro can be (it’s WHAT he sells) but just doesn’t have the system either of you FL academies do

DLS coaches are not good at it (at least relative to STA and the 3 or 5 other academy schools in the country

On 5/6/2019 at 1:50 PM, Pops said:

They’ve beat as many elite teams as everyone in socal combined (excluding academy teams) over last decade

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

so is CIF btw, prohibiting scheduling them while practically simultaneously allowing/ enabling the advent of similar academy sort of schools/ roster 

Edited by The Guru
  • Haha 2

On 4/14/2019 at 5:54 PM, Pops said:

SJB, ignoring their academy approach, has  been around a couple of years longer whichnis why I have them the 3 spot 

On 4/10/2019 at 11:27 PM, Pops said:

dont say SJB it MD — theyve only been academy teams for 3-5 years 

On 4/12/2019 at 2:39 PM, Pops said:

Who’s a victim?

my team is better than yours — i just have too much self respect hitch a ride to Respecttown on the jockstrap of programs that live to celebrate doing things the wrong way IMHO 

Pre-academy, you guys had one team that could compete with the parochial kids off the street at DLS and they were 1-4 

• Haha 3

On 4/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, Pops said:

So, socal needs either an academy team or Harry Welch 

On 4/10/2019 at 1:44 PM, Pops said:

you want to hold Folsom to a different standard for lack of quality wins?  They seem to do just fine when that team isnt DLS which no non academy CA team has beaten since CC in ‘08 (and they had Taylor Martinez as a senior transfer)

On 4/9/2019 at 12:28 PM, Pops said:

Good grief sammy

it wasn’t that long ago that the Pac5/ SSD1 champ didn’t even make the big game very regularly and now you want us to assume that’s where the top 20-25 teams in socal are?

2006 — No

2007 — No

2008 — yes but lost to Non-DLS Norcal team 

2009 — no

2010 — yes, but lost by 1,000,000

2011 — NO

2012 — yes but lost to a non-DLS Norcal team

2013 — the advent of the socal academy team — apparently SJB and MD taking all the good players makes the sun shine out of servite’s ass also 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Pops said:

the only real relevant point for me is what we can do to get socal from crying every year about how you send shit to this particular game 

I say bring it or zip it — don’t care that much about formats 

So Cal folks don't cry about sending lesser teams to this game.  They only remind the Nor Cal folks about it after Nor Cal claims Folsom beat the #2 team in So Cal.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

So Cal folks don't cry about sending lesser teams to this game.  They only remind the Nor Cal folks about it after Nor Cal claims Folsom beat the #2 team in So Cal.  

I've never heard anyone from Norcal say that. Most of Norcal wishes Socal had the chance to send a better team for the d1 game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

I've never heard anyone from Norcal say that. Most of Norcal wishes Socal had the chance to send a better team for the d1 game. 

LMAO I don’t see anyone trying to reverse “the rule”.  At least the “pretend it didn’t happen” losers move forward situation has been eliminated.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I sure wish you would talk Folsom into playing Centennial so we could shut you guys up. Stop sending Pittsburg!

Me too

i was as critical as anyone regarding folsom’s Scheduling until last year 

be careful what you wish for — I’ve never said CC would be an easy win for Folsom but they are your guys and vice versa imho — very similar over past decade where I think it would go back and forth 

and currently believe they are in a tier of three, along with DLS and CC, ahead of rest of CA, e crept MD/ SJB which are on a different level 

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Me too

i was as critical as anyone regarding folsom’s Scheduling until last year 

be careful what you wish for — I’ve never said CC would be an easy win for Folsom but they are your guys and vice versa imho — very similar over past decade where I think it would go back and forth 

and currently believe they are in a tier of three, along with DLS and CC, ahead of rest of CA, e crept MD/ SJB which are on a different level 

Just send them down...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

I just typed in "pops" and " academy" and the results were endless. Literally too numerous to post all of them.

I asked for an example of whining not references to “academy” — certainly wasn’t denying that 

I think it’s a relevant distinction and worthy of discussion.  I’ve also been pretty clear in saying I’m NOT calling anyone a cheater — it’s just a different approach, it is what it is.

i recognize that the academys’ consciences would benefit by denying or ignoring the distinction 

Sorry 

2 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Isn't DLS the Nor Cal academy school?

No

I think there are about a half dozen around the country that I would say are successful enough to be on radar (there may be a few others that are trying but just don’t have the approach or material to get results to vault them their yet 

— ie IMG, STA, MD, SJB, SJC, SFA and BG, but it’s far from a black and white line and is dynamic (ie am not sure BG belongs in this group any longer)

these schools are all currently doing something to creat rosters annually that would have been historical just a few years ago 

DLS has zero “star” players and their best player weighs 165# with a best offer from William and Mary

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

In what universe has Folsom been similar to Centennial ever? You say the dumbest things sometimes 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

In what universe has Folsom been similar to Centennial ever? You say the dumbest things sometimes 

Why is that dumb?

because you believe otherwise?

if you judge by all the polls you find, I think you’ll find it’s pretty much a coin flip — Without looking Folsom higher in at least 4  of 9 years (2010, 2014, 2016, 2018) — 2 of those years, Folsom higher than anyone in socal 

Don’t debate the point — tell me why the statement is so egregious for you to fly with the personal insults 

you socal guys have already been a fascinating anthropology experiment 

20 minutes ago, Pops said:

No

I think there are about a half dozen around the country that I would say are successful enough to be on radar (there may be a few others that are trying but just don’t have the approach or material to get results to vault them their yet 

— ie IMG, STA, MD, SJB, SJC, SFA and BG, but it’s far from a black and white line and is dynamic (ie am not sure BG belongs in this group any longer)

these schools are all currently doing something to creat rosters annually that would have been historical just a few years ago 

DLS has zero “star” players and their best player weighs 165# with a best offer from William and Mary

Some of those schools are actual academies. MD, SJB get most of their kids out of LA, OC and the Inland Empire. All counties that touch each other near those schools. Those are private schools that recruit very well. They're not recruiting players from across the country like IMG or BG getting CA players to transfer simply for football.