Georgia > California

Texasball

8 hours ago, Texasball said:

It came to my attention today that Georgia had more kids from the HS level sign Division 1 big boy scholarships than did the big state of California.  

"your attention", really??

That's like a columbia Top 100 for florida, right?

Be nice, RedZone. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I think Georgia has been a better football State for a while. 

You cant judge Cali by 2 transfer academies. (SJB and MD). The typical Cali team does not look like that. These are all star teams recruited up to be relevant nationally. 

I think the difference in the states is the same in the college conferences. The SEC has been the most dominant conference the last 15 years because of freakish defensive athletes particularly on the D line. The PAC 12 can’t compete like that. 

And if that wasn’t enough, Georgia has progressed exponentially on the offense side of the ball from when Rufus and Rab played. This ain’t your granddaddies Georgia football! They have found a way to get the freaks on the offensive side as well. Georgia has it all. Just like Texas. 

I say it goes 

Texas 

Florida/Georgia 

Cali 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Georgia has been a better football State for a while. 

You cant judge Cali by 2 transfer academies. (SJB and MD). The typical Cali team does not look like that. These are all star teams recruited up to be relevant nationally. 

I think the difference in the states is the same in the college conferences. The SEC has been the most dominant conference the last 15 years because of freakish defensive athletes particularly on the D line. The PAC 12 can’t compete like that. 

And if that wasn’t enough, Georgia has progressed exponentially on the offense side of the ball from when Rufus and Rab played. This ain’t your granddaddies Georgia football! They have found a way to get the freaks on the offensive side as well. Georgia has it all. Just like Texas. 

I say it goes 

Texas 

Florida/Georgia 

Cali 

You have California envy like a feminist has penis envy 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

In order to have envy there has to be something worth having envy about. 

California has nothing. Unless you count West Coast IMG Academies. 

And i don’t 

You’re a Misanthrope for California which makes your diatribe inconsequential 

• Haha 2

...rated four or five stars at 247Sports Composite since 2013....only 6 states in triple digits.

Here’s the distribution for the top 15 states in the last seven classes combined, going back to 2013.

The best blue-chip talent states from 2013-19

Florida 337 15.3%
Texas 321 14.6%
California 295 13.4%
Georgia 221 10.0%
Ohio 104 4.7%
Louisiana 101 4.6%
  • Thanks 1

The Top 15 states.

Florida 337 15.3%
Texas 321 14.6%
California 295 13.4%
Georgia 221 10.0%
Ohio 104 4.7%
Louisiana 101 4.6%
Alabama 83 3.8%
North Carolina 78 3.5%
Virginia 72 3.3%
Tennessee 67 3.0%
Pennsylvania 60 2.7%
New Jersey 58 2.6%
Mississippi 57 2.6%
Maryland 53 2.4%
Michigan 51 2.3%
The 247Sports Composite

The top 15 is my arbitrary cutoff, based on that being the number of states with 50 or more blue-chips since 2013, the first year for which I’ve tracked these totals.

The key takeaway: 76 percent of America’s blue-chip recruits are in 10 states. And 89 percent are in those top 15.

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

...rated four or five stars at 247Sports Composite since 2013....only 6 states in double digits.

Here’s the distribution for the top 15 states in the last seven classes combined, going back to 2013.

The best blue-chip talent states from 2013-19

Florida 337 15.3%
Texas 321 14.6%
California 295 13.4%
Georgia 221 10.0%
Ohio 104 4.7%
Louisiana 101 4.6%

Hmmm.  None looks surprising but Ohio.  What’s going on with the state?  Years ago they were hyped and talked about a lot.  They are about to be eclipsed by LA.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

"your attention", really??

That's like a columbia Top 100 for florida, right?

Be nice, RedZone. 

At least I actually put in effort towards my work instead of just being a petty prick like you because I didn't tell you that LSU was a elite team which by the way they aren't and will be bama bitch this year just like they been since 2011 national title game and they will once again be sitting at home come playoff time

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I personally like total # of kids signed over the # of topXX ranked etc.   Rankings are just not accurate enough IMO.   

I agree with that, especially since many these player rated sites are not actually seeing the kids play in a game and are instead going by measurements while wearing shorts

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

It came to my attention today that Georgia had more kids from the HS level sign Division 1 big boy scholarships than did the big state of California.  

CA may be strongest in term of top level teams however they lag behind in terms of depth especially for a state of their size

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

CA may be strongest in term of top level teams however they lag behind in terms of depth especially for a state of their size

I don’t necessarily agree. FLA is pretty stout at the top.  Even in a “down” year CA 2d best team lost to STA. I don’t assume SJB and MD would BOTH beat the very best teams in FLA.  

35 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t necessarily agree. FLA is pretty stout at the top.  Even in a “down” year CA 2d best team lost to STA. I don’t assume SJB and MD would BOTH beat the very best teams in FLA.  

FL is very strong at the top that's why I said CA may be strongest at the top

I feel overall FL is strongest 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

At least I actually put in effort towards my work instead of just being a petty prick like you because I didn't tell you that LSU was a elite team which by the way they aren't and will be bama bitch this year just like they been since 2011 national title game and they will once again be sitting at home come playoff time

LSU vs Texas who you got for the record?

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

The Top 15 states.

Florida 337 15.3%
Texas 321 14.6%
California 295 13.4%
Georgia 221 10.0%
Ohio 104 4.7%
Louisiana 101 4.6%
Alabama 83 3.8%
North Carolina 78 3.5%
Virginia 72 3.3%
Tennessee 67 3.0%
Pennsylvania 60 2.7%
New Jersey 58 2.6%
Mississippi 57 2.6%
Maryland 53 2.4%
Michigan 51 2.3%
The 247Sports Composite

The top 15 is my arbitrary cutoff, based on that being the number of states with 50 or more blue-chips since 2013, the first year for which I’ve tracked these totals.

The key takeaway: 76 percent of America’s blue-chip recruits are in 10 states. And 89 percent are in those top 15.

I saw an update of this for a recent year and Fl was third (INCLUDING IMG).  Crazy how Fl is “trending so far down” on these recruiting websites.   FL was at or near the top BEFORE IMG, but now with those extra kids from IMG, Fl has less total “blue chips” lol.   I guess the NFL numbers (which so far have been pretty much IMG-less) are showing Fl was overrated.