Ancient Giant Centipede

ChimpGrip

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What would you do if you saw this beast? 

8B3168D4-6912-442F-A5A6-F543DD26C540.jpeg

I think some might need to know just a bit more about the a tiny modern day Centipede first before they try and answer that question....

these little crawlies eat anything that is soft-bodied and fits in their moth. The two front legs of a centipede act like fangs. These legs contain venom which they use on their prey, so they hunt and eat with the help of their two front legs. Centipedes, generally, wrap themselves around their prey, and patiently wait for the venom to take effect.

Based on their habitat and living conditions, most Centipedes in the wild will feed on:

• Spiders
  • Snakes
  • Lizards
  • Frogs
  • Mice
  • Birds
  • Bats
  • Earthworms
  • Reptiles
  • Rodents
  • giphy.gif
  • giphy.gif

So yeah...What would I do?

Hope I was armed....

20 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Many military veterans have nightmares about these things and they’re only a 8-12 inch long now.

I was bitten twice by them in Hawaii and it feels like a flame of fire on your skin. My old Platoon Sergeant was medevac after being bit twice in same ear back to back nights. 

The only thing that can bite worse than a Centipede... (Ironically) is something that preys on them. 

Idk if y'all have em out there but Black and Yellow Banana Spiders... Those bastards get as big as your fucking face 

They aren't poisonous but their bites are comparable to being pierced with nails it hurts like no other. They eat small snakes,Centipedes,other spiders,etc... 

25go5o6tnmn11.jpg

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The only thing that can bite worse than a Centipede... (Ironically) is something that preys on them. 

Idk if y'all have em out there but Black and Yellow Banana Spiders... Those bastards get as big as your fucking face 

They aren't poisonous but their bites are comparable to being pierced with nails it hurts like no other. They eat small snakes,Centipedes,other spiders,etc... 

25go5o6tnmn11.jpg

I was stationed at Ft Benning. There’s some bad shit out here also! 

The fact that Giant Centipedes no longer exist tells me that ancient Marines broke out their giant centipede be good sticks and a squad of them went to work on their giant asses.  And that folks is the reason we have Marines.  They destroy big scary shit.  Thanks Prehistoric Marines 🤣 it was many millenniums later before they Got their grooming standads in order.  Shaving with sharpen rocks and all.  Born Hard😎

• Haha 3

On 6/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

25go5o6tnmn11.jpg

Nope!! Flame thrower anyone?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That was outlawed after WWII because da Marines went gangsta during the island hopping campaigns against Japan.  😆https://images.app.goo.gl/RsgJFEDnwzvS7BJd7

Yeah, they did. But brutal tactics were called for. The Japanese were fanatical and dug in deep. There’s probably dudes out there that still don’t know that the war is over.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

25go5o6tnmn11.jpg

Know all about them. They are rampant in the brush in Brevard. A trail riders nightmare.